watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

W88 shirt sponsor?

Started by Jules, July 19, 2022, 08:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Another betting company? W88 could be our new sponsors ..

MickyAdamsFamily

Bleh. They'll pay a lot, but it's hardly an exclusive relationship.
They've previously sponsored Wolves, Palace and Villa

AJW48361

I thought it was being outlawed Gambling Companies Shirt Sponsoring premier league clubs.

junior white

Quote from: AJW48361 on July 19, 2022, 09:32:26 PM
I thought it was being outlawed Gambling Companies Shirt Sponsoring premier league clubs.
At the present time Clubs have very voluntarily agreed not to enter into a new deal with gambl8ng companies from next season I believe

Fulham Tup North

...I  much preferred World Mobile tbh....
Just seemed like a better class sponsor...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Sting of the North

Very disappointing if true, in my opinion.

General

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 19, 2022, 10:24:58 PM
...I  much preferred World Mobile tbh....
Just seemed like a better class sponsor...
COYW

I bought the shirt in the sale because we rarely have a good sponsor. Also coincided with a good season.

MickyAdamsFamily

I actually really liked last year's away shirt, and agree that World Mobile is a much classier sponsor than an Asian gambling site. I just hope that the big money sponsorship will translate into higher calibre players incoming

Black, White and Fred

There are worst looking logos out there and it will actually be strange that the logo will largely still be a big W like last season
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Riversider

As long as they are paying an absolute fortune who cares ?
If anybody does care did you stop going when we were in the Sky Bet league?

Buffalo76

Quote from: Riversider on July 20, 2022, 07:39:06 AM
As long as they are paying an absolute fortune who cares ?
If anybody does care did you stop going when we were in the Sky Bet league?

:plus one:

ALG01

In 2022 I think it time that we distanced ourselves from this life changing curse of gambling.

gambling is just, if not more,  addictive as any drug and I am sure there could have been a million and one other sponsors for our shirts. 

Andy S

I don't agree with gambling or shirt sponsorship which is free advertising from all the punters who purchase a shirt.They are all mug # as far as I am concerned. In a way similar to shops now charging for bags that have their adverts emblazoned all over them. They should be free in my opinion or they should give away the boxes they are delivered in

junior white

Quote from: ALG01 on July 20, 2022, 08:40:42 AM
In 2022 I think it time that we distanced ourselves from this life changing curse of gambling.

gambling is just, if not more,  addictive as any drug and I ma sure there could have been a million and one other sponsors for our shirts.
I do not see gambling in any different light to drinking, playing the lotto (and all its variations) and snack foods, and I am sure we all take part in (without being addicited) consuming or using one of those. If you play the lotto it is a little hypocritical to say ban gambling advertising, the lotto is gambling and advertises in very clever ways. If you drink then that as we all know can be addictive so we shouldn't have that on the shirts, snack foods look at the outcry about the crickets Hundred competition yet i reaction most people eat crisps, popcorn or peanuts.

Smoking is already banned so not including that.

If you go for banks say people will find something about them maybe Saudi backing in the banks, chemical companies such as ICI or Ineos people will complain about who the operate, Oil & Gas companies what are they doing to the world, where would you go for sponsorship. A lot of clubs rely on sponsorship to make ends meet, in our case it is I would guess a valuable source of income, what will we get say 6 or 6.5 million for the season. That barely covers the salary if a player but at least it helps, take that away and you end up either not competing or maybe not surviving. I get the issues but just saying how far do we go before we are happy with those sponsors on offer and the economics within without being hypocritical ourselves

Riversider

If we announced a billion pound sponsorship deal with an oil company I guarantee you now that within 5 minutes somebody on this forum would be moaning about links to the Saudis or Putin, some people will always find a reason to moan when it comes to shirt sponsorship,  and yet bizarrely they are the same group that moan that we are not spending money on centre backs !
Maybe there is a link between money in and money out 🤔

HamsterWheel

Is there anywhere I can place a bet on who the sponsor will be?

fulhamfever

All I ask is allow the option to buy the shirt without a sponsor

junior white

Quote from: fulhamfever on July 20, 2022, 09:36:29 AM
But then whats the point of a sponsor if he cant have the name on the shirt?

I do get what your saying 100% but from a sponsors side of things that's what they are giving the money for surely

Nero

Quote from: fulhamfever on July 20, 2022, 09:36:29 AM

You can just has to be childrens size

Deeping_white

The PL handbook has been updated to remove W88 as our sponsor FYI - it now says "to be advised"