watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Someone Please Buy Knockaert, onomah & Cavaleiro

Started by Rodshig, August 08, 2022, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodshig

Not sure where these 3 players are hiding now but it amazes me we have not sold them yet.

We should get about 15 mil in total for the 3 of them?

rusty shackleford

Theyll all go on loan nearer the deadline. Who would buy them when they know theyre not in our plans?

Surlyc

Add Kongolo to the list, since none of the 4 have squad numbers.

We'll get nothing for Knockaert, maybe £7m in total for Cavaleiro, Onomah & Kongolo (3/2/2) if we are very lucky. Clubs will know we're looking to offload them, so we're not going to get much.

Nero

Quote from: Surlyc on August 08, 2022, 11:19:30 AM

We'll get nothing for Knockaert, maybe £7m in total for Cavaleiro, Onomah & Kongolo (3/2/2) if we are very lucky. Clubs will know we're looking to offload them, so we're not going to get much.

Weve been trying to offload them for 3 years

Surlyc

Quote from: Nero on August 08, 2022, 11:23:38 AM

Reminds me slightly of the Seri situation - we're going to end up loaning them out for peanuts, just to get 20% of their wages off the books. Knockaert/Cavaleiro may well be the worst transfer business we've ever done in terms of cost/payoff.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Rodshig on August 08, 2022, 11:17:27 AM
Not sure where these 3 players are hiding now but it amazes me we have not sold them yet.

We should get about 15 mil in total for the 3 of them?

My Sunday morning team would normally have a genuine interest, however we have more or less every position covered but thank you for the heads up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ruislip White

The only one I'd retain is Kongolo in case we don't get another CB in.  Less than ideal, but none have a place in a premier league squad.
I do feel genuinely sorry for Cav.  Decent player, completely misused and played out of position by Parker.  Now consequently not the same player we once bought...

b+w geezer

I feel slightly for Onomah, who has usually done OK when given a chance, but you could see the difference with Pereira in terms of engine and ability to deal with the pace that is required in the Prem. They use a barreload of physical performance measures nowadays and these would have done for Josh, I suspect, prior to any other considerations.

epsomraver

KONGOLO is at Stoke apparently
ly

filham

No lesser club can afford their wages and they are happy simply taking there huge page cheque in return for regular training at Motspur Park a few hours each week.

We Are Premier League

Suspect all 4 will go out on loan and we will pay part of their salaries.

Best outcome at the end of the year would be that Championship clubs pick up Onomah and Cavaleiro for a few mill after decent loan spells, Knocky is released on a free upon expiry of contract, Kongolo play a full season and then return to our squad for next season.

I would be impressed if we get a total of 5m for all of them.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on August 08, 2022, 01:13:28 PM
No lesser club can afford their wages and they are happy simply taking there huge page cheque in return for regular training at Motspur Park a few hours each week.

That sounds about right.

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

At the end of the day we may just have to either let them leave on free transfers or cancel their contracts by mutual consent but as has been mentioned their wages could be an issue for any club interested in them. Not sure anyone would offer serious money for any of them.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: epsomraver on August 08, 2022, 01:10:24 PM

KONGOLO is at Stoke apparently
ly

Which Hospital is that,  Stoke Mandeville  ?

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

It's not their fault if MS doesn't want them and nobody wants to buy them, they are still entitled to their wages.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bal_13

Quote from: We Are Premier League on August 08, 2022, 01:17:37 PM
Suspect all 4 will go out on loan and we will pay part of their salaries.

Best outcome at the end of the year would be that Championship clubs pick up Onomah and Cavaleiro for a few mill after decent loan spells, Knocky is released on a free upon expiry of contract, Kongolo play a full season and then return to our squad for next season.

I would be impressed if we get a total of 5m for all of them.

This feels about right. Although, whilst I would love Kongolo to prove himself and then be reintegrated into the squad next year, I'm struggling to see a way back for him if Silva has made it clear he's not in his plans with only two other CBs on the squad

Jimmy Hill

filham

Quote from: alfie on August 08, 2022, 01:49:04 PM
It's not their fault if MS doesn't want them and nobody wants to buy them, they are still entitled to their wages.

It just means that easy money is getting close to immoral earnings.

Pluto

Quote from: filham on August 08, 2022, 06:48:29 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 08, 2022, 01:49:04 PM

It just means that easy money is getting close to immoral earnings.

They have a written contract so fair play to them 🤷‍♂️ Go get that money...all of us would

Pluto

I would have considered retaining one of Onomah or Cavaleiro in case of a injury-crisis situation. There were games at the start of last season where they both looked half decent. Don't want to be paying transfer/loan fees for a replacement who'll likely never play.

But if we can get any kind of fee for them we have to take it.