more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

starting line up next?

Started by irishfulham, August 07, 2022, 04:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

HV71

Unless someone has a knock ,or MS wants to make a tactical change, then why would you after that performance ?
COYW !

JackHamlet90

Leno for Rodak
Rest of the team the same

irishfulham

can he really drop today though? don't think he did anything wrong. his long kick pass for the counter attack was exceptional too

HV71

Quote from: irishfulham on August 07, 2022, 12:59:04 PM
can he really drop today though? don't think he did anything wrong. his long kick pass for the counter attack was exceptional too

Exactly - before the game I wanted Leno to start - but difficult to drop ( not being sentimental at all ) but would prefer Rodak to stay as number 2 at least and let Gaza go. Not going to be easy to achieve if we just drop him

Tabby

I think Silva made himself pretty clear by having Rodak as number 1 over Leno. Leno will have to earn a starting position.

I think Solomon might be involved from the start though.

hovewhite

Milo

Solomon for BDR, and Duffy for Tosin (if it works in training..).

Surlyc

I think Solomon looked quite a way from match sharpness yesterday, so I wouldn't be too quick to rush him in.

Leno for Rodak is the only change I'd make. He's our number one and the sooner he builds a relationship with Tosin/Ream/Duffy, the better.

LC

Same 11. Rodak looked very comfortable yesterday. He commanded his box, he came and collected crosses, and made some fine saves.

Solomon needs time, he had a miscommunication with Robinson which resulted in a chance for Liverpool- I still thought he looked good though, but after BDR and Kebano's performance I wouldn't be in a rush to drop either of them. Everyone deserves to have a chance to show that they can replicate that performance again.

This will also give the new signings a chance to adapt to our style of play.

ffcthereligion

Difficult one. Wait for a loss and waste a match and opportunity to get 3 points against a team we should be aiming to get at least a point off in order to stay up before bringing in a player who we know is better to replace rodak? These are the decisions silva has to make. Very difficult to justify dropping Rodak but 1 point could make all the difference come the end of the season.

I would start with the same outfield. Agreed with comments on Solomon so far. Looked like he thought he was still in the Ukrainian league when he came on. One amazing turn but we've seen plenty of players think they can pirouette their way round the premier league (like taarabt) and get found out. He ll need to adapt and be ready to release the ball quicker and put in crosses to justify a starting spot

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I think Marco has to start Leno, despite Rodak's good game.

Twig

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on August 07, 2022, 06:59:59 AM
Leno for Rodak

You'd drop our keeper after that performance? Think what that would do for morale!

I don't see how Marco will drop anyone after that performance and it's clear that the new players have to earn their places. Just perhaps there could be an outfield change if Silva wants to play slightly different tactics away from home, but to make a change based on dropping someone? No way.

filham

We have made six new signings and only two of them started against Liverpool. A couple more have to be worked into the starting line up soon.

I would think Leno for Rodak and Solomon for BDR are the next changes we will see. Mbabu and Duffy are going to have to be satisfied with off the bench appearances for a while.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: filham on August 07, 2022, 04:30:11 PM
We have made six new signings and only two of them started against Liverpool. A couple more have to be worked into the starting line up soon.

I would think Leno for Rodak and Solomon for BDR are the next changes we will see. Mbabu and Duffy are going to have to be satisfied with off the bench appearances for a while.

BDR was pure quality against Liverpool, toying with them at times. Doesn't warrant a drop.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

elgreenio

Leno for Rodak is the only one i'd like to see. Unless for some reason he moved because he prefers our bench to the one at the Emirates.
Nothing against Rodak but Leno is just better, and i'd rather not toy around with such an important position
touch my camera through the fence

copthornemike

The only significant criticism I would have of Rodak was his apparent lack of communication or command of the defence. I don't know enough about Leno to know if he 'commands' his defence and area.
If he does demonstrate that continually in training, particularly as Tosin & Ream are not vocal types, then it would be a defensible reason to change.
For all his unease yesterday I was impressed by how van Dijk vocally organised the defensive side of the game. When your defender is 'under the cosh' strong leadership is needed.
Last season when things were not going our way I thought Rodak and Ream could appear to 'enter their shell' and appear timid. I am sure Silva is aware of this and whilst giving last year's team the benefit of the doubt (and rightly so) the moment he feels they are timid he will act.
A long hard season ahead but I feel more confident after Saturday's performance

H4usuallysitting

No changes for me...apart from the obvious.... mitro out, and cav in.... I'd use plenty of sub's....give as many player's game time as possible..... Wilson when fit, will be like a new signing

General

Quote from: Twig on August 07, 2022, 03:58:14 PM
Quote from: JackHamlet90 on August 07, 2022, 06:59:59 AM
Leno for Rodak

You'd drop our keeper after that performance? Think what that would do for morale!

I don't see how Marco will drop anyone after that performance and it's clear that the new players have to earn their places. Just perhaps there could be an outfield change if Silva wants to play slightly different tactics away from home, but to make a change based on dropping someone? No way.

If Leno is the stopper that everyone says he is and that he has been for arsenal in training and the players are seeing it day in day out in training, knowing you've a better goalkeeper in goal would only boost morale.

General

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 07, 2022, 05:40:24 PM
Quote from: filham on August 07, 2022, 04:30:11 PM

BDR was pure quality against Liverpool, toying with them at times. Doesn't warrant a drop.

Agreed. I'd be more inclined to drop Neeskens out of the two for Solomon and think it's intended to have Solomon compete more for a position with Kebano.