watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

rodak

Started by ALG01, August 03, 2022, 01:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

he has been part of two promotion teams. he wasn't numnber one last time and i cannot imagine we signed leno to be the number two. they will not be sharing the role 50:50, as a result do you think he will ask for a move or do you think he will sit it out and wait for his chance?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Rumour was that he would not be happy being our number two again . It largely depends on what discussions he has had with Silva but I would not be surprised to see a transfer request coming in.
Without him we would  have insufficient cover as our two remaining keepers are below standard.

Craven_Chris

He won't get a premier league start elsewhere, but he clearly is not deemed good enough at Fulham.

I think it is fair to say his career has gone as far as it can / will at Fulham, so would not blame him for seeking a move to be a Championship starter.

junior white

Quote from: ALG01 on August 03, 2022, 01:26:42 PM
he has been part of two promotion teams. he wasn't numnber one last time and i cannot imagine we signed leno to be the number two. they will not be sharing the role 50:50, as a result do you think he will ask for a move or do you think he will sit it out and wait for his chance?
According to rumours he made that clear to MS when the team returned to training, basically saying if your signing a keeper i wont stay. As I say if rumours are to be believed

sunburywhite

Apparently when he heard we had signed Leno, he went into the dressing room and sat down and put his head between his hads , and it slipped through
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Andy S

It's what pays the bills. There are only 92 x 2. The top clubs in the prem pay the best wages. So how far would he be willing to drop to get first team action?  Not far I think. If he stays here is always us chance of first team games due to injuries and at least he will be on the bench every week

blingo

Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 03, 2022, 10:16:17 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on August 03, 2022, 02:22:15 PM
Apparently when he heard we had signed Leno, he went into the dressing room and sat down and put his head between his hads , and it slipped through

Unjustified and not in any way funny.

It made me laugh

love4ffc

Can't blame Rodak if he wants a transfer.  After all he has been a good servant to the club and has helped to get us promoted twice. 

For what is it's worth an Arsenal mate of mine said this of Leno.

"He doesn't work well under pressure
German defense limits other teams on opportunities so easier for him
Corners and been crowded out makes him flap
Artea couldn't trust him."

Here's to hoping that Rodak stays and does his part and that Leno proves Artea wrong and becomes a great signing.   049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

colinwhite

roddak had his chance last year. he didn't convince the club that he was good enough.

junior white

Quote from: blingo on August 03, 2022, 11:19:01 PM

It made me laugh
Me too

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak deserves a move away. He's clearly a top Championship goalkeeper, with the potential to be a decent PL keeper too. But both promotion seasons we've brought in GKs of such a high level he can't compete with.

And last season he was not at his best at all, struggled with the possession system. Too many mistakes leading to goals.

alfie

Quote from: love4ffc on August 04, 2022, 05:12:03 AM
Can't blame Rodak if he wants a transfer.  After all he has been a good servant to the club and has helped to get us promoted twice. 

Here's to hoping that Rodak stays and does his part and that Leno proves Artea wrong and becomes a great signing.   049:gif
My son who is a fanatical Arsenal supporter says the opposite to that.
I guess we will find out which one is correct.🤔
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Leno hope he's a dominant keeper as we will need it.

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on August 04, 2022, 07:13:50 AM

A few of our 5 a side team are gooners, all said the opposite too. Love Leno and thought he's been a tad unlucky.

MartyFFC

Yeah can't blame him for wanting out; think I'd rather be playing week-in and week-out for a decent championship side, than playing a couple of Carabao Cup games and watching the PL games from the bench

davew

It made me laugh
Me too!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham1959

Quote from: davew on August 04, 2022, 06:42:47 PM

It made me laugh
Me too!!

Why, I wonder, has my original post been removed ?

love4ffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 04, 2022, 09:15:57 AM
Quote from: alfie on August 04, 2022, 07:13:50 AM

A few of our 5 a side team are gooners, all said the opposite too. Love Leno and thought he's been a tad unlucky.
I really hope that Leno proves my Arsenal mate wrong.  Any way, he has my full support.   :003:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

vancouver

He'd easily be a starter in a lot of top flight leagues which will help him get in more international games. I see a sale for a small fee and a large sell-on clause as a great solution for us, and him. Although we would need an experienced stopgap keeper until one of our promising young GK's is ready to deputize.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 04, 2022, 07:38:40 PM
Quote from: davew on August 04, 2022, 06:42:47 PM

It made me laugh
Me too!!

Why, I wonder, has my original post been removed ?

Because it was unjustified and not in any way funny.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me