Etuhu
Murphy
Dempsey
Kamara
Gera
Riise
EJ

White Noise

Who shone the brightest in the Thamesbank gloom?

FatFreddysCat

Bloody hell that's a hard one, but i think Hangers has to take it.

sipwell

Stockdale, two crucial saves in the first half.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

os5889

1 goal, 2 assists, Davies for me

Closely followed By John "Cruyff" Paintil, Dempsey and Hangeland.

All in all best team performance for a while

mccscratch

Quote from: os5889 on January 04, 2011, 10:05:01 PM

I was absolutely stunned when Pantsil pulled the Cruyff turn on the corner of our own box... he beat the 2 WBA players in one turn and while it was fun to watch... I would not encourage any more of that unless we are 3-0 up again... hahah
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Aldo

Fantastic team performance all round with no weak links! (Although Riise looked, let us say, a little rusty!)

Very happy for Stockdale, a well earned clean sheet, but have to give it to Davies

Tonywa

Quote from: os5889 on January 04, 2011, 10:05:01 PM

I lost count of the number of times Pantsil gave the ball away cheaply when clearing it out of defence.  He really needs to take more care over his distribution.

HatterDon

Good to see that Etuhu got the respect he deserved for today's performance. I picked Davies though. You disposses a FB, run like a mad harrier into the other end and win a corner, you've won me. Turn that corner into a goal, and you own me.

Well done, The Great Welsh God! :Sparkyticus:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

Happy to say this is atough one to call, all of the players were outstanding special mentions to Stockdale and Etuhu but I gave it to a rejuvinated Simon Davies.  :Sparkyticus:

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

MJG

Etuhu...I have been really hard on him all season(deserved I believe), but Last Night he showed what he is capable of, using all the assets we know he has. What he has to do is take it on now into everygame.
Davies was a close second, great goal and two good corners , but he frustrates the hell out of me and especally in the first half hour.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2011, 06:55:52 AM
Etuhu...I have been really hard on him all season(deserved I believe), but Last Night he showed what he is capable of, using all the assets we know he has. What he has to do is take it on now into everygame.
Davies was a close second, great goal and two good corners , but he frustrates the hell out of me and especally in the first half hour.
I was gonna say exactly the same about Etuhu in that I've not been his biggest fan. But last night he came very close to MOM. I have to give this honour, though, to Stockers as without his crucial saves in the first half we may well have struggled!.

Tom

I will go with the newbie. Stockdale was solid between the pipes. Clean sheet!
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 05, 2011, 08:18:33 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2011, 06:55:52 AM
I was gonna say exactly the same about Etuhu in that I've not been his biggest fan. But last night he came very close to MOM. I have to give this honour, though, to Stockers as without his crucial saves in the first half we may well have struggled!.
When people look back on the game I hope they remember that WBA had two good shots on target even though we were all over them. I thought Stockdale did really well throught the game and I'm not worried by him being in goal.

BalDrick

'I thought Stockdale did really well throught the game and I'm not worried by him being in goal.'

I'd agree with that but to make him man of the match smacks of a sympathy vote, and also implies we were under the cosh a lot. We weren't, by any stretch.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town