News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Excellent - Fulham v Liverpool post match (merged)

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 06, 2022, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

It's all been said, and I concur completely.

I wanted us to be competitive this season and seeing that performance today gives me hope that we will be.

jarv

Loved the attitude. Fighting for every ball and got right in the Liverpool faces, superb pressure. Not always the Fulham way but long may it continue.

SuffolkWhite

Sat on the train back to Suffolk  and reflecting on a good performance. What was good today was the bite in midfield which took some pressure off the defence. Mitro was always going to prove the doubters wrong and will this season  with supply from midfield and wings. Good start, may it continue.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ffcthereligion

Absolutely fantastic today.

But let's not forget, Norwich beat city opening day a few years ago and went down. We need to take the same fighting spirit and battling for every ball into next week and beyond

Lighthouse

Let's put this into perspective. We played a team who beat up some other team in the Charity Shield last week. Liverpool manager has just said the only positive for him was his side got a point.

For many of us one of the  the best teams around are happy to scrap a point against us. They were second best for much of the game.

Now any chance that fans will now cheer up and look towards changing their minds about instant relegation. One game it might be but Liverpool will win the league this year or be runners up at worst. Fulham deserved a better result while Liverpool are relieved.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SuffolkWhite

Spoke to some Liverpool fans on the tubes and Gary said they played poorly of course, but they also said they were lucky to get a point!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SP

Was Barcelona target Trent AA even on the pitch?

hovewhite

Just so proud of Silva ,the team the performance.we had the press from the first kick in there faces in fact we stopped them doing it to us.silva has really got into our players heads and the confidence we will get from this to go on and get a good start.

Rodshig

Unpopular opinion. But i feel if we had a more solid cb pairing we may have scrap through that performance with a win.

Regardless 1 point against pool is a good result.

joef

Loved it. Fight fight fight across the park - we understandably ran out of a bit of steam and I think we could do with some more strength in depth (Liverpool's subs were pretty daunting) but full credit to Marco. That is our best Prem showing for a long time and it seemed to me that he had them well drilled and they understood the game plan. Great to see us press and counter attack with purpose. 🤗

The Rock

Ream and Tosin only had two errors (expected the 4-5) and the bad one we got away with. The second led to a goal, but it's Liverpool.

Palhinia "pick pocketed" opponents if that's an acceptable term about 4-5 times and regained possession in vital areas. What a huge difference and what a presence. He literally stopped many Liverpool attacks dead cold. That was something I don't think we've had since Dembele or Diop? Or ever.

Solomon is going to be the real deal. 10 mins and he seemed on the verge of blasting off to the moon.

And Mitro's still on fire.

filham

An great Fulham performance that kept us fans on our toes for 90 minutes.

Three pre match statements that were not repeated after the match.
Ream is too slow and will be cut to pieces in the Premier League.
Mitro is not going to make it in the Premier League

My own thoughts at the start of the match, with only Periera and Palhinho of the six new players elected and with Carvalho and Wilson missing from last season,was that this team is weaker that last season's.We must always have faith in Silva.

Fulham favourites for relegation.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

COME ON FULHAM!! 💪🏼 Palhina and Reed joint MOTM for me.

Bokonon

Palhinha is like a Jeff Bezos' SteffJo. Bossed it all day.

And well, what more can you say about Mitro?

Alas, the only fly in the ointment from today is that I have to keep wearing last season's away jersey with Robinson on it until we lose. Feels a bit weird wearing yellow.

bobbo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 06, 2022, 02:32:56 PM
Please no more pessimism in the prediction  thread every time we play the big boys,Have faith.
You know what...WER'E A BLOODY GOOD SIDE... 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

we certainly are and we started today with only two of the new players and for most of the game . Keep it up lads.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

Quote from: filham on August 06, 2022, 07:01:42 PM
An great Fulham performance that kept us fans on our toes for 90 minutes.

Three pre match statements that were not repeated after the match.
Ream is too slow and will be cut to pieces in the Premier League.
Mitro is not going to make it in the Premier League

My own thoughts at the start of the match, with only Periera and Palhinho of the six new players elected and with Carvalho and Wilson missing from last season,was that this team is weaker that last season's.We must always have faith in Silva.

Fulham favourites for relegation.

Not favourites for relegation, just 1 of them. Great day today.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Swan

This game has to go down as the best opening  game ever. Over the moon with the teams performance.
The Swan

MartyFFC

Quote from: Rodshig on August 06, 2022, 06:33:31 PM
Unpopular opinion. But i feel if we had a more solid cb pairing we may have scrap through that performance with a win.

Regardless 1 point against pool is a good result.
Yeah there's no doubt their second goal was down to poor defending from Ream/Tosin. We still need another CB for sure. That said they were both excellent for the rest of the game, however any mistake will usually get punished at this level

WolverineFFC

Quote from: WindyCity on August 06, 2022, 03:36:01 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on August 06, 2022, 03:33:11 PM
superb performance by the team. Perera ,palhnina and reed were superb. Silva got the tactics completely right . Who said he was inflexible coach ?  we played the ball long from our back line so Liverpool couldn't press us and we won most of the second balls . There must be some tired legs in our changing room. Brilliant for Mitro to shut up his critics right from the off.

Good point about second balls.  I think FFC did very well on 50-50's, especially noticeable in first half.  Did well in that area for the entire game, great team effort and determination.  Very happy with the point.

No doubt. The point and goals are promising, but the way the team won midfield battles is so much different than past seasons. Both in the air and with the tackles.

TheCeiling

I'm still trying to settle my heartbeat off this brilliant performance. The thing is, according to our preseason games there were no signs we're going to play this well against a world class opponent. What a game preparation by MS. To think we didn't start with 4 of our new 6 signings.

Regarding Solomon, he has interviewed after the game and said something I didn't know and most probably explain why he didn't look like his regular self in this game. 1. He said when he arrived to Fulham he got COVID and it prevented him from training with the team for some time, and he said that his whole pre-season wasn't ideal'. I'll give it a few weeks before we'll start seeing the real Solomon. But I'm happy he's at least start getting in shape with playing time. Watching today's game has me thinking BDR did all he could but sooner rather than later I'd like to see Solomon on the left and Kebano on the right.