watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan Thread Merged - Anything Tony Khan here

Started by 70sPimlico, May 30, 2022, 12:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

This is just a suggestion. Its not meant as anything but an idea that I think may benefit the forum.

Every window, our DoF motivates lots of posts. Mostly negative but sometimes positive. I'm starting to see the trickle of posts looking to criticise our transfer dealings. I might be reading the room incorrectly, but its happened every other transfer window for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

I'm fairly certain as the days/weeks continue these will grow. For me, it lessens the enjoyment of this place when most posts get taken over by digs at the club. Specifically about TK.

How about, just for this particular subject, we take a lead from other popular forums and have a dedicated place to voice celebration or otherwise of his activities?

As I say, just an idea meant with good intentions

Surlyc

A lot of fans want us to go All Out this year, thinking that the squad needs a Revolution to compete in the Premier League. The transfer window is already in Full Gear and maybe the time is right for that - after all, this season may well be Double or Nothing for us. However I'm sure TK wants the same as us All - Elite players who can help us survive.

I'll get my coat.

SuffolkWhite

I believe its June 10th signings can be done? So I will wait until then before moaning/praising our Director of football.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 30, 2022, 01:13:04 PM
I believe its June 10th signings can be done? So I will wait until then before moaning/praising our Director of football.

Window opens then yes. Freebies and such can be done prior to that though so hopefully we get a few announced prior to that if we can get them over the line.

hovewhite

Think we need sighnings sorted early as deadline day sighnings look like panic deals and in general seem to work out that way.

toshes mate

I certainly believe it helps when threads concentrate on specifics and if this is to be the place to be when discussing Khan Jnr then that is fine by me.  I'd rather not discuss the past unless I see posts that attempt to rewrite or change history (which I see as a kind of fashionable thing these days) and so I will always present the facts as they were presented to us via evidence at the time.  It doesn't help to try to cover things up with misinformation or plain untruths, IMO. 

For me this is a new era of optimism created by the positive actions of Shahid Khan last summer in clearing out the 'upstart' and bringing in a talented coaching team with all the right ideas to give us a greater feeling of unity at the Club.  That has reaped a sensational season just gone and I'd like to see that energy preserved well throughout the new season.   It isn't that it guarantees anything but it is just like that sound you hear when an engine is working as well as the design intended it to - you not only hear it you feel it.

When we start to do business then we will all be able to feel whether it seems that same engine is performing as well as it can.  I sincerely hope Shahid devotes his energies to keeing the engine running to perfection too.   For me he is the key to holding on to what we gained last summer.   

The Rational Fan

I always find it interesting that so many post in the transfer window are composed of fans criticising Tony Khan being unable to bring in the right players, and the tone of those fans post assumes (probably falsely) that quality premier league players are lining up to join us.

What would be far more helpful is people (fans and agents) hinting who might want to join Fulham and getting behind promoting that purchase.

From what I can tell is the only players that want to join Fulham are those that cannot get a spot in the existing 17 premier league teams. Last time we went up, Tony Khan chased some good players that joined Aston Villa instead (like Cash, Targett, Watkins and Traore etc).

Did anyone ever think that maybe it's as hard for Tony Khan to find players as it actually appears and that every player that we would want is looking for a better team.

As an example, even Harrison Reed after getting promoted with us on loan, looked to join Crystal Palace and changed his mind when he realised that he wouldn't be starting. If we cannot get players like Harrison Reed to be their first choice, the recruiting players better than him will be very hard.

My memory is the best players to be clear they wanted to join that Tony Khan didn't recruit were Thomas Kalas and Oliver Norwood, but I doubt Slavisa was begging for them to stay and think he was hoping for an upgrade. Kalas and Norwood would have been good purchases but also as PL squad players.

If anyone here was made DOF, I think they would get a rude shock how many players that we want would prefer to join Leeds, Southampton, Everton, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Brighton etc etc and how little premier league quality any promoted team has banging at the door.

70sPimlico

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 31, 2022, 08:40:58 AM
I always find it interesting that so many post in the transfer window are composed of fans criticising Tony Khan being unable to bring in the right players, and the tone of those fans post assumes (probably falsely) that quality premier league players are lining up to join us.

What would be far more helpful is people (fans and agents) hinting who might want to join Fulham and getting behind promoting that purchase.

From what I can tell is the only players that want to join Fulham are those that cannot get a spot in the existing 17 premier league teams. Last time we went up, Tony Khan chased some good players that joined Aston Villa instead (like Cash, Targett, Watkins and Traore etc).

Did anyone ever think that maybe it's as hard for Tony Khan to find players as it actually appears and that every player that we would want is looking for a better team.

As an example, even Harrison Reed after getting promoted with us on loan, looked to join Crystal Palace and changed his mind when he realised that he wouldn't be starting. If we cannot get players like Harrison Reed to be their first choice, the recruiting players better than him will be very hard.

My memory is the best players to be clear they wanted to join that Tony Khan didn't recruit were Thomas Kalas and Oliver Norwood, but I doubt Slavisa was begging for them to stay and think he was hoping for an upgrade. Kalas and Norwood would have been good purchases but also as PL squad players.

If anyone here was made DOF, I think they would get a rude shock how many players that we want would prefer to join Leeds, Southampton, Everton, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Brighton etc etc and how little premier league quality any promoted team has banging at the door.

echo the above and add that one of the biggest gripes is getting the business done early. I think there is a certain type of transfer that can get done early for us. Maybe a youngster or a player at the back end of his career or a player known by the coach.

Lets face it, if FFC want you and are prepared to chuck dosh at you, your agent is going to use that as bait for a better offer and wait until as late as possible.

Somerset Fulham

Totally agree with all of this.  People who think that we can just go get who we want are quite frankly deluded.

Things start to warm up a bit in the second season where we would perhaps not been as fodder but make no mistake, we are at the very bottom of the pile (bar two) for this season.

Jim©

I guess due to our "yo yoing" it's going to be harder to recruit players. However one or two marquee signings may change that feeling.
Personally think recruitment last summer and one before was very good. How much input came from coaches, who really knows?

Lighthouse

Personally I like it when threads go off on a slight tangent. Having a positive or negative section would to me be very boring. As for TK. The Human Condition is to concentrate on everything that he has done wrong or badly. Without mentioning the success.

But there is a limit what more can be said about the guy seeing as he is less prevalent when it comes to signings now than he used to be.

We all know where we need strengthening. I maintain it wasn't a strong Championship this season so we may find the gap even bigger. But time will tell. With World Cups in dubious places and football generally run by equally dubious people. We need to concentrate on survival and balloons and threads roaming free from the subject at hand.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

Nobody forced Khan Jnr to take the position of recruitment.  He wanted it alongside Craig Kline and Rigg was moved on PDQ.   I presume they believed they could do a better job.

Nobody believes recruitment is easy especially when you are a club that appears to lack stability and a united dressing room.  Nobody forced Khan Jnr into any of his signings.  We know he never discussed recruitment with Jokanovic.  Who dismissed Jokanovic?  Ranieri claimed 'the squad was good enough for the PL' and lasted barely three months.  What player is going to be enticed by such instability.  I could add some more (the poor contract decisions etc.) but frankly that period still depresses me. 

People may take Khan Jnr's side but I am on FFC's side and I want what is best for all of us although I don't necessarily know what that looks like but I am pretty sure Marco Silva does.  I also believe that last summer was a turning point so please don't dig out excuses for anyone before they are necessary because that is what you sound like you are doing.  This isn't the past - it is the present and you could try to be upbeat for once.

JoelH5

I assume you haven't seen his AEW video from yesterday? Things like that are an embarrassment to the club. That's a big part of why these posts occur.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on May 31, 2022, 11:01:30 AM

Nobody forced Khan Jnr to take the position of recruitment.  He wanted it alongside Craig Kline and Rigg was moved on PDQ.   I presume they believed they could do a better job.

Nobody believes recruitment is easy especially when you are a club that appears to lack stability and a united dressing room.  Nobody forced Khan Jnr into any of his signings.  We know he never discussed recruitment with Jokanovic.  Who dismissed Jokanovic?  Ranieri claimed 'the squad was good enough for the PL' and lasted barely three months.  What player is going to be enticed by such instability.  I could add some more (the poor contract decisions etc.) but frankly that period still depresses me. 

People may take Khan Jnr's side but I am on FFC's side and I want what is best for all of us although I don't necessarily know what that looks like but I am pretty sure Marco Silva does.  I also believe that last summer was a turning point so please don't dig out excuses for anyone before they are necessary because that is what you sound like you are doing.  This isn't the past - it is the present and you could try to be upbeat for once.

Toshes mate, i concur with your observations and mirror your opinion.
Let us hope that the jigsaw of putting a team together worthy of staying in the Premier League bears fruit and we can fill the key positions that need strengthen with quality players who have the mental strength to prepare themselves for a fight for survival but also make an impact to Fulham away from the danger zone.
Time of course will tell, nevertheless team bonding as new players arrive and a positive preseason preparation for not only fitness and conditioning but also organisation and i look forward to seeing how it all unravels, bearing in mind Fulham FC need stability and staying up is one of the most important keys in gaining stability.

We can only achieve that with players who can walk into our current team which all teams face when they are promoted, and we have to better than Bournemouth and Forest in the recruitment department.
I hope it is third time lucky for us, i am not superstitious but has anyone found my lucky Rabbits Foot.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

Maybe "Rational Fan" could run the new TK forum since he always appears to be part of TK's PR team

ALG01

I think the op is a good idea.
But is unfortunately going to be impossible to  because i think there is never a single issue that makes us good or bad.
Things will naturally spill over from one topic to the next. And, to be fair, we do not know what involvement tony will have this window, he clearly has taken a bit part roll since silva arrived, so we shall see what happens next.

filham

We should certainly be more reasonable to TK and try to understand how difficult it is to recruit the best payers.
I am however hoping he will have more success this summer due to the fact that he has had more experience and that magnificent season just gone must have made us more attractive to players. A London club that has just finished top of the table and scored 106 goals  should appeal to a lot of players.

S.F.Sorrow

Is TK even involved in transfers anymore? Surely not as much as he used to? He seems very busy with that ridiculous freakshow. Hopefully his main focus will stay there. I'm sure we have far more qualified people than the owner's son to handle our recruitment.

toshes mate

Quote from: JoelH5 on May 31, 2022, 11:06:38 AM
I assume you haven't seen his AEW video from yesterday? Things like that are an embarrassment to the club. That's a big part of why these posts occur.
I have just read a verbatim report of the video which contains much foul language from our owner's son.  Apparently he was 'being passionate'.  It's a pity he doesn't channel all that energy into things that are wholly constructive to FFC and not just providing monetary advances to "his Company" (which is what I presume he calls his AEW franchise). 

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: filham on May 31, 2022, 02:59:12 PM
We should certainly be more reasonable to TK and try to understand how difficult it is to recruit the best payers.
I am however hoping he will have more success this summer due to the fact that he has had more experience and that magnificent season just gone must have made us more attractive to players. A London club that has just finished top of the table and scored 106 goals  should appeal to a lot of players.

What experience? From what I've seen he has spent most of his time with his men in tights on the other side of the Atlantic. Hardly relevant experience for a DoF, Head of Recruitment, etc.etc. in a Premier League club.