watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stick or Twist

Started by JimmyConway, August 15, 2022, 11:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

If it's not broke ? Or good manager knows time to change ?
Not sure where I sit in regards to this but I can see one or two tweaks coming. Plenty will say harsh but sentiment will only get you so far.  Two good points on the board but last Saturday showed some old Fulham traits which were not punished and a tad worrying. Penalty miss showed the fine margins. The next five games in league involve next to no travelling involved so home comforts to the fore. What worry's me and I might be alone in this thought is if we get beat Saturday then there is a strong argument that we might have to wait until possibly October before registering first win of season. Not that we can't beat Brighton? but it might be this early where even a draw especially at home is two dropped?
Trying not to make this to negative post as I know you get pounced on here but there are some huge hurdles coming up and we could do with some good fortune along the way. Quality will be key on our part. If it's lack of Quality or not ringing the changes then it could get extremely difficult.

BestOfBrede

Yep time to change the keeper and possibly 1 of the CH's
I would like to see Mbappe too but wonder if we need to make such mass defensive changes more gradual?

alfie

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 15, 2022, 11:38:44 AM
I would like to see Mbappe too but wonder if we need to make such mass defensive changes more gradual?
Is there a possibility of bringing in Mbapi and pushing Tete further up, as he can cross the ball.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Good to keep a clean sheet at Wolves but coming home without a goal is of concern. We are missing Wilson and possibly Solomon, BDR out wide is not going to work.

blingo

Quote from: filham on August 15, 2022, 11:58:37 AM
Good to keep a clean sheet at Wolves but coming home without a goal is of concern. We are missing Wilson and possibly Solomon, BDR out wide is not going to work.

How is it a concern?  We were unlucky not to win it,  but a draw and a clean sheet away from home is a good result.

Arthur

O.P.

The importance of registering a win this weekend could be huge, I agree. Fail to do so and the pressure will start to build. Like you, I hope we won't be travelling to Nott'm Forest without a win from our opening seven matches.

There was a definite lack of attacking quality against Wolves, I would say. Kebano played well in the second half, in my opinion, but Mitrovic, Perreira and BDR asked few questions of the Wolves defence. Fortunately, our opponents were also largely bereft of ideas in the attacking third of the field and we were able to come away with a satisfactory point. Play like that against most other teams, however, and the outcome will not be at all positive. If we sign a winger/forward this week, it will give us a stronger option to come off the bench next Saturday, but the 'tweaks' MS can make - Leno and Diop being the obvious players - aren't going to make us more of a potent attacking force.

As you say, a bit of good fortune may be our best ally at the moment when it comes to picking up a victory.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: alfie on August 15, 2022, 11:46:39 AM
Is there a possibility of bringing in Mbapi and pushing Tete further up, as he can cross the ball.

Not sure, maybe Tete back and Mbappe further up? They could interchange.
Difficult as BDR has done well and a bit harsh to drop?

Bassey the warrior

I'd love to see Kylian Mbappe in a Fulham shirt but fear we may have to settle for Kevin Mbabu.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 15, 2022, 12:27:05 PM

I'd love to see Kylian Mbappe in a Fulham shirt but fear we may have to settle for Kevin Mbabu.
:dft001:
I knew I should've checked the spelling  :005: