watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackburn rovers.. Oh dear!!

Started by Admin, January 04, 2011, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Anyone else watching the new Indian owners now on Sky Sports?! What a complete mess and clueless lot these will turn out to be and I'm sorry to say this will all end in tears.

For a start, I'm not jelous but come on, 20 million over 3 years for Ronaldinho, David Beckham, a LONG TERM deal for Steve Keane and wait.. They want to bring Damien Duff back to the club.  :tom:

I had to turn away at one point as the woman owner or wife to the owner was flicking through a history book of Blackburn accompanied by a tropical bird in a cage. Is this for real or does anyone else think there could be a few dissapointed Blackburn fans in months to come..

GoldCoastWhite

Comic relief ? Why does Peter Sellers in "The Party" spring to mind ? ... Birdy num nums!

MJG

Heard them on the radio this morning and he used "EPL"...says it all really :hook:

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

The new owners confuse me.

First they say they want to be top 5 with a £5m outlay then they offer Ronaldinho £20m over three years, or approximately 1/2 the cost of buying the club. That is madness. If they invested that cash into 3-4 or so players they could have a pretty decent team!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 04, 2011, 01:57:19 PM
http://bcove.me/yvld683a

clueless....

Rule No.1 of negotiations, never reveal your hand, in which they fail miserably.

The report also says that she is 'going to blackburn for the first time' this weekend. So she is the Chairwoman and has never even been to the club? Astonishing.

I have a friend who is a Blackburn supporter and he thinks that they are hoping to tap into the local Asian community. The problem he points out is that there are actually very few asians in the area who bother going as it is still very much white male working class dominated support in the area.

finnster01

They also say that the main reason Big Sam was fired was that the Chairlady threw a party in India with high-end VIP's to celebrate her new toy only to watch Man U demolish them 7-1 on several big screens

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on January 04, 2011, 02:12:41 PM
They also say that the main reason Big Sam was fired was that the Chairlady threw a party in India with high-end VIP's to celebrate her new toy only to watch Man U demolish them 7-1 on several big screens

I think that just goes to show how clueless they are. If I was throwing a party to show off my new toy I would pick a winnable home game, not Man Utd away. I know they went for the game against the 'big name' team but again, that shows what they are in it for really.

SmithyFFC

Real bunch of clueless muppets running that club. Reckon they'll be the next Portsmouth.
FTID

Logicalman

Let's give them a little time to get clued up on how the business of football is run in Europe, and see what they do after that.
You cannot fault their optimism and willingness to become involved in the club at a personal level, with respect, when we look at the Glazers and the Hicks & Gillets of this world, this is more a breath of fresh air.

Personally, I hope they are successful, and, like our very own MaF, show that personal involvement by owners can be a good thing.

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on January 04, 2011, 01:51:37 PM
Heard them on the radio this morning and he used "EPL"...says it all really :hook:

Oh stop. That is how it is known outside England. I didn't know it was a dirty word until I used it on FulhamUSA and had my hand promptly slapped by Syd. You guys call it the Prem which is a colloquialism for the locals but it is known as the EPL here in the US and most likely everywhere else. Doesn't mean we got it right but it's just in our vocabulary and how it is marketed to us.

However, the fact that they want Duff back and they let Sam go, makes me think they have a LOT to learn about owning an operating a prem team.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I'm English,so to use the term EPL doesn't make any sense.Also if your not English and you follow/own a Prem team and still use the term EPL it mark's you out as a tourist and someone not to take seriously,that's why we get sniffy about the term,especially if your American as it bring to mind the "hey that' the funny soccer ball game you English play" type of American,and you guy's are sooooooooo much better than that :clap_hands:

Steve_orino

Ridge, Syd, I see both sides of the arguement & offer this:

Its like referring to the NBA as the USNBA...

Just call the League by its name, the Premier League - PL.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

lamby

Quote from: Steve_orino on January 05, 2011, 01:12:41 AM

What? As opposed to the Indian Premier League or the Scottish Premier League

It is called EPL in every country besides England. Get over it.

finnster01

Quote from: lamby on January 05, 2011, 01:55:51 AM

What? As opposed to the Indian Premier League or the Scottish Premier League

It is called EPL in every country besides England. Get over it.
Why get over it? It is not called the EPL that's why. It is called the Barclays Premier League and even though it is the greatest league in the world we don't call it the World Series nor do we call the winner World Champion.

Why can't people call a spade a spade? How hard is that?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on January 04, 2011, 06:42:45 PM
I'm English,so to use the term EPL doesn't make any sense.Also if your not English and you follow/own a Prem team and still use the term EPL it mark's you out as a tourist and someone not to take seriously,that's why we get sniffy about the term,especially if your American as it bring to mind the "hey that' the funny soccer ball game you English play" type of American,and you guy are sooooooooo much better than that :clap_hands:

Thanks Syd. I no longer refer to it as the EPL, thanks to you....I now say Premier League, even to my friends.....and they all look at me with that "what the hell are you talking about?" look.  :dft012:

McBridefan1

ha ha holy shlt it's like she's talking about ordering a new slurpy machine for thier 7-11... trust me he thinks well??? Birdie num nums almost seems like a documentary after watching that lady... Jesus H. Christmas...

McBridefan1

I don't think Americans would have a problem if someone called the NBA the USNBA... maybe cuz we're proud to be from the US... The English don't want anyone to know their Pram...errr... Prem is in England... so shhhhhh, just call it the prem, wait can we call it Barclay's Premier league or BPL??? lol sorry finny. Semantics, unless you own the team in which case you had better use local colloquialisms to endear yourself to your fans... just my opinion though.

HatterDon

When nPower replaces Barclay's as the sponsor, I guess it'll make more sense to call it the nPPL, than to call it the English Premier League.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel