more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

W88 shirt sponsor?

Started by Jules, July 19, 2022, 08:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: Pluto on July 20, 2022, 09:11:15 PM
This is a bad look, especially after the Solomon fiasco and the ticket price hike
Solomon fiasco? Nothing to do with us surely that's on the Fifa ruling, if we hadn't taken advantage it would have been fool hardy and moaned at by fans, so we have and can't announce it till the 1st August.

Ticket prices, yep that's a bummer but so far only for one game (West Ham also published prices for their game against city and they were very very similar to ours, yet the media left that alone), the prices for Brentford and another home game seem quite reasonable.

As for a bad look not sure it is re sponsorship, always bound to be something with any sponsor, until gambling sponsorship banned then clubs will continue using it as they pay the most, cant blame the club for taking the money

ALG01

Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2022, 12:46:47 PM
This is a bad look, especially after the Solomon fiasco and the ticket price hike
Solomon fiasco? Nothing to do with us surely that's on the Fifa ruling, if we hadn't taken advantage it would have been fool hardy and moaned at by fans, so we have and can't announce it till the 1st August.

Ticket prices, yep that's a bummer but so far only for one game (West Ham also published prices for their game against city and they were very very similar to ours, yet the media left that alone), the prices for Brentford and another home game seem quite reasonable.

As for a bad look not sure it is re sponsorship, always bound to be something with any sponsor, until gambling sponsorship banned then clubs will continue using it as they pay the most, cant blame the club for taking the money

'until gambling sponsorship banned then clubs will continue using it as they pay the most, cant blame the club for taking the money'

Taking that logic to its obvious conclusion something can be very wrong and we all know it's very wrong, but as long as the law permits it, that, in your logic makes it Ok.
But it isn't, the law allowing something does not make it alright or ethical, it just means the law allows it.

As I am not allowed to make political comments so I can not illuminate further with obvious examples.

cmg

Before all this horrified reaction broke out, I wonder how many had the slightest clue what W88 did for a living.
Hands up all those who thought it was something to spray on rusty hinges?
How many, on seeing it on a Fulham shirt, will feel a compulsion to have a bet on the Sri Lankan S1 League - or even know how to do so?

junior white

Quote from: ALG01 on July 21, 2022, 12:58:31 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 21, 2022, 12:46:47 PM

'until gambling sponsorship banned then clubs will continue using it as they pay the most, cant blame the club for taking the money'

Taking that logic to its obvious conclusion something can be very wrong and we all know it's very wrong, but as long as the law permits it, that, in your logic makes it Ok.
But it isn't, the law allowing something does not make it alright or ethical, it just means the law allows it.

As I am not allowed to make political comments so I can not illuminate further with obvious examples.
We had this the other day and as I said then whilst I am not against gambling sponsorship it isnt my preference, but the club (and any clubs or that meter) will do what is financially right for then and thats just a business decision. We will hardly attract a sponsor for big money like Man Utd or any of the top 8 so we have to maximises, that is why i get it. And yes until it is banned clubs will always take it rightly or wrongly. Thanks fully it seems the prem clubs have agreed voluntarily not to enter into new deals with gambling firms from the start of next season

junior white

Quote from: cmg on July 21, 2022, 01:00:34 PM
Before all this horrified reaction broke out, I wonder how many had the slightest clue what W88 did for a living.
Hands up all those who thought it was something to spray on rusty hinges?
How many, on seeing it on a Fulham shirt, will feel a compulsion to have a bet on the Sri Lankan S1 League - or even know how to do so?
I knew they were a gambling set up, but only because of their previous other club sponsorships

hovewhite

Quote from: AJW48361 on July 19, 2022, 09:32:26 PM
I thought it was being outlawed Gambling Companies Shirt Sponsoring premier league clubs.
I thought that also