watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

What players are supposedly saying 'needs to be taken with a pinch of salt', unless it's directly from them.

Reason being, the comments has an angle to them, the agent, the selling club, the buying club etc.

rebel

We really are thin on quality we need, if we want to do things in the Prem.

We need to sign 4 / 5 in the next week or so, for a proper pre-season.

We know what happens when you leave it too late.

JimOG

Quote from: rebel on July 02, 2022, 05:53:55 AM
What players are supposedly saying 'needs to be taken with a pinch of salt', unless it's directly from them.

Reason being, the comments has an angle to them, the agent, the selling club, the buying club etc.

Yep...like we say we're not in the know but best guess is this is a game between agent, AC & Lazio

shepperton white

Oh no  - looks like we're after another defender with treatment room regular.  We may just  well stick with Tim or Kongolo

Stoneleigh Loyalist

If we get Romagnoli we won't need Baily so that will give you one less thing to moan about!

S.F.Sorrow

The last thing we need is yet another injury prone CB. Surely our recruitment team can't be THAT stupid? I mean, it's a gamble that MIGHT pay off but it's not worth the risk IMO. Not even close.

Caedal

Fulham target Bailly 'wants to fight for Utd place'
A source close to Eric Bailly has told Sky Sports News the player isn't interested in going anywhere at the moment and prefers to stay at Manchester United and fight  for his place.
Last night, Sky Sports News reported that Fulham want to sign the defender and have approached United about the defender's availability.
Fulham wanted a season-long loan with the option to buy, and United would have preferred a sale - or at least a loan with an obligation - though that appears to be off the table for the time being.

roberto w6

Quote from: Caedal on July 02, 2022, 11:09:04 AM
A source close to Eric Bailly has told Sky Sports News the player isn't interested in going anywhere at the moment and prefers to stay at Manchester United and fight  for his place.
Last night, Sky Sports News reported that Fulham want to sign the defender and have approached United about the defender's availability.
Fulham wanted a season-long loan with the option to buy, and United would have preferred a sale - or at least a loan with an obligation - though that appears to be off the table for the time being.

I've seen him play a good number of times and my friends are Man U season ticket holders. Neither Beckenbauer nor Baresi need to worry about their reputations being threatened. In addition to the injury problems, he is prone to making costly mistakes. He's not as good as Andersen was. He might be a good punt for cover and someone to keep Tosin and Ream fighting for a place but he's not the leader we need at the back in an ideal world

ffc73

Quote from: IloveFFC on July 01, 2022, 10:33:35 PM

https://www.lazionews24.com/romagnoli-lazio-il-fulham-offre-un-quadriennale-a-4-milioni-la-situazione/

As I've said before, would love this to happen but feel his statement is another call to Lazio along the lines of "give me an offer & I'll come to you, my first love" otherwise he'd be at Motspur now or at least on Monday.

Fulham 442

Quote from: roberto w6 on July 02, 2022, 11:14:42 AM
Quote from: Caedal on July 02, 2022, 11:09:04 AM

I've seen him play a good number of times and my friends are Man U season ticket holders. Neither Beckenbauer nor Baresi need to worry about their reputations being threatened. In addition to the injury problems, he is prone to making costly mistakes. He's not as good as Andersen was. He might be a good punt for cover and someone to keep Tosin and Ream fighting for a place but he's not the leader we need at the back in an ideal world
Can't say I'm too upset if this deal doesn't come off.  I don't think he is all that tbh and definitely not what we need...

Caedal

You can't possibly think that Ream is even remotely close in quality to Bailly....

spikey norman

roberto w6

Quote from: Caedal on July 02, 2022, 11:24:10 AM
You can't possibly think that Ream is even remotely close in quality to Bailly....

You've obviously watched another Bailly to me. Speak to any ManU fan - the only name that gets a bigger laugh is Jones

Nero

Quote from: LC on July 02, 2022, 05:36:06 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 01, 2022, 10:46:26 PM
Quote from: IloveFFC on July 01, 2022, 10:33:35 PM

https://www.lazionews24.com/romagnoli-lazio-il-fulham-offre-un-quadriennale-a-4-milioni-la-situazione/
Also if he's worried about Fulham going down again ,then he puts a relagation clause in that he is transferred.

Looks like he's our first choice centre back target.. with Bailey second? Maybe we will sign 2 centre backs this window

Or get link to Bailey to say to him hurry up or we're moving on and your be left unemployed or playing for a lesser wage somewhere else

b+w geezer

Further to previous on here, Sky Italy say we are offering Romagnoli "4 anni a 4 milioni netti" i.e. Euros net of tax. So in the region of £70k p.w. after tax or £120 p.w. cost to us. So when different sources reported both those approx wages they were indeed just citing net in one case and gross in the other.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Caedal on July 02, 2022, 11:24:10 AM

No but if Bailly is injured half the season we're back to Ream which basically means we will either take a huge gamble or need to sign Bailly plus a backup for Bailly. I'd rather spend that money on ONE top quality CB that seems likely to be available for the entire season.

spikey norman

Henderson joins Forest

The Old Count

Blawarmy

Quote from: The Old Count on July 02, 2022, 12:11:08 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on July 02, 2022, 12:01:32 PM
Henderson joins Forest
Two decent signings by Forest so far
Playoff winners getting deals done before us. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk