https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 01, 2022, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: Bracken White on July 01, 2022, 06:07:09 PM
Sometimes I have to chortle reading these pages. "We need 7 -8 new players" "We need to sign 10 - 15 players"
Honestly - where have you been for the past few years? We need to strengthen strategically not start the Prem with a new team.
I'd have more readily agreed prior to seeing recent research (from a TIFF poster) into the last 24 clubs to be promoted. Over those 8 seasons, the average number of signings that summer was 15.75. Only Newcastle survived with under 12 arrivals.

That's really interesting, and I'm surprised to see Brentford and Leeds brought so many in. I think the figures are skewed a bit though - a good number of those are younger players rather than first-team signings, like the lad we're buying from Juve

FFC NY

Quote from: Porthogs FC on July 01, 2022, 08:31:50 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 01, 2022, 08:29:39 PM
Yeah, BDR is totally up to the Premier League, he proved that last time.

He's good for 4/5 positions, very useful especially with bench sizes increasing this year

Doesn't that effectively make him less valuable as you have more room for players in their natural positions?

DevonFFC

BREAKING: Zenit St. Petersburg have offered €14M to Fenerbahce for Hungarian left-footed centre back Attila Szalai (24).

Nottingham Forest, Sevilla, Fulham and Torino also wanted him. #NFFC #FFC

DevonFFC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 01, 2022, 08:49:14 PM
Leeds were a shambles before the end of last season and now they have lost their two absolute standout players.

We will be all right.

They also have a lot to money to spend too, wouldn't get ahead of yourself

simplyfulham

Quote from: Matt10 on July 01, 2022, 07:23:09 PM
Bailly would be a great signing. Injury prone, who cares, that may mean he has something more to prove. A brilliant defender, and to be paired with Tosin would absolutely solidify that backline. Hope this one happens!

Genuinely always thought he was a bit rubbish.

Nowhere near good enough for United. Could he be good enough for us? Massive massive maybe..

I'd love for us to be looking a bit higher than this if I'm honest.

LC

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 01, 2022, 09:36:23 PM
Bailly would be a great signing. Injury prone, who cares, that may mean he has something more to prove. A brilliant defender, and to be paired with Tosin would absolutely solidify that backline. Hope this one happens!

Nowhere near good enough for United. Could he be good enough for us? Massive massive maybe..

We can't do better than someone of Baileys quality.. the question is whether he is fit or not. If he can only play 50% of games this season then we'll either need to sign an additional centre back or look elsewhere

simplyfulham

Quote from: LC on July 01, 2022, 09:40:36 PM

We can't do better than someone of Baileys quality.. the question is whether he is fit or not. If he can only play 50% of games this season then we'll either need to sign an additional centre back or look elsewhere

If Bailey came, he'd only be the second best centre half at the club behind Tosin - for my money.

FFC1987

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 01, 2022, 09:48:44 PM

If Bailey came, he'd only be the second best centre half at the club behind Tosin - for my money.

Love Tosin, but I don't think that's true. We can;t be turning our nose up at players with quality like Bailey.

simplyfulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 01, 2022, 10:04:22 PM

Love Tosin, but I don't think that's true. We can;t be turning our nose up at players with quality like Bailey.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree.

Bailly gets a lot of love for being very quick and strong. I don't think he's that great in the tackle and his decision making is nowhere near top level for me.

Happy to be on my own on this own.

IloveFFC

Massive Wages

hovewhite

Quote from: IloveFFC on July 01, 2022, 10:33:35 PM

https://www.lazionews24.com/romagnoli-lazio-il-fulham-offre-un-quadriennale-a-4-milioni-la-situazione/
Also if he's worried about Fulham going down again ,then he puts a relagation clause in that he is transferred.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: dfwilson84 on July 01, 2022, 06:46:46 PM
1542924355646246912[/tweet]?s=21&t=2bKS42jzmfZ4exIeZ-aU-A]?s=21&t=2bKS42jzmfZ4exIeZ-aU-A[/url]

Brilliant player...but incredibly brash and brittle.   Love to have him though (even though I said we shouldn't go after Phil Jones because he too is brittle)

Whitestone

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 01, 2022, 10:04:22 PM

Can't see anything wrong with that when the option is Ream, which is a nightmare none of us should have to put up with for a third shot at survival in the Premier League.

AnOldBrownie

Ok...I'm going to strongly disagree with your assessment of Bailly's talent.   He takes unnecessary challenges, gets injured too often...but his quality against good premiere attacking sides shouldn't be questioned.   He's better than Tosin.

I'd argue though...that playing Tosin and Bailly together would be a mistake because I don't think either is positionally aware enough to play without a solid #1 CB beside them.   Bailly relies on his athleticism way more than Tosin, because he has it.   Their positional sense is about the same...and Bailly has played well against much stronger competition.

I've only watched about 15 of Bailly's games over the recent years...but most of the time he's impressed.

hovewhite

Think he would be a great addition and he's a lot more of an expirienced premiership defender.Marco sign him up.

WindyCity

Quote from: Bracken White on July 01, 2022, 06:07:09 PM
Sometimes I have to chortle reading these pages. "We need 7 -8 new players" "We need to sign 10 - 15 players"
Honestly - where have you been for the past few years? We need to strengthen strategically not start the Prem with a new team.

I had posted quite some number of weeks ago that FFC needs 3 PL quality players that fit right into the starting XI at first season whistle.  I believe this is what FFC needs 'at minimum' and still what I would be happy with.  A CB, a mid, and a forward would be my preference.  Yeah, we all know FFC needs more than just 3 new faces.  Still need to acquire more (squad) players obviously.  But if we can acquire 3 hi-profile pieces, that may be enough to keep FFC competitive along with returning players and other squad players brought in.  So far, we still wait for some signings, but we seem to be chasing some very good players.  Fingers crossed.

simplyfulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 01, 2022, 11:00:51 PM

Ok...I'm going to strongly disagree with your assessment of Bailly's talent.   He takes unnecessary challenges, gets injured too often...but his quality against good premiere attacking sides shouldn't be questioned.   He's better than Tosin.

I'd argue though...that playing Tosin and Bailly together would be a mistake because I don't think either is positionally aware enough to play without a solid #1 CB beside them.   Bailly relies on his athleticism way more than Tosin, because he has it.   Their positional sense is about the same...and Bailly has played well against much stronger competition.

I've only watched about 15 of Bailly's games over the recent years...but most of the time he's impressed.

I'd have to wonder what you consider to be 'good premier league sides'.

As far as I can tell, in the last two seasons, with the exception of playing the entirety of a 1-1 draw with Chelsea.. he'a played a half against city where he scored an own goal and got hooked, played in a 4-2 loss to Liverpool, a 6-1 loss to Spurs and a 4-2 to Leicester.

I guess we'll find out one way or another next season but I reckon come next summer, Tosin is likely to be in much higher demand then Bailly.

jayffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 01, 2022, 10:27:53 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 01, 2022, 10:22:17 PM
Fayed had Harrods, Tony K has this.

People need to give it a rest.

Surprised people still think our transfers will revolve around his time, it seems fairly clear now that as we're targeting Portuguese players and the Portuguese league that Silva is probably holding fairly large sway over proceedings, unless people think the stats machine now has a fetish for Portuguese players out of nowhere. Still it gives them somewhere to direct their anger though so there's that

We're only confirmed to be signing Palinha, the other closest deals other than an odd rumour here and there being for Solomon romagnoli perriera and pellegrini...perhaps the Al musrati link was strong altho suggested in here that was nonsense agent chatter

That said agree hes plenty time for hos other business, its always been stated there are 3 parties and Tony's stat machine takes care of one part of things without him needing to manually crunch stats himself ..

Silva I'm sure will be suggesting some people he knows and if they then have a good stat profile they'll bump up the list of potential targets

LC

Quote from: hovewhite on July 01, 2022, 10:46:26 PM
Quote from: IloveFFC on July 01, 2022, 10:33:35 PM

https://www.lazionews24.com/romagnoli-lazio-il-fulham-offre-un-quadriennale-a-4-milioni-la-situazione/
Also if he's worried about Fulham going down again ,then he puts a relagation clause in that he is transferred.

Looks like he's our first choice centre back target.. with Bailey second? Maybe we will sign 2 centre backs this window