News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Totally NFR! What is your favourite cuisine?

Started by Somerset Fulham, June 30, 2022, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

What do you enjoy the most when you got to a restaurant or get a takeaway, lads and lasses?

Takeawaywise I think that mine is a straight toss up between a really good kebab and an Indian.  With a special mention to any kind of Thai curry with lemongrass in it.  If you've not tried that and you like a bit of spice, then its really weird but lovely sensation, that one.

For restaurants it is Indian (again!) or a good tapas bar, which don't really exist here. And of course the king of meals is a good steak, cooked rare.

Your turn!

mrmicawbers

In Rye and just have a lovely seafood dinner.Love Thai and Italian. Love good food on general.

love4ffc

I love Thai and Indian but really can't say that I have a favorite cuisine.  I will say that I order Mexican and Chinese food currently more then any other cuisine but that is just because it is close by and convenient. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WhiteJC

Fernhurst

I would have Sweet and Sour sauce on my cornflakes.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Sting of the North

Love food in general, and don't really have only one favourite. However, if I were to pick one then probably vietnamese street food.

Also really love a good napolitan pizza.

As a special mention, have been trying out variations of Okonomiyaki (japanese cabbage pancake) lately, and it is just wonderful.

FFC1987

I used to say traditional BBQ but now I think its Korean, particularly Korean BBQ for the social element. Love sitting round the table with bbq in middle catching up with friends and family drinking some Soju. 

mrmicawbers

Cumbrian White

Indian but proper Indian food in Delhi and Darjeeling

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2022, 09:22:28 AM
Love food in general, and don't really have only one favourite. However, if I were to pick one then probably vietnamese street food.

As a special mention, have been trying out variations of Okonomiyaki (japanese cabbage pancake) lately, and it is just wonderful.

Assuming you're a Londoner being a Fulham fan but where would you say does the best pizza in London? There's a lovely little Italian in Wimbledon called Al Forno I have a soft spot for that does lovely Quattro Formaggi wood oven pizzas. My in laws swear by Pizza Pilgrim.

bog

Anything simple to prepare. In sandwiches soft white bread and cheese with mayonnese. Yum yum.   :54: If I was a smoker I would be lighting one up after....mind you I never have done such a thing.

092.gif 

The Old Count

FFC1987

Quote from: The Old Count on July 01, 2022, 10:18:24 AM
Fish and chips at the seaside.

The Suffolk in me is definitely biased but Aldborough in Suffolk have in my opinion, the absolute best fish and chips by the sea.

Mersea Island in Essex for a more Oyster based fish and chips by the sea dinner.

Terry Towling

My favourite dinner is Roast Lamb, with roast pots, peas etc I like most other foods, love Kebabs, India and some Thai - not the creamy nonsence, chinese, Korean, some burgers - can't stand McDonalds any more and especially fine dinning French/British cuisine. Not a fan of shell fish but love smoked fish. Oh and Nandos!

Terry Towling

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 01, 2022, 10:20:12 AM

The Suffolk in me is definitely biased but Aldborough in Suffolk have in my opinion, the absolute best fish and chips by the sea.

Mersea Island in Essex for a more Oyster based fish and chips by the sea dinner.

The queues though for F&C in Aldborough have always stopped us trying it there.

FFC1987

Quote from: Terry Towling on July 01, 2022, 10:21:20 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 01, 2022, 10:20:12 AM

The queues though for F&C in Aldborough have always stopped us trying it there.

Yep, not sure if they still do, but the original owners who were amazing, bought out the chippy on opposite end of high street so at least there's two now. But yes, queues were always a bit off putting.

There used to be a pub in a place a bit further along coast before Southwold called Walsberswick that did great fish and chips too. Thatched roof pub.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 01, 2022, 10:06:30 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2022, 09:22:28 AM

Assuming you're a Londoner being a Fulham fan but where would you say does the best pizza in London? There's a lovely little Italian in Wimbledon called Al Forno I have a soft spot for that does lovely Quattro Formaggi wood oven pizzas. My in laws swear by Pizza Pilgrim.

I am living back in Sweden unfortunately (from a FFC fan perspective at least). In my London days, I didn't really have a favourite Pizza place. We had lot's of Indian and Thai food delivered. Also was a fan of the Crabtree if going for some more English food. But many great places in and around the Fulham area (I used to live almost next to Bishop's park, oh were those the days  049:gif). Some places that I remember enjoying was Local Hero or Tinto Coffee (for breakfast/Brunch), Manuka Kitchen (Brunch or Gin) and Duke on the Green. But as I said lots of great places around.

A special mention to Dr.Ink of Fulham (no longer in business) on Fulham Palace Road. They had an absolutely huge selection of beers and thus my main supplier since I lived a stone throw away. They also had a small but great selection of wine. The reason I bring them up however is that you could buy excellent home made curries and other great food. They also occasinally had food tasting where they complemented the great food (maybe 5-6 dishes) with their own selection of beers. Truly wonderful. I usually popped in for a few pre match beers if I had time before a game. New owners acqiured the place a few years ago, and changed the name. They have channged approach a bit to be more of a cafe, but they still have a good beer selection as well.

Sorry for the blog post, getting a bit nostalgic here.  082.gif

Somerset Fulham

Best chips I ever had were at Watsons Bay, Sydney.   And its been a while but as far as pizza goes there was a little place on Willesden High Road right on the junction of Church Road and Neasden Lane which was absolutely tremendous.

Great shout re Korean as well! Its fallen off of my radar because there aren't any outside of Bristol and I don't do Bristol, its a hole.

MartyFFC

Given my wife is half Indian and half Pakistani; has to be the food of the gods, Indian food. Specifically Punjabi food that is 🌶