Is it just me

Started by perry geyton, August 15, 2022, 05:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBrideOfFrankenstein

I think it's a close call. As folks have said, it's:

Good pressing but truly woeful passing

vs

Low defensive work rate with sublime touch

I go with TC. We can't settle for draws to stay up, and Pereira's passing has killed about a dozen moves through two matches.

Hatch007

Quote from: blingo on August 15, 2022, 09:23:34 AM
It's just you Piri lol.
I actually agree with the OP to a degree against certain opposition but I did LMFAO at your post 😂

perry geyton

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 16, 2022, 12:19:39 AM
It's just you Piri lol.
I actually agree with the OP to a degree against certain opposition but I did LMFAO at your post 😂
Looks like quite a few agree Bongo

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on August 16, 2022, 01:13:10 AM
Quote from: Hatch007 on August 16, 2022, 12:19:39 AM
It's just you Piri lol.
Looks like quite a few agree Bongo

Until he makes one mistake on the pitch and then the knives will come out Piri.

alfie

Quote from: perry geyton on August 15, 2022, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: ex-Pat on August 15, 2022, 06:16:44 PM

Why on earth is anyone including Cairney in any kind of a line up, how come not one team comes in for the great competing aggressive midfielder ?
Utterly clueless
One could argue the Pereira love fest is well OTT

ALONG WITH Tim Ream TC will also prove the haters wrong once again this season
Mr PG, just because someone prefers another player to TC, doesn't mean they are TC "haters"
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Why on earth is anyone including Cairney in any kind of a line up, how come not one team comes in for the great competing aggressive midfielder ?

Lol I wondered how long it would take him. This is the same guy that argued Mitro was a waste of space. No idea!

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: alfie on August 16, 2022, 07:33:39 AM

Utterly clueless

Mr PG, just because someone prefers another player to TC, doesn't mean they are TC "haters"

Agree with that. There is enough division on this board throughout the course of a season as it is.

Both are good players, both are extremely different types of player and one will fit the system better than the other. Thats all that there is to it.

FFC1987

Love Cairney. Utter gem to watch, but am I a hater because I think Pereria is better suited at the moment with his pace and workrate? Seems a flimsy binary position to me.

filham

No team will come in for Cairney simply because they would be wasting their time. We wouldn't let him go and he wouldn't want to leave.

blingo

Quote from: filham on August 16, 2022, 10:15:48 AM

You're wrong Mr F,.......MONEY TALKS.
No team will come in for Cairney simply because they would be wasting their time. We wouldn't let him go and he wouldn't want to leave.

perry geyton

Utterly clueless

Prefers ? Did you not read what he said ? "Why on earth is anyone including Cairney in any kind of line up in this team" ?

If that's not hating I don't know what is, clueless hating IMO

And yet people come to his defense

Denver Fulham

We can't have Mitro, Cairney, Kebano and BDR as our starting front four. It would be the slowest unit in the league by a mile. We currently need Pereira's work rate, which is something that Tom cannot provide. When we're trailing by a goal in the second half, I think Tom will get more playing time, as the priority in that match changes.

We're a team built on imperfect players. Right now, we have to hope Pereira starts to make better decisions in the offensive third instead of hoping Tom can suddenly run with bad knees and 30+ years on him. If/when we bring in additional options, that could change. But not for Cairney at this point.

alfie

Quote from: perry geyton on August 16, 2022, 04:08:55 PM

Utterly clueless

Prefers ? Did you not read what he said ? "Why on earth is anyone including Cairney in any kind of line up in this team" ?

Having looked again, I can't see anywhere he has used the word "hating" you are the only that seems to be using that word.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcne

TC for me nowhere near getting a place in the team.Best days behind him. Good option to have  on the bench.
But will he do the pressing ,tackling ,running .Been impressed with the team so far .
And still signings to come in and Wilson to come back.

ffcne

Quote from: Matt10 on August 15, 2022, 04:23:48 PM
Pereira did so much running and covering Neves throughout the pitch. I am a huge TC fan, but there's no way he could've stuck with Neves like that. Watch the match replay, wherever Neves went, Pereira was right by him. Even when Neves dropped between the two defenders, Pereira was right there to pressure.

Both managers did their homework, because Neves followed Pereira through the pitch as well, although not as tight.

When Cairney came in, the context had changed. Both sides going for it. Pereira started to push past Neves, while Neves continued to stay back. Defensively, Pereira started to block Neves passing lane more and was less inclined to follow him all over the pitch. Thankfully Neves movement was fairly limited to allow the wingbacks more chance to overload our sides.

Overall, Pereira did his job. It wasn't an easy day, and it was more about his defensive duties than it was his chance creation - which he still managed to do in slotting the through pass to BDR which led to Mitro's penalty. There's a reason a lot of teams struggle against Wolves when Neves has free-roam to creating chances. Pereira limited that, and should be acknowledged. In the position of Cairney vs Pereira, it's so tough because I too wanted to see TC. Unfortunately, I think the lack of attacking quality from our wingers and central defensive midfielders is what hurt us from having more chances towards goal.

Yes well picked up.Pereira for me.

AnOldBrownie

People are.really.ignoring Marco Silva's scheme,, which so far has been successful? It requires the attacking mid to move more than any other player. At times Andreas will be the only starting player with pace to be a threat on the counter...he can press any of the opposing defensive players...

Tom Carney is going to be more useful coming in as a sub. He should come.on to.replace.Kebano.much sooner though. 65th minute or so.

Sent from my KFTRWI using Tapatalk

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 16, 2022, 06:15:22 PM

Tom Carney is going to be more useful coming in as a sub. He should come.on to.replace.Kebano.much sooner though. 65th minute or so.

I don't know if you were around the last time that experiment happened (thats genuine, I'm not being rude) but unless I am remembering incorrectly, Cairney out wide was a complete disaster.

perry geyton

Quote from: alfie on August 16, 2022, 04:56:18 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 16, 2022, 04:08:55 PM

Utterly clueless

Having looked again, I can't see anywhere he has used the word "hating" you are the only that seems to be using that word.

You don't have to use the word HATE to be HATING
he already expressed his hate through his opinion

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 16, 2022, 07:05:37 PM

I don't know if you were around the last time that experiment happened (thats genuine, I'm not being rude) but unless I am remembering incorrectly, Cairney out wide was a complete disaster.
Def not a winger
Cairney should play the creative role behind Mitro
In fact Pereira seemed more effective on the wing to me

The Rational Fan

People are.really.ignoring Marco Silva's scheme,, which so far has been successful? It requires the attacking mid to move more than any other player. At times Andreas will be the only starting player with pace to be a threat on the counter...he can press any of the opposing defensive players...

Spot On, Marco Silva's main plan for the AM to cover off the ball 70 yards forward/backwards and 50 yards left/right. Tom Cairney main skill is on the ball and pinging the ball around wherever will cause most trouble, as for covering ground off the ball he is lucky to cover half what Periera covers. If Marco Silva plays Tom Cairney he needs to play him in different position, use different tactics or when the other team sits back in double bus low block.