watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

All summer transfer rumours in here please, bearing in mind, that this is the 'Silly Season Transfer Thread', so all information and sources are welcome.

Last thread was deleted, due to it becoming uncontrollably off topic, with petty arguments breaking out over certain players.

Moving forward, all off topic replies will be removed, unless they are transfer related.

JackHamlet90

Palhinha & Soloman would be a great start to the window.
Prem experienced players like Bernd Leno & Issa Diop would be smart moves in key positions

The Cravenette

Has to be Solomon and Paulinha announced together. If either of these don't happen now it will be a big disappointment.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on June 21, 2022, 05:47:54 AM
Prem experienced players like Bernd Leno & Issa Diop would be smart moves in key positions

Diop is a good shout as they've just signed a new centre back, though I'm not sure how good he is at playing out the back. I'd also be looking at Malang Sarr from Chelsea - naturally left footed, with a bit of pace and likes to get stuck in. We almost signed him before they did.

bill taylors apprentice

We may have had longer to recruit due to automatic promotion but...............

I don't see many other clubs showing off their new signings yet (I believe international signings can't be done until the 1st of July) so frustrating as it is we are no better or worse than the majority.

It will be a while yet.

Deeping_white

Apologies as old thread got removed I don't know if this was posted in here:

?s=21&t=SQDgxLGKguVuQ-aITxRuXQ

Would be a #8 next to Palhinha if he did come in

WestSussexWhite

Journalist Darren Witcopp saying Marko Grujic likely to join Fulham this week for €16m euros, Ex Liverpool central midfielder. I know that we did put a new bid in for him on Friday, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility, however; I haven't spoken to my pal this morning so don't know how advanced it is, if it is advanced at all

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 21, 2022, 09:03:37 AM
We may have had longer to recruit due to automatic promotion but...............

I don't see many other clubs showing off their new signings yet (I believe international signings can't be done until the 1st of July) so frustrating as it is we are no better or worse than the majority.

It will be a while yet.

The international window has had a big impact on it too, it's almost like a major tournament summer, without the major tournament due to those pointless nations league games

bencher

Grujic seems fairly similar in profile to Palhinho - would they be a double pivot midfield? We would not have much goal threat from the middle of the park, which I think is vital.

river phoenix

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 21, 2022, 09:02:28 AM
Quote from: JackHamlet90 on June 21, 2022, 05:47:54 AM

Diop is a good shout as they've just signed a new centre back, though I'm not sure how good he is at playing out the back. I'd also be looking at Malang Sarr from Chelsea - naturally left footed, with a bit of pace and likes to get stuck in. We almost signed him before they did.

Malang Sarr is a good shout, just as Marcos Senesi and Maximilian Wöber (Feyenoord and RB Salzburg, both left-footed).

Fulham Tup North

So, this thread is now up to ONE page and still no signings !!
Come on Fulham.... announce Gareth Bale at least...
COYW ⚽️⚽️🤗
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

hovewhite

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on June 21, 2022, 10:05:44 AM
So, this thread is now up to ONE page and still no signings !!
Come on Fulham.... announce Gareth Bale at least...
COYW ⚽️⚽️🤗
lol

Sting of the North

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 21, 2022, 10:37:44 AM
Quote from: ChickenNugget on June 21, 2022, 10:26:00 AM
Tosin wanted by Newcastle amid contract dispute

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-turn-transfer-attention-tosin-27287461
Well this window's going well so far

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

If we are taking this at face value, I guess we can also assume that we will sign all the players we are linked with...

But seriously, the 'article' is thin as a leaf and not even worth the virtual paper it is written on. For one, FFC holds an option for an additional year and as such his contract is of course not up next summer (because there is no realistic scenario in which we don't take up the option unless we instead agree a new long term contract). Secondly, there is no mention at all as to what this 'contract dispute' would be.

We will not sell Tosin, and we have at least a full year to try to get him to sign a new contract before we will feel any pressure to sell.

ChickenNugget

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 21, 2022, 10:47:01 AM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-turn-transfer-attention-tosin-27287461

If we are taking this at face value, I guess we can also assume that we will sign all the players we are linked with...

But seriously, the 'article' is thin as a leaf and not even worth the virtual paper it is written on. For one, FFC holds an option for an additional year and as such his contract is of course not up next summer (because there is no realistic scenario in which we don't take up the option unless we instead agree a new long term contract). Secondly, there is no mention at all as to what this 'contract dispute' would be.

We will not sell Tosin, and we have at least a full year to try to get him to sign a new contract before we will feel any pressure to sell.

I agree, Tosin is KEY to maintaining our premiership status. The article is from the 'Mirror', and seems like old regurgitated waffle, 2+2= 5

JimOG

Quote from: bencher on June 21, 2022, 09:18:39 AM
Grujic seems fairly similar in profile to Palhinho - would they be a double pivot midfield? We would not have much goal threat from the middle of the park, which I think is vital.

Totally agree but at least we're bringing a realistic 'physicality' to our midfield. 

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ChickenNugget on June 21, 2022, 10:49:53 AM

I agree, Tosin is KEY to maintaining our premiership status. The article is from the 'Mirror', and seems like old regurgitated waffle, 2+2= 5

Whilst I agree it's regurgitated waffle and I predict Newcastle will be aiming for higher profile signings, it is a concern Tosin only has a year left. Really should have tied him down to another contract when we extended Mitro's contract.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 21, 2022, 10:58:27 AM
Quote from: ChickenNugget on June 21, 2022, 10:49:53 AM

Whilst I agree it's regurgitated waffle and I predict Newcastle will be aiming for higher profile signings, it is a concern Tosin only has a year left. Really should have tied him down to another contract when we extended Mitro's contract.

As stated within one of the posts you are quoting, Tosin effectively has two years left on his contract.