watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2022/23

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 21, 2022, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Bailly would be a great signing. Injury prone, who cares, that may mean he has something more to prove. A brilliant defender, and to be paired with Tosin would absolutely solidify that backline. Hope this one happens!

Jules

Quote from: Matt10 on July 01, 2022, 07:23:09 PM
Bailly would be a great signing. Injury prone, who cares, that may mean he has something more to prove. A brilliant defender, and to be paired with Tosin would absolutely solidify that backline. Hope this one happens!
Agreed, Bailly would be a very good signing. Strong defender and would compliment Tosin I think.

Tabby

He hasn't made more than 13 league appearances in a season since the first season after joining United 5 seasons ago.

There is injury prone and then there is made of glass.

FFC1987

Quote from: Bracken White on July 01, 2022, 06:07:09 PM
Sometimes I have to chortle reading these pages. "We need 7 -8 new players" "We need to sign 10 - 15 players"
Honestly - where have you been for the past few years? We need to strengthen strategically not start the Prem with a new team.

Not sure what to chortle about. We've lost a few key players in Fabio and Anguissa, we've released a lot of players including Hector, Mawson, Odoi, Seri to name but a few, so that's what, 6 players we'd need to replace. The factor in a few big name signings to improve the overall level of the squad and ideally get a few more championship players off the books, namely Ivan Cav and Knockaert then there's your need to bring in 7 players. 10 isn't that farfetched unless we want to bolster squad with youth....I'll grant 15 is a huge stretch though so maybe that was what your chortle was at.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Tabby on July 01, 2022, 07:29:02 PM

He hasn't made more than 13 league appearances in a season since the first season after joining United 5 seasons ago.

There is injury prone and then there is made of glass.
Kongolo Mk II

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Caedal

So from what I can gather from reading the last few pages.

We should be looking at lower quality players than we are because we keep getting turned down
But also Champions League calibre players aren't good enough for us, a newly promoted team.

Makes sense

Herbie

Quote from: IloveFFC on July 01, 2022, 04:54:37 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 01, 2022, 04:49:51 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 01, 2022, 04:34:38 PM
Palhinha for me is the important transfer, more so than Solomon.

Palhinha is a sought after regular starter for club and Portugal. I expect him to be good for us.

Solomon could be a hit or a miss.
correct as a major influence in the spine of the team  and would be a great sign of intent to stay up the coming season..Solomon a flair player but with Wilson,kebano it's not as important.
Salomon or another quality winger is very important. Kebano and Bobby Reid are not good enough to start in the Premier League. Are only replacements, coming from the bench

Tad unfair on BDR, who was our top scorer last time out in the PL.  Coming from the other angle, I'd be disappointed if either BDR or Kebano left the club.

Tabby

Quote from: Caedal on July 01, 2022, 08:02:18 PM
So from what I can gather from reading the last few pages.

We should be looking at lower quality players than we are because we keep getting turned down
But also Champions League calibre players aren't good enough for us, a newly promoted team.

Makes sense

Not so much about quality as about fitness. Feel like it'd be another Mahamadou Diarra type signing. Was great when he was fit, but that was very rare.

Barrett487

Apparently we're enquiring about a loan from ManU for Eric Bailly.
Couldn't copy link.

Craven Mad

Bailly is a good player but we don't need another injury prone centre back... Haven't we learned from Masson and Kongolo

Caedal

This is his injury history since the start of the 19/20 season. There's the major knee surgery he had to recover from and the muscle injury where he missed significant gametime. The other injuries I wouldnt say are too dissimilar to other premier league centre backs

Season        Injury            Days         Games missed
21/22   Ankle Injury   13 days   4
20/21   Corona virus   20 days   5
20/21   Knock           8 days   2
20/21   Knock           10 days   2
20/21   Knock            8 days   2
20/21   Muscle Injury   44 days   9
19/20   Neck Injury   5 days   1
19/20   Knee Surgery   169 days   32

The club is obviously trying to be safe by offering the loan plus option anyway

Somerset Fulham

Yeah, BDR is totally up to the Premier League, he proved that last time.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 01, 2022, 08:29:39 PM

He's good for 4/5 positions, very useful especially with bench sizes increasing this year

Barrett487

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 01, 2022, 08:28:41 PM
Bailly is a good player but we don't need another injury prone centre back... Haven't we learned from Masson and Kongolo
But if fit, Bailly would potentially be the quality player we need.

Matt10

Quote from: Caedal on July 01, 2022, 08:29:13 PM
This is his injury history since the start of the 19/20 season. There's the major knee surgery he had to recover from and the muscle injury where he missed significant gametime. The other injuries I wouldnt say are too dissimilar to other premier league centre backs

Season        Injury            Days         Games missed
21/22   Ankle Injury   13 days   4
20/21   Corona virus   20 days   5
20/21   Knock           8 days   2
20/21   Knock           10 days   2
20/21   Knock            8 days   2
20/21   Muscle Injury   44 days   9
19/20   Neck Injury   5 days   1
19/20   Knee Surgery   169 days   32

The club is obviously trying to be safe by offering the loan plus option anyway

Right, noticed the same info, and it's the 90 minute matches that are important for me. That's PL experience CB that we always want - and always complain about that we don't have, or go after. Well, there we go.

b+w geezer

Sometimes I have to chortle reading these pages. "We need 7 -8 new players" "We need to sign 10 - 15 players"
Honestly - where have you been for the past few years? We need to strengthen strategically not start the Prem with a new team.
I'd have more readily agreed prior to seeing recent research (from a TIFF poster) into the last 24 clubs to be promoted. Over those 8 seasons, the average number of signings that summer was 15.75. Only Newcastle survived with under 12 arrivals.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 01, 2022, 08:44:39 PM
I'd have more readily agreed prior to seeing recent research (from a TIFF poster) into the last 24 clubs to be promoted. Over those 8 seasons, the average number of signings that summer was 15.75. Only Newcastle survived with under 12 arrivals.

I also read this, before quoting 10-15 new signings needed.

Somerset Fulham

Leeds were a shambles before the end of last season and now they have lost their two absolute standout players.

We will be all right.

WOTM

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 01, 2022, 08:29:39 PM

Agree. He was one of the better players last time around.