watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Areola

Started by bog, June 10, 2022, 03:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I just read that Alphonse Areola has not yet signed for Wham and Newcastle are sniffing about. If this is true come on Fulham get in there! 

092.gif

filham

If Areola has not yet signed for Wet Spam it is good that we have not yet signed a new keeper.
He has to be our first choice and it would be satisfying to take him from under the nose of others.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HV71

Quote from: bog on June 10, 2022, 03:05:06 PM
I just read that Alphonse Areola has not yet signed for Wham and Newcastle are sniffing about. If this is true come on Fulham get in there! 

092.gif

Totally agree in fact "Bog off the Tyne " comes to mind ( there's a song in there somewhere )

I Ronic

Love to see him back but aren't his wages astronomical?

H4usuallysitting

I'd be surprised if he went up to Newcastle - he's very settled locally to Craven Cottage

bog

Quote from: HV71 on June 10, 2022, 07:31:33 PM
Quote from: bog on June 10, 2022, 03:05:06 PM

092.gif

Totally agree in fact "Bog off the Tyne " comes to mind ( there's a song in there somewhere )

I have often been told to bog off....

Craven Mad

He'll want to stay in London, so I'd fancy us over Newcastle tbh.

Would love him back but don't see it happening

EricB

West Ham's option must be due to run out soon surely.  Wishful thinking

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 10, 2022, 09:22:49 PM
He'll want to stay in London, so I'd fancy us over Newcastle tbh.

Would love him back but don't see it happening

On the other hand Newcastle are aiming to break the top 6 and have plenty of cash to meet his high wages, don't see us winning that one.

bog

Looks like were are about to sign that Albanian keeper on a free....  :016:

092.gif

legana

Would very much love Alphonse back - as White Noise on Twitter pointed out, the rumoured salary for Strakosha wouldn't suggest he is coming as a No. 1 choice. All speculation of course, but if Rodak wants to leave if he has to sit on the bench every week and Gazzaniga not ahead of him in Silva's pecking order, then perhaps we would bring in more than one keeper. It would make sense to convince a higher calibre second choice keeper to sign first if he isn't aware there is a potentially better option to follow (as with Fabri & Sergio Rico in 2018).

Newcastle also linked with Areola sadly - wherever he chooses, he deserves to be playing each week. I am guessing whoever signs Pope will begin the Domino Effect of keeper signings with Henderson also part of the chain. Sergio Rico also currently only 3rd choice at PSG.

MartyFFC

125K a week apparently, which seems a tad excessive for a keeper (I think Mitro is our top-earner on 100K a week)

bog

I now read that 'we' are in for Loris at Arsenal.  :022:

bencher

Quote from: bog on June 12, 2022, 11:56:50 AM

I think you mean Leno. To be honest if we can get Leno I'd would not be overly upset about missing out on Areola.

legana

Still would prefer Areola to establish himself as a Fulham keeper - I don't know why but I like it when players are identified with the club rather than having had a string of clubs without being defined by any particular team. For example, that people will always think of Hangeland as 'former Fulham defender Brede Hangeland' rather than 'ex-Fulham AND Palace defender'.

bog

Quote from: bencher on June 12, 2022, 12:18:22 PM
Quote from: bog on June 12, 2022, 11:56:50 AM

I think you mean Leno. To be honest if we can get Leno I'd would not be overly upset about missing out on Areola.

I stand corrected  :022:

bahay18

The one thing that concerns me about Areola is that we hear how highly rated and huge number of clubs wanting him . Yet , this highly rated , highly desired keeper in his prime decided his best option was to sit on West Ham's bench for a year . If his wages are 100k , I would stay well away

bencher

Quote from: bahay18 on June 12, 2022, 01:14:28 PM
The one thing that concerns me about Areola is that we hear how highly rated and huge number of clubs wanting him . Yet , this highly rated , highly desired keeper in his prime decided his best option was to sit on West Ham's bench for a year . If his wages are 100k , I would stay well away

He probably thought, like us, that he would have enough quality to dislodge Fabianski from the no.1 shirt, but it didn't go that way