watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sonny Hilton

Started by Andy S, June 23, 2022, 12:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Has been loaned to Carlisle for a season. Is he likely to come back the finished article? Is that what we should be doing know loaning out our best youngsters like Chelsea and Liverpool do?

Finnans Right Peg

He needs game time at senior level and he isn't going to get that this season with us

HillingdonFFC

People go on about him as if he's 17 or 18. He's 22 in January, he's not a kid anymore . We hear how good he is but he's never been near the first team, people like Gale, Parker, Coney etc had 100+ games by that age.
Without being disrespectful to Carlisle,is that really the level you'd want to send your young players to develop?

kiwian

Which manager said "If you're good enough, you're old enough." ?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Cumbrian White

Carlisle is my nearest pro team so looking forward to seeing my first Carlisle match and seeing Sonny play. If no one else is happy with his move at least I am!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

hovewhite

Seems to have been around the club forever so best for him to get some 1st team football.

I Ronic

We've all seen what happens to our youngsters when they show a bit of promise.
I hope the Carlisle experience is good for him. If he takes another year or two to develop and comes back, joins the squad and plays. Then that has to be a better route for our academy players, than the ones Pat and Ryan have taken.
Good luck to him for the coming season and I hope we see him in a Fulham shirt again soon.

bog

While we are at it what is going to happen to Jay Stansfield? He is either good enough or not. If we feel not then he has to go and play regularly somewhere else. I really wanted him to be a success here.

092.gif   

Motspur Park

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 23, 2022, 06:06:42 AM
People go on about him as if he's 17 or 18. He's 22 in January, he's not a kid anymore . We hear how good he is but he's never been near the first team, people like Gale, Parker, Coney etc had 100+ games by that age.
Without being disrespectful to Carlisle,is that really the level you'd want to send your young players to develop?
I read that he had some injury setbacks which affected his development. He has just been awarded player of the season 16-23 year olds by the club so whilst progress may have been hampered he seems to be developing well. Had we still been in the Champ he may have got game time this season. The disappointment for me is he is not being tested at a higher level.