News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Totally NFR! What is your favourite cuisine?

Started by Somerset Fulham, June 30, 2022, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Very good Lebanese restaurant in Southfields.

Lyle from Hangeland

Cajun and Creole. Louisiana food. Peruvian after that.

cottage expat

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 02, 2022, 06:52:12 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 02, 2022, 02:29:11 PM
There are some seriously great food choices here and I would eat just about every one of them and then up pops Woolly with burnt steak.  064.gif

T Bone, Fillet, Sirloin, Rump all well done, lovely jubbly. 🍺👍

I didn't know mammoths were carnivorous. Wouldn't foliage, bananas, and carrots be more to your taste?

jarv

easy question,  INDIAN.

However, after 30 years in Massachusetts, if you are ever in Gloucester (of perfect storm fame) is has to be the seafood. Many good places and great value.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 02, 2022, 08:06:54 PM

Peruvian?  I am intrigued.

I know they eat barbecued guinea pigs but I'm guessing that its not that.

HV71

Massive fan of Scandinavian cuisine . Picked herring ( especially the curried variety ) crayfish, salmon ( pickled cucumber and potato salad ) open sandwiches , dill and in winter Jannson's temptation- which goes well with lamb.
Also love Italian, Spanish and Middle Eastern food.
One of the best ( and easiest to cook ) dishes is Kapushka ( lamb mince chilli and cabbage.
)  Sounds boring but try Rick Stein's version as well as his version of goulash - best served with spätzle.

terryr

FFC1987

Quote from: terryr on July 03, 2022, 03:31:09 PM
NYC Deli/Jewish/katzs deli

Does that include Motzerball soup as Its on my bucket list now after watching the Jewish Deli in NY episode of Chef on NEtflix. Great show by the way.

terryr

If you ever get to NY go to Katz's deli and have a pastrami on rye.
The order process is half the fun- you go to the counter and the guy carves off the brisket in front of you. Slide him a buck and puts up a little sample a plate to eat while he' working. It's a time honoured ritual. People are lined up three deep all along the counter (which probably a bit dicey with covid)
What follows is a monstrous heart attack sandwhich with meat that melts in your mouth.

FFC1987

Quote from: terryr on July 03, 2022, 03:41:21 PM
The order process is half the fun- you go to the counter and the guy carves off the brisket in front of you. Slide him a buck and puts up a little sample a plate to eat while he' working. It's a time honoured ritual. People are lined up three deep all along the counter (which probably a bit dicey with covid)
What follows is a monstrous heart attack sandwhich with meat that melts in your mouth.

Sadly, I went to NY twice, stayed in Hoboken as my brother in Law was working in NY but lived there (he's back now) and we did a few of the deli hotspots in old town but missed this one. Did the rounds of Motz places in New Jersey too. Gutted I doubt I'll go back anytime soon.

Mince n Tatties

Bangers n Mash...Cottage or Shepherd's Pie,Chicken Stew and Dumplings,Good fish n Chips....And Mince n Tatties of course. :dft012:

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think it has to be a short version of "Who wants to be a millionaire"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cottage expat on July 02, 2022, 08:10:12 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 02, 2022, 06:52:12 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 02, 2022, 02:29:11 PM
There are some seriously great food choices here and I would eat just about every one of them and then up pops Woolly with burnt steak.  064.gif

T Bone, Fillet, Sirloin, Rump all well done, lovely jubbly. 🍺👍

I didn't know mammoths were carnivorous. Wouldn't foliage, bananas, and carrots be more to your taste?

Foliage especially is my favourite.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: terryr on July 03, 2022, 03:41:21 PM

Thanks terry, I'll add that to our list to visit.

Have to admit, the last couple of times we've been and stayed in NY we have gone down to Squire's Diner, just off Fulton Street. We found it a couple of trips ago when we stayed in the Financial district, and it's one of the places we tend to gravitate to for brekkies now.
If you're into Korean food, then none better than Baekjeong NYC, on 32nd.
Also, have you tried Tavern On the Green, up in Central park (near 66th)? Pricey, but the food is on the next level, and worth at least the experience.
Since they legalized pot in NY though, it spoils the usual evening walk throughs, having bags of the stuff shoved in your face and having to politely tell them 'No'.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

f321ffc

Quote from: Dr Know on July 02, 2022, 07:00:46 AM
Cornish pasty , or two , followed by a Cornish cream tea , jam first !
NO NO NO NO NO Cream first then the jam ,the Devon way .proper job.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

f321ffc

Quote from: Dodgin on July 01, 2022, 09:28:46 AM
Pie and Mash
Yes without a doubt, last time I had it in a pie and mash shop was when we were playing home game at laughtarse road .
But  living in Devon for 35 years I have become  adept at making proper pie and mash and just happen to be partaking in some tonight, love it.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

SP

All my favourites have been covered already so I'll add any meal that someone else has prepared.

Logicalman

Quote from: f321ffc on July 04, 2022, 02:29:52 PM
Quote from: Dodgin on July 01, 2022, 09:28:46 AM
Pie and Mash
Yes without a doubt, last time I had it in a pie and mash shop was when we were playing home game at laughtarse road .
But  living in Devon for 35 years I have become  adept at making proper pie and mash and just happen to be partaking in some tonight, love it.

Be interested in the pie recipe that you use for that one.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 03, 2022, 12:15:26 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 02, 2022, 08:06:54 PM

Peruvian?  I am intrigued.

I know they eat barbecued guinea pigs but I'm guessing that its not that.

I particularly love the sauces for their rice based dishes. Check out Anthony Bourdain on Peruvian food. Probably can be found on YouTube.

Somerset Fulham

Cheers!

I have been watching a lot of him on Prime recently as it goes, I'll see if its on there.