https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v Spain

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 20, 2022, 09:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

1-1 Extra time..... currently on the telly

The Cravenette

England just gone 2-1 up. Exciting match.

Spain not going to give up without a fight.

Motspur Park

Probably the best match of women's football I have seen. Spain are good with the ball and pressed well and England are physically stronger. Very good game.

bobbo

Spain by far the better footballing side but our girls are winning through sheer power and work rate. 15 mins to go exiting game.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Hugh Gentry

BBC commentators desperate for Spain to get back into it

Fulham Tup North

England's 2nd goal was top draw.... just need to keep calm and see it out...
Go Ladies!!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bobbo

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 20, 2022, 10:25:24 PM
England's 2nd goal was top draw.... just need to keep calm and see it out...
Go Ladies!!!
👍⚽️👍⚽️👍.        Well done girls
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SP

Well done ladies & well done the manager switching the tactics.

Fulham Tup North

Good victory.... bring on the semi's...
Go England...⚽️👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

Terrific match and great entertainment. Never thought I'd see the day when the BBC news at 10 was delayed for women's football and a noisy crowd of nearly 40,000. Brilliant stuff.

Blawarmy

Sarina > Parker

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Steeeeeeeeeed

It was a pretty dull game till England's equaliser, but then became rather good.

Great winning goal, nice one, good luck ladies

Lighthouse

Thought the contrast in styles made it great entertainment. Funny that slowly but surely gamesmanship is creeping in. Spain falling over and complaining and England 'managing' the game by wasting time.

Really enjoyable.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Motspur Park

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 20, 2022, 11:15:18 PM
Thought the contrast in styles made it great entertainment. Funny that slowly but surely gamesmanship is creeping in. Spain falling over and complaining and England 'managing' the game by wasting time.

Really enjoyable.
Agreed. Gamesmanship is creeping in. Spanish were play acting and writhing in agony on many occasions and England were time wasting whenever possible. There is a lot to be had from watching lower level football because less of this goes on. That said I enjoyed the game and the contrast in styles. Can't help thinking that within a couple of years, Spain will be light years ahead of England, similar to the men's game.

ALG01

what a great and exciting game. spain should have been out of sight by 80 minutes as they were the superior team but subs and a margin of tactical change PLUS a never give in attitude, saw us win this very exciting game.

Woolly Mammoth

Well done England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 a great fighting performance and full of guts, and our second goal was sublime, A1, Top Draw, Brand New, Genuine quality, an absolute Peach and superbly executed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

An enjoyable match the first I've seen a packed stadium and the girls showed some balls.think the semis will be easier and we are the winners outright.thanks filham

Carborundum

Outstanding entertainment.  The two England goals were a wonderful riposte to Spain's skilful but rather toothless approach.  Simply, if you win personal battles, find space in the box and shoot hard the odds swing into your favour.  But the best lesson of all was that if something isn't working, try something different. 

Whitestone

Yep, agree with everyone else, really enjoyable game.

Holders

England just didn't seem to come alive until they went behind. Perhaps Spain switched off a bit but they must be kicking themselves for letting it slip. It was bold going for that winner. If she'd missed she'd have been criticised for not passing it.

WoM: I rather rated our goalkeeper who was assured and came for crosses, in contrast to many male keepers.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria