more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does Tom Cairney

Started by perry geyton, June 23, 2022, 04:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Make our starting 11 next season

All this talk of new signings etc etc but know one's mentioning Tom, it's like he's been largely forgotten.

For me he's a starter and essential to our squad, another player who's been written off at the highest level in a similar way to Mitro

blingo

Sorry Piri but he's not good enough for the premiership, half a yard short of pace and too one footed in my view.

ALG01

I think tom is a brilliant player and will show his true worth if he remains fully fit and played in a deeper lying role that suits him better and he seems to prefer.

I see no reason to think he will not be a main man for us.

Whitestone

Until we know the complete make up of the squad it's impossible to accurately answer this question. For what it's worth I think he still has a lot to offer next season but I have no idea if that would be as a regular starter.

bencher

He could be our Danny Murphy next season if used correctly and with a full pre-season in him.

Bocanegra

Completely depends on the fixtures for me. For me, he is still one of our best 'technical' players but it comes down to how we setup and who we are playing. Hopefully he remains fit to give us another option as his ability to hold the ball and play a pass is still key to our success.

St Eve

Yes with the current squad. Even the tea lady has a shot

hovewhite

Don't see why not as long as he stays fit ,the 2 previous PL seasons he's spent a lot of time out injured and not played so think he will feature a lot.

Cumbrian White

He'd be better off going to a Norwich or another team looking to win the Championship. Very good player for us but isn't, 8n my view, right for us in PL

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Cumbrian White on June 23, 2022, 05:16:45 PM
He'd be better off going to a Norwich or another team looking to win the Championship. Very good player for us but isn't, 8n my view, right for us in PL

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Agree, his one footed languid style would not suit the Premiership.

cookieg

On the bench at most. He was never the quickest and too one footed and now he is 2 years older that's when we were last in the prem. He has provided us with some great moments that will live forever but not a starter at this level now unless we don't recruit well and he is picked as there is no one else.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Bocanegra on June 23, 2022, 04:27:58 PM
Completely depends on the fixtures for me. For me, he is still one of our best 'technical' players but it comes down to how we setup and who we are playing. Hopefully he remains fit to give us another option as his ability to hold the ball and play a pass is still key to our success.

This.

Unless we sign about 4 CL quality players in his position, then he's in the conversation at least.

Can't see us bringing 4 champions league playmakers...

H4usuallysitting

Starter for me....deeper role, pinging the ball about

Sting of the North

Easily a starter if the formation suits him and we have a really good ball winner alongside him. Otherwise a very useful squad player.

Jules

Squad player with some starts and some bench appearances. He can still do well for us and make an impact with his ability to open up defences.We need more physicality and steel in the middle next season though.

Twig

Quote from: Jules on June 23, 2022, 06:38:21 PM
Squad player with some starts and some bench appearances. He can still do well for us and make an impact with his ability to open up defences.We need more physicality and steel in the middle next season though.

I'm a huge TC fan but I think this is probably about right. Of course it depends on signings but if we get our transfer busing hit then I think his role is unlikely to be a regular starter.

filham

At the moment our midfield three is Cairney and Reed, to keep Tom out we have to buy two top mid field players and even if that happens he will be the first midfielder off the bench.
As for him being one footed that just isn't the case, the fact is that his left peg is so sweet that he prefers to use it whenever possible. Take another look at our goal of the season and you will see what I mean.

Jules

Quote from: filham on June 23, 2022, 06:42:08 PM
At the moment our midfield three is Cairney and Reed, to keep Tom out we have to buy two top mid field players and even if that happens he will be the first midfielder off the bench.
As for him being one footed that just isn't the case, the fact is that his left peg is so sweet that he prefers to use it whenever possible. Take another look at our goal of the season and you will see what I mean.
Yeah I don't agree with the one footed thing being an issue. Of the top of my head, two of the best players to have ever played the game have been very one footed - Messi, Maradona.

FFCBadger

He should get minutes this season and Silva will get the best out of him.
Silva will also drop him if required

JackHamlet90

TC is class if fully fit he has a big part to play