more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you had a guarantee of champions in championship 23/24 with 100+ points

Started by 70sPimlico, June 22, 2022, 09:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

would you take relegation this season?

Honestly, I don't think I would. I love the championship but I get the feeling this is going to be our season. I think the Khans will crack it.

Somerset Fulham

I think they are finally getting everything right too. Never, ever doubted their intentions but its taken time for things to begin falling into place.

As for next season. I want to stay up because it is the biggest league in the world and its lovely to be in it and occasionally bloody a nose of some top six toss pot club.  It would also be brilliant to get ourselves into a position where the likes of Palace, Brentford and West Ham are seen as slightly inferior to us again, it has happened in the not too distant past.

ALG01

No way
We need to stay up and move on.

I worry we have not brought in a single player yet.... if the squad is not largely in place by 1st july it will be a sign that lessons have definitely not been learned

Whitestone

I hope we never play in the Championship again. I think that answers the question  :003:

legana

Absolutely not - what would that achieve other than to be in exactly the same situation for the 24/25 season as we are now but with an even greater reputation as a yo-yo club (or a yo-yo-yo club)? Nope, we need to stay up this year - we've had our fun winning at Wembley in front of the White Wall and again against our local rivals. We've just had a fantastic season being crowned Champions of the Championship too, which was great, but that isn't our ceiling as a club.

We can't realistically challenge the 'Big' 6 teams each year (possibly the 'Big' 7 if Newcastle are to join the 'immune from relegation' sides). However, there is no reason we shouldn't be capable of competing with every other top flight team and it's about time we finally won some proper silverware and a domestic cup is far more achievable if we are an established Premier League, particularly in terms of enticing higher calibre players to join.

Andy S

I've enjoyed the Championship but I also want us to improve each year. We are finally in a position to do that so onwards and upwards from me

RaySmith

Quote from: 70sPimlico on June 22, 2022, 09:20:56 PM
would you take relegation this season?

Honestly, I don't think I would. I love the championship but I get the feeling this is going to be our season. I think the Khans will crack it.

I think fans would be very disappointed if we were relegated again - even if we had such a strong team - assuming we kept most of our best players, which isn't usually the case - that we'd be almost guaranteed to storm the Championship, which we've just done pretty well, anyway.

Plus, there are no guarantees in football - if we go down you don't know what will happen.

Let's hope we  can do enough to stay up, which I'm sure most Fulham fans, and the Khans, desperately want

Bassey the warrior

No, if we go down we will finally lose Mitro, plus Tosin and any talented players we sign. Tete and Wilson may go too.

S.F.Sorrow

As much as I love the Championship and detest everything the Premier League has become I want us to move upwards.

With the Championship you're always just one poor season away from League One and once you're down there anything can happen. Just 8 years ago (with the backing of Shahid Khan's money) we had to rely on McCormack to more or less single-handedly save us from relegation. Who knows where we would have been today if McCormack had been injured that season.

Jules

The only people that care about the championship are fans and staff of clubs IN the championship. Otherwise, nobody cares. We HAVE to stay up this coming season and establish ourselves again as a premier league club. Get the new signings right, tactics right and we as fans do our bit by turning up in numbers and making some noise for the whites and I hope we can do it.

hovewhite

Feeling positive on our return and think we will be staying up .

filham

We have enjoyed three very good seasons in the Championship but are now back in the top league which in spite of all of its faults is the place to be.

Just hope we manage to get to grips with teams this time, a mid table finish would do fine with a couple of wins against big six teams. Hope we get a team up and running by the start of the season and find an early route to goal. Those terrible mini goal droughts experienced during our last Premier league campaign were unbearable.

The Rock

Radiowhite

If anyone answers yes, I question whether you truly are a Fulham fan

Jules

Quote from: filham on June 23, 2022, 09:59:05 AM
We have enjoyed three very good seasons in the Championship but are now back in the top league which in spite of all of its faults is the place to be.

Just hope we manage to get to grips with teams this time, a mid table finish would do fine with a couple of wins against big six teams. Hope we get a team up and running by the start of the season and find an early route to goal. Those terrible mini goal droughts experienced during our last Premier league campaign were unbearable.
I'd be very happy indeed with 15th-17th next season! Mid table would be amazing but not sure it's realistic given where we are with our squad right now and the strength of the Prem teams.  Agree about the goal droughts under Parker. Many of those home games were particularly painful to watch.

Woolly Mammoth

I thoroughly enjoyed the Championship, but now we are back in the Premier League we must try and stay there and survive the season.
Then we can build on it and establish ourselves.

The first season back can be tough as we have found out on the last two occasions.
That it is why it is important that we get our recruitment right.

I am sure the club is doing its best, and of course it is one thing to identify players we need, it's another thing actually getting them to join on the right terms especially when rivals are also after the same players.

Nevertheless the key positions needed to be strengthened have to be reinforced before the first League Match, and of course in an ideal world as soon as we can.
Waiting can be frustrating but patience has to be a virtue.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: Radiowhite on June 23, 2022, 03:19:10 PM
If anyone answers yes, I question whether you truly are a Fulham fan
My answer is yes and I am a Fulham fan of 40 odd years. In fact if we got relegated to League 2 it wouldn't bother me. I want to see us win as man games as possible and being in the lower leagues offers more chance of winning games.

Watching Man City, Liverpool, Man U etc doesn't excite me, watching Carlisle, Bolton and Wycombe does.

Admittedly playing Chelsea is the only fixture I'll look forward to and I hope that it'll be the 2nd and 3rd victory over them I've seen in the last 40 years. 

Mitro, Harry Wilson and Tom Cairney are as exciting at Michael Cole,  Clive walker
& Terry Hurlock for me.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

WindyCity

Quote from: Whitestone on June 22, 2022, 10:25:18 PM
I hope we never play in the Championship again. I think that answers the question  :003:

THIS!!!!!