watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Neco Williams

Started by shepperton white, July 11, 2022, 02:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shepperton white

Are going to regret not paying Liverpool's asking price (he went to NF for a reported £17M) - or like me, felt the price was just a bit too high?  I must say I believer our need for a solid CB is more important. Your thoughts??

bog

As Neco can play left and right I am a tad annoyed we have not bought him. Perhaps Marco saw something he was not happy with. As well this Omar Richards (I think that is his surname) Forest have signed from German football is another of our former yoof players. Emm.  :016:   

092.gif

mrmicawbers

Unproven in the Premier league so big risk at that sort of money.Less risk and better value elsewhere hopefully.

Whitestone

I reckon time will show that Liverpool have had a result here with another inflated transfer fee. Saw enough of him last season to know we could do better, and we will.

FFC1987

I just don't think he's strong enough defensively, and not explosive enough in final third to really be a smash in EPL. He's has lots of potential though so I don't think the price is too outlandish albeit, I'm glad we didn't fork out to be honest.

Wingnut

Liked what I saw at times last season but £17m is too much for him. Think Liverpool have done very well out of this one.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tabby

Quote from: bog on July 11, 2022, 03:07:38 PM
As Neco can play left and right I am a tad annoyed we have not bought him. Perhaps Marco saw something he was not happy with. As well this Omar Richards (I think that is his surname) Forest have signed from German football is another of our former yoof players. Emm.  :016:   

092.gif

Was a story that Silva wasn't convinced of his defensive capabilities a week or so ago. He looked good in a team that was dominating the league, a very different proposition in the Premier league.

Given my vivid memories of Williams being turned inside out by Lookman last season I'm inclined to agree. Playing with wingbacks means that Williams will have a lot less to do defending, might be a better fit there.

General

I naively want to one day see all our youth players return and play together for the club.

Djed Spence, moussa dembele Mark 2, omar Richards, Ryan sessegnon, Harvey Elliott, fabio carvalho there's a lot of talent out there in the premiership and other top leagues that did well after leaving the academy. Hoesen did well in Netherlands, de la torre seems to be doing well with celta vigo, even woodrow has worked hard and done well alongside Adebayo at Luton. All still young.

FFC In Oz

He probably suits Cooper's system at Forest better - he's much less likely to get caught out defensively with another centre half.

I feel that Mbabu is a better value signing.  He's been class every time I've seen Switzerland play and the odd occasion I've seen Wolfsburg.

perry geyton

Greedy Scouse scum should of given us him
17 million ? Liberty takers.......

Riversider

Tottenham Hotspur can sign virtually any player they want, they need a right back but have shown no interest in Neco Williams instead they've gone for Djed Spence, using that basic logic you would assume that Forest have been weakened on their right hand side.

welsh_white

I loved watching Neco in a Fulham shirt and the Swansea away game where he scored 2 goals for us was the highlight of last season for me. I have also watched him a lot for Wales where he is incredibly strong although in a back 5 rather than a back 4. I think £17m is a little over the odds for someone with little premier league experience but I think Forest will definitely make their money back on him eventually, he will easily be worth £30m+ in a couple of years. I am sad we haven't signed him as I just love to see him, especially with Harry Wilson and potentially with Joe Rodon coming in, but I wish him all the best at Forest and I hope him and Brennan Johnson enjoy playing together ahead of a hopefully enjoyable world cup campaign for Wales

blingo

Forest have overpaid by seven million

ALG01

he is a good youngish player and the price tag was way to high. OI wish him luck but think we did the right thing in letting him go. However, perhaps we should have linged the cav move and him as a swap but do not know how possible that might have been.

Donnie Lonegan

Liverpool take Elliot and Carvalho off of us for buttons, then try to get us to pay £17 million for Neco Williams?

I'm glad we didn't buy him, I think Kenny Tete is better anyway.

love4ffc

Quote from: Wingnut on July 11, 2022, 03:25:25 PM
Liked what I saw at times last season but £17m is too much for him. Think Liverpool have done very well out of this one.
0001.jpeg  Have to agree.  I read somewhere else that Neco played more minutes for us then his entire career at Liverpool.  So, Liverpool didn't think he was good enough for them but was worth 17M  :023:  Liverpool really pulled a fast one here and NF took the bait. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Andy S

At the minute he only has potential. He is not the finished article. So his price can go up or down. He needs to show more this next season to keep Forest up. I wish him good luck at that. It can be no fun sitting in the reserves while the first team gets all the glory at Liverpool and Ffp means that we were spending too much on potential for a promoted club

St Eve

I think he may be the one that got away

The Rock

Quote from: St Eve on July 11, 2022, 05:22:25 PM
I think he may be the one that got away

I felt like that with Matty Targett as he was more of a proven PL starter with more experience and sure thing he went to Villa and ends up in the PL and us back in the Championship. I don't feel that way here. Matty was by far the best option and we botched it. This time around there are many options. The circumstances don't seem quite the same nor is he such a crucial "must have" player.

I'd rather have a CB.

toshes mate

Time alone will tell its story but, as a Club, we have a habit of splashing out when it's unnecessary to do so and playing mean when we shouldn't because we know the player already. 

Versatility adds value to any player and we know (from the Denis Odoi era) that it creates more of a bargain than the one gig guy who costs more than double the money and was a flop at the task he was supposed to fulfill.   I hope this isn't yet another aberration of the kind that has been familar since summer 2016.