Etheridge
Riise
Dalle Valle
Marsh Brown
Briggs
Dempsey
Duff

White Noise

Sparky likes to play strong sides in Cup games and lets face it, he was fighting for his job (allegedly) a few days ago so he will want to win this one to keep in MAF's good books. However he has said that he will rest players for this one and AJ is clearly not going to be risked.

So, who need a rest? Well Digger and Dempsey have played pretty much every game I think and we certainly have plenty of options in midfield to replace them. It would probably make sense to rest the skipper and maybe make Greening Captain. Is Matt Briggs ready to return from injury? If he is then Bairdinho could be rested at LB. Halliche had some sort of injury but I think should be fine to make his full debut. Maybe keep Johhny P at right back because he is not long back in the side but do you rest both H & H? Would you play Briggs in the middle with Halliche and Kelly on the left. No. Too risky. One of the H's has got to play and I pick Brede.

My line-up looks like this -

Stockdale

Pantsil  Hangeland  Halliche  Briggs

Gera  Etuhu  Greening  Riise

Kamara Elm

Subs - Etheridge, Kelly, Salcido, Dikgacoi, Duff, Dalla Valle, Dembele

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: White Noise on January 06, 2011, 10:33:33 AM
Sparky likes to play strong sides in Cup games and lets face it, he was fighting for his job (allegedly) a few days ago so he will want to win this one to keep in MAF's good books. However he has said that he will rest players for this one and AJ is clearly not going to be risked.

So, who need a rest? Well Digger and Dempsey have played pretty much every game I think and we certainly have plenty of options in midfield to replace them. It would probably make sense to rest the skipper and maybe make Greening Captain. Is Matt Briggs ready to return from injury? If he is then Bairdinho could be rested at LB. Halliche had some sort of injury but I think should be fine to make his full debut. Maybe keep Johhny P at right back because he is not long back in the side but do you rest both H & H? Would you play Briggs in the middle with Halliche and Kelly on the left. No. Too risky. One of the H's has got to play and I pick Brede.

My line-up looks like this -

Stockdale

Pantsil  Hangeland  Halliche  Briggs

Gera  Etuhu  Greening  Riise

Kamara Elm

Subs - Etheridge, Kelly, Salcido, Dikgacoi, Duff, Dalla Valle, Dembele

I dont think Baird needs a rest. He has been in and out of the team. Agree that Sparky likes to put a strong team though.

Would like to see Dembele given 45 mins at the start of the game, rather than 20 mins at the end when we may be getting scrappy. He needs a run out and he is the kind of player who will run rings around the lower league players (see Port Vale) and run the game.

Elm will never play under Hughes. Has he even ever made the bench?

TonyGilroy

We'll find out which squad players have a future under Hughes. No reason to play guys like Riise, Elm or Digachoi. I'm most intrigued to see whether any kids get a chance.

I'd think maybe

Stockdale

Pantsil  Halliche  Baird Salcido

Gera Greening Etuhu Dembele

EJ  Kamara

Hopefully 2 or 3 kids on the bench.

sipwell

I just would like to see some youngsters (Della Valle and Krancilcik or what his name is).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

finnster01

Mr WN,
If he rests Murphy and only 1 of the Thames Barrier plays, that will be the captain. I can't see him picking Greening for the armband although that may very well be the only way to not get him sent off.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Blingo

Quote from: sipwell on January 06, 2011, 11:39:32 AM
I just would like to see some youngsters (Della Valle and Krancilcik or what his name is).

+1

Jimpav

I would leave the team unchanged with the exception of trading Dembele for Kamara.

Another convincing win will continue to boost the dressing room and gee the confidence levels up for our trip to Wigan.

There is going to be a week between the two matches which will be plenty of recovery time.

I would also have a youthful bench in the event that if we are 2 or 3-0 up at half time we can give Briggs and Dalla Valle 45 mins.

Mr Fulham

Stockdale
Kelly  Halliche  Hangeland  Baird
       Greening  Dikgacoi
Riise                            Gera
        Kamara   Dalla Valle

Subs:
Etheridge
Hughes
Kacaniklic
Trotta
Digger Davies
Fast Eddie
Dembele

Quote from: Jimpav on January 06, 2011, 12:23:01 PM
I would leave the team unchanged with the exception of trading Dembele for Kamara.

We should rest some players - they played 4 matches in 10 days, so they'll be tired and we have important fixtures ahead.
I think Hughes said that he wants to give some fringe players a run-out.

Burt

What exactly is the situation with Dembele? Is he match fit? If he is available I wouldn't want to play him for the full 90mins.

And I agree it would be great to see Delle Valle for some of the match.

finnster01

Quote from: Burt on January 06, 2011, 12:25:51 PM
And I agree it would be great to see Delle Valle for some of the match.
Amen to that Mr Burt.

I am beginning to think Dalla Valle missing is a bigger mystery than Lord Lucan.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2011/01/05/fulham-boss-will-ring-the-changes-for-fa-cup-clash-with-peterborough-82029-27934983/

Fulham boss will ring the changes for FA Cup clash with Peterborough

Jan 5 2011

By Jacob Murtagh

Danny Murphy

FULHAM boss Mark Hughes plans to ring the changes for Saturday's FA Cup clash with Peterborough.

Sparky's side have faced a gruelling festive fixture list with four games in 10 days as they hauled themselves away from the Premier League drop zone.

And Hughes plans to give some of his stars a much-needed rest for the visit of League One Posh to Craven Cottage, with captain Danny Murphy (pictured) among those expected to be given a break from action.

He said: "I'm going to make changes. A lot of the same players have had the big onus on them.

"We're going to freshen it up at the weekend."

BestOfBrede

hmmm...

Can I just say that if Hughes gives youngsters a chance, rests too many 1st team regs and we lose I wonder what the supporters reaction will be?
I also wonder what responses we will be reading on here!?

Will it be:
I agree with his team choice/substitutions it was the right thing to do - testing out young players for the future or
HUGHES OUT !!! :doh:

jarv

Stockdale
Pantsil Baird Hangeland Sal.
Gera Greening Etuhu Riise
Kamara Eddie the eagle.

subs....youngsters.

HatterDon

An interesting bunch of lineups, I must say.

I like the idea of resting Murph and Dempsey, but I'd keep them on the bench just in case -- as it was at Kettering a couple seasons ago. And I also like the idea of Della Valle and some of the other young players on the bench as well. What I don't want to see is Riise in a Fulham uniform ever again.

Once concern about using players that are transfer bait, by the way, is that if we do they're cup tied and that could hurt their transfer potential.

--------------- Stockdale ----------------
Kelly ---- Baird ---- Halliche ----- Salcido
Duff ---- Greening ---- Etuhu ---- Davies
------- Eddie ------- Kamara -------------

If we're doing well, bring in Della Valle. If we're stinking up the joint, bring in Murphy and Dempsey.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Basil

If Della Valle does not get a place on bench at least on Saturday then we may as well loan him out to league one/two, it's not like we need him as squad cover as we have been down to bare bones on striker front and not seen him all season near first team. Will give us a fair better indication of his quality in long term than a once every 3 weeks run our for reserves.
Anyway hopefully he will get a run out on Saturday.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Basil on January 06, 2011, 04:04:30 PM
If Della Valle does not get a place on bench at least on Saturday then we may as well loan him out to league one/two, it's not like we need him as squad cover as we have been down to bare bones on striker front and not seen him all season near first team. Will give us a fair better indication of his quality in long term than a once every 3 weeks run our for reserves.

exactly. I live in hope that because neither him nor Kacklinic have been loaned out means that they are half decent!

Hazey

Quote from: jarv on January 06, 2011, 01:27:19 PM
Stockdale
Pantsil Baird Hangeland Sal.
Gera Greening Etuhu Riise
Kamara Eddie the eagle.

subs....youngsters.

Eddie the Eagle to finally score?  Me thinks not.  I've said it before, but this time is the most serious I have been when saying it.....if Dalle Valle can't get in the team before Eddie.......I'll be GGGRRRRr ....eating my hat or something....

In saying that I would go with The Moose and Kamara to start with the Hyphen (Dalla-Velle) to come on at some point.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

White Noise

Quote from: Basil on January 06, 2011, 04:04:30 PM

Agree with that. He is, by all accounts, ready for a step up of some sort and a decent loan move would give him the challenge he needs.

Welcome to FoF by the way Basil. Good to have you on here and look forward to reading more of your posts. :54: