https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moving Up The Form Table

Started by White Noise, January 05, 2011, 08:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Fulham for life!

MJG

If you look at the games tonight and they ALL go the wrong way we could be back to 17th on GD.

Blingo

Highly unlikely though isn't it? You need a blingo hat MJG.

MJG

Well at the moment for every two steps we take forward we seem to at least lose one step and even someone runs past us. We still have a lot of work to do and when you look at the fixtures tonight there could be some bad results for us.

HatterDon

The point is, Mr. MJG, that we got 6 from our last 4. If we keep that pace up, it won't matter what the rest of the sides in the bottom half have. We'll be safely mid-table.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2011, 02:05:59 PM
The point is, Mr. MJG, that we got 6 from our last 4. If we keep that pace up, it won't matter what the rest of the sides in the bottom half have. We'll be safely mid-table.
I know thats the point but look at the fixtures left, the games played, and other results, I still think a team will need 40-42pts to be 17th. I still struggle to get us to 40 let alone say 45 for the end of the season. We got from these last 4 games is what we should have got looking at them before. The difference being we lost to WHU and beat Stoke.
We could be 17th tonight, I doubt it will happen but its possible and after the results this season who could perdict anything.Thats what i mean by two steps forward and one back.
The next run of fixtures is good but then you look at Villa,Chelsea & Man City in a row and then the last three games Liverpool,Birmingham & Arsenal. Its going to be touch and go till the end.

ImperialWhite

6pts from 4 games = 1.5 pts per game.
17 games * 1.5 pts per game = 25.5pts
25.5 + 22 = 47-48pts

Last season that would have gotten you ~11th - Lord knows what it will give you this season, but if it's anything like that then we would have pulled off one hell of a turn around (and I'd never have a pop at a manager again until he's had at least a season).

Still, we won't have games as easy as the last one - we need to push on from these good results, onwards and upwards and all that.

sipwell

Let's take this one game at a time, shall we? The only real thing we can fret about is that awful loss against the Cheats. We have unexpectedly won at Stoke and deservedly won against WBA yesterday. If we can knock out the direct competition in the games to come, we'll end up in the middle of the table. Brum seems to specialize in one-off lucky wins, but quite a few others are just playing from bad to worse. The last three Fulham games were exceptionally good: would this mean the motor has finally been turned on? I hope so!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

BalDrick

Bottom equal (with last night's visitors) in home form. Really need to get the whole fortress Craven Cottage thing back on track.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 05, 2011, 02:20:15 PM

25.5 + 22 = 47-48pts

Last season that would have gotten you ~11th - Lord knows what it will give you this season, but if it's anything like that then we would have pulled off one hell of a turn around (and I'd never have a pop at a manager again until he's had at least a season).

Still, we won't have games as easy as the last one - we need to push on from these good results, onwards and upwards and all that.

But to average 1.5pts per game over a season is something like 6/7th place form, do you really think we will average that over the rest of the season. Are we the 6 or 7th best team?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2011, 02:34:11 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 05, 2011, 02:20:15 PM

25.5 + 22 = 47-48pts

But to average 1.5pts per game over a season is something like 6/7th place form, do you really think we will average that over the rest of the season. Are we the 6 or 7th best team?

Definitely not (or we wouldn't have drawn to Everton, Birmingham, Sunderland...)! Just fantasizing really.

That said, an away win and kicking a team while they're down (something we've been awful at this season) is a good sign. We've still got 6 games against strugglers (both home and away), so if we can produce more good performances than this lot should be had for ~9 pts. Then it's a case of, as Baldrick says, reestablishing fortress Craven Cottage to beat a few midtablers at home, say Stoke and Liverpool, then a few away draws.