watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v Spain

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 20, 2022, 09:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedal

I'm finding the football at the Euros much more enjoyable than most of the mens international and premier league games. I also think this England womens team in particular are very likeable.

Thought Millie Bright was brilliant yesterday.

As for the game, I thought Spain were tidy enough with the ball, but barely looked threatening. Once Greenwood came on at LB the Spanish threat completely extinguished. I'm not convinced White and Kirby should be playing over Russo and Toone, but the squad depth is excellent and there isn't a great deal between most of the players quality wise. England have a lot of match winners in the team, and after we equalised there was only one team which was going to go on and win.

keithh

Watched the match & thought Spain would win after their first went in. Substitutions were brilliant as I thought White was a spent force. Spain were adept at fouling then throwing themselves down. I believe refs were told to yellow card any dissenters?

LRCN

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 21, 2022, 12:52:13 PM
I can't remember the match but it was during the past week when a female commentator said that in a previous match a certain player had been 'Man of the Match'.
I bet that the politically correct brigade were furious!

Wtf

Somerset Fulham

I don't have anything to add other than it is so encouraging to see so many getting on board with women's football now.  Aside from the odd prehistoric remark, this thread is great.

People were right to judge the women's game a decade ago and laugh at how truly awful it was back then, but it has come on so far since those days and is a great spectacle to watch in its own right now, that England vs Spain game wasn't a great match to watch but bloody hell it was tense. 

Admittedly this is currently only at international level but I do think I might dip into a few WPL games next season just to see what they look like.

Hopefully given a bit more time, the male footballing community as whole will see the game for what it is and stop pointlessly comparing it to men's football and dragging up the same old tired insults about it all.

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on July 21, 2022, 03:54:19 PM
The name of the species is Man, oft ignored. "Woman" comes from Old English wyf-man but still the same species.
And to think batter will never be quite the same word again ...