watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs 2-1 Fulham Sat 3Sep 15:00

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2022, 02:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

We are being well beaten, Silva has to make changes for the second half. We need a playmaker , Cairney has to start second half otherwise we will come away without a sniff at goal.

HV71

Quote from: Whitestone on September 03, 2022, 03:58:57 PM
I'm surprised at the amount of negative comments on here. Spurs are a decent side. Seriously, what did people realistically expect today. It's HT and 1-0. We are still in the game, despite the performance.

Well said

FulhamPHX

I mean, to be fair, this week and next were always going to be big asks.  I'd have liked to see us a bit more organized, but I don't expect much if anything from the next two.  Big match following these though away to Forest.

Lyle from Hangeland

RaySmith

In the end their goal was soft - Mbabau caught in possession when he hadn't been on long, but they'd had a lot of pressure and chances.

Need to get and keep possession in the 2nd half, pick up their runners, win the ball in midfield, make it a battle, hit them on the break.

This is a tough test, no doubt about it.

COYW!!!!

Wingnut

Quote from: davew on September 03, 2022, 03:54:45 PM
Only 1 down, could be worse!

Totally agree Davew. Tough first half but we're still in it. We'll create a chance or two at some stage in the second half. Still a chance that we can take something from this game.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: HV71 on September 03, 2022, 04:02:51 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on September 03, 2022, 03:58:57 PM
I'm surprised at the amount of negative comments on here. Spurs are a decent side. Seriously, what did people realistically expect today. It's HT and 1-0. We are still in the game, despite the performance.

Well said

Couldn't agree more.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Caedal on September 03, 2022, 03:57:55 PM
Incredibly lucky to only be 1 down, Spurs look dangerous going forward. Need to change formation or something to give us some semblance of control in midfield. As mentioned previously I would have brought Diop on for Robinson and shifted Ream to LB. Mbabu doesnt look at all comfortable defending.

Wide players offering nothing. Our midfield is getting completely bypassed. Reed just getting passed around

Ream at LB against their pace? Lol we'd get battered

rebel

We had the opportunity to 'cross' several times, what did we do? Just kept passing it around.

SP

Quote from: FulhamPHX on September 03, 2022, 04:04:02 PM
I mean, to be fair, this week and next were always going to be big asks.  I'd have liked to see us a bit more organized, but I don't expect much if anything from the next two.  Big match following these though away to Forest.

Really shows the importance of the Brighton win in the middle of this tricky run of fixtures.

ChesterTheTabby

We aren't Manchester City, we're doing our best against a top team, period. Not just our league, but in the world. We haven't been hammered 6-0 or 9-0 yet. Let's support the lads no matter what happens. Our goal is survival not to be in the Champions League places (yet)
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deeping_white

Sometimes I wonder how some of you see things - Spurs have world class players and a world class manager. There are going to be games like this one where we're under the cosh for 45 mins and don't create too much, we are a promoted team after all and every so often we will be undone by better teams, there's no shame in it. The fact is it's 1-0 and we're not out of the game by a long way

Skatzoffc

Need quicker ball forward, get behind them and get  crosses for Mitro. Playing to their strengths at the mo

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

rusty shackleford

I know hes way out of position but mbabu is bleak

Nero

Spurs are on top but are they creating any clear-cut chances, only when Kev scres up

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 03, 2022, 04:12:23 PM
I know hes way out of position but mbabu is bleak
Not a Prem level defender

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

Caedal

Obviously the games against the bigger teams are going to be difficult, it doesnt meant the team cant be criticised.

The problem we're having couldnt simply be due to tiredness from not changing the team this season. Our pressing definitely hasnt been as intense today.

Also could just be a problem with the system, I feel like we just need another body in CM as they're just slicing through us, and the 2 wide players arent in the game at all

..FOF..

Mbabu again.

Try switching him with Tete.

Bokonon

I definitely think fatigue is part of the issue. I hope it hasn't cost us Robinson for any length of time.