News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why is Tom Cairney not considered good enough for the crude Scotland squad??

Started by Nick Bateman, June 01, 2022, 07:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Tom Cairney, Fulham's "Glenn Hoddle" has not been capped yet by ex-Chelsea employee Steve Clarke. Is Clarke putting club before country, allowing his hatred of local rivals take presidence over what is best for his country??

When one views Billy Gilmour and John McGinn chosen to supersede the brilliant Cairney, it beggars belief. Cairney possibly considered as a Championship player even though last season he was in the top division, he has returned again and will wow fans and neutrals, mark my words. Cairney is a thinking man's footballer, has great vision and the skill to deliver.

Cairney can score penalties, unlike England's Mason Mount who Southgate seems to build the national team around because of second-in-charge Steve Holland Chelsea influence.

But whatever the situation, I shall be rooting for Wales: at least they play their BEST players!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MartyFFC

When you look at the state of their midfield, it's astonishing he hasn't had more caps. Maybe the fact he was born in Nottingham has worked against him

Moltobueno

Rupert

Clearly he is not a mason, or he would have a cupboard full of caps by now. You tell them, Nick!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

The Rock

Cairney has carried various knee problems over the past 4 years over International breaks.

It's not like he can just walk into the side.

Remember to tip the wait staff.

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Moltobueno on June 01, 2022, 08:49:02 PM
Have to agree with Nick Bateman first time ever

I also believe the Earth is round.

Ukraine deserved the win. Clarke used "Steve bruce" hoof-and-hope football while Ukraine used guile. Clarke should be sacked and great, I repeat, great players like Tom Cairney will make Scotland a better team. Look waht Modric did for Croatia? 'Nuff said!

toshes mate

I agree that Scotland's midfield appeared really disjointed  as compared to Ukraine's ability to see a pass and make it.  Cairney is a class above when fit and I hope he gets playing time in the PL this season.  He is still a class act and it's worth managing that dodgy knee just to catch glimpses of his magic.  It just baffles me that he wasn't in that squad last night.

ffcwickford

Steve Clarke was interviewed, but never got the Fulham job - to him if we had the best Scottish player in the world on our books he would not pick him until he changed clubs - he is a proper MacNumpty!!!

Holders

From a selfish, Fulham, point of view I'd rather Tom were resting his knee or getting any treatment it needs than in the Scotland squad. Not sure if he'd agree though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Has to be a benefit for Fulham that Cairney is free of international duties which would only serve to aggravate his dodgy knee.
We need a fully fit Cairney to start the season he could prove to be  the key player in our midfield.

colinwhite

If you saw the first half yesterday Clarke set his team up to play long. Tc wouldn't have had touch.

ALG01

tom needs the long rest and better for us he is overlooked
he surely does not suit the scotland style.

Mince n Tatties

I think that was really because of the situation,the worst
opponent the Scots could have met last night.

bog

That young blonde lad who came on near the end looks a top prospect....any chance Tony?  :022:

H4usuallysitting

Nick Bateman

In any case I shall be cheering on Wales on Sunday. They will play our own Harry Wilson and possible returnee Neco Williams. Williams reminds me of a young Gareth Bale who should also feature. Thought the Dutch ref had a good game, not giving every dive both teams did in Hampden. Premier League could learn from that!