News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Brentford: Predictions, Team in, Thoughts?

Started by love4ffc, August 15, 2022, 03:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Difficult one to call I think. Brentford quite rightly on a high but may struggle against the 90 minute competitive teams Marco has sent out for our first two marches.
Losing Wilson & Solomon does affect our ability going forward, but BDR and Kebano have been effective when we do not have the ball. Wolves had some success with balls between Tete & Toyo first half which was a concern, but we seemed to nullify the threat second half. Would be good to have a pact forward to come off the bench however.
My prediction, however scores first will win 2-1.
Same starting XI.

TheCeiling

I can't accept right now any scenario other than a win. This is the closest to a must win as we can have, considering the upcoming next few games. Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are at least as good as Liverpool atm, Brighton- I've watched both of their games and they impressed me, they are playing like a top 8 team so far. Which leaves us with Brentford, we must do all it takes to finish this game with a win. Silva spoke about how he thinks we can do much better job with the ball, so I'd like to see a progress in this aspect. I want to see us building the attack much faster, I'd like us to think faster once we pressing and intercepting the ball. We need Mitro fully focused, we need Palhinha to do a better job at opening himself to receive the ball (I thought he did a poor job regarding that against Wolves), we need Reed to keep his high intensity and Pereira to be much more creative offensively, we need Kebano and BDR to be at their best, and of course, we need a better game plan for dealing with Brentford counter attacks because they will clearly try to exploit our holes there.

I trust Silva to get the best out of the team in this super important match.

2-1 Fulham.

Motspur

Need to match Brentford's physicality not only standard play but particularly defending set pieces; because of this I believe that Diop needs to start on Saturday to give the defence more strength against the front line power that Brentford possess together with the expected aerial bombardment. Our right side of defence was exposed several times against Wolves, so Kenny Tete will need to be more aware and sharper on Saturday otherwise need Mbabu to be given the role.  Fulham are the better football team but need to win the individual physical battles on the pitch in order to come out on top.

Vuk1

Quote from: TheCeiling on August 16, 2022, 01:15:58 PM
I can't accept right now any scenario other than a win. This is the closest to a must win as we can have, considering the upcoming next few games. Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are at least as good as Liverpool atm, Brighton- I've watched both of their games and they impressed me, they are playing like a top 8 team so far. Which leaves us with Brentford, we must do all it takes to finish this game with a win. Silva spoke about how he thinks we can do much better job with the ball, so I'd like to see a progress in this aspect. I want to see us building the attack much faster, I'd like us to think faster once we pressing and intercepting the ball. We need Mitro fully focused, we need Palhinha to do a better job at opening himself to receive the ball (I thought he did a poor job regarding that against Wolves), we need Reed to keep his high intensity and Pereira to be much more creative offensively, we need Kebano and BDR to be at their best, and of course, we need a better game plan for dealing with Brentford counter attacks because they will clearly try to exploit our holes there.

I trust Silva to get the best out of the team in this super important match.

2-1 Fulham.

Fully agree with this. This is a very early must win considering the coming schedule as well as the fact we aren't already on 4 points. Brentford are a well run side in form but we have to trust Silva and aren't without our own chances. I'm also going for 2-1 Fulham

..FOF..

At home but Brentford on a high.

Another clean sheet for Rodak. 1-0.

love4ffc

Having listened to a pod today and having talked with some of my mates, I feel this is the best lineup for the upcoming match. 

Leno
                                                              Mbabu     Tosin     Ream    Robinson

BDR       Reed      Palhinha      Kebano

Pereira
                                                                                         Mitro

I have said this in the past and I'll repeat myself again.  There are 38 matches in the PL while there is 46 in the Championship.  That is 24 more possible points up for grabs for survival in the league.  It also means in my view that every match matters that much more in the Premier League.

For that reason, even though I know it's a bit unfair for Rodak, I feel it's time for Leno to step in between the sticks.  I also think it would be good to allow Mbabu to start as RB.  If Pereira is fit, I would still like for him to start.  If he's injured, then I'd like to see Tom start. 

I'd also like to see Stansfield get more then 15 minutes to show what he can do, and I'd like to see Harris on the bench and given a chance to get a few minutes. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rebel

For me Kebano has been struggling beating defenders, inability to get a first time cross in. I think he dwells on the ball too much.

Although when he loses the ball, he does attempt to get it back. So defends from the front. He needs to find that extra gear. 

Classic94

Leno
Robinson, Ream, Tosin, Mbabu
Palhinha, Reed
Kebano, Andreas, BDR
Mitrovic

Rodak, Tete, Diop, Duffy, Chalobah, TC, Harris, Stansfield, Muniz.

Bench looks extremely light. Shame Kluivert doesn't look like getting over the line in time for Saturday.

Riversider

Quote from: Classic94 on August 18, 2022, 10:30:21 AM
Leno
Palhinha, Reed
Kebano, Andreas, BDR
Mitrovic

Bench looks extremely light. Shame Kluivert doesn't look like getting over the line in time for Saturday.
Diop MUST start, he's our best central defender (if he isn't we've got problems)
Agree that Mbabu and Leno must also come in and I'd also say that Sylvester Jasper has to be given a place on the bench as far as wide players are concerned he is the next cab on the rank, after being persuaded to stay it would be a shame if he's not offered some kind of hope.

LC

Quote from: Riversider on August 18, 2022, 04:39:55 PM
Leno
Palhinha, Reed
Kebano, Andreas, BDR
Mitrovic

Diop MUST start, he's our best central defender (if he isn't we've got problems)
Agree that Mbabu and Leno must also come in and I'd also say that Sylvester Jasper has to be given a place on the bench as far as wide players are concerned he is the next cab on the rank, after being persuaded to stay it would be a shame if he's not offered some kind of hope.

Why would we drop Tete.. he's a top defender. I think we'll start unchanged from the last game

rusty shackleford

Draw

A win would be an amazing start to the season. A loss will be a bad start points wise. Funny how 1 game can mean so much this early

Riversider

Quote from: LC on August 18, 2022, 04:41:57 PM
Leno
Palhinha, Reed
Kebano, Andreas, BDR
Mitrovic

Why would we drop Tete.. he's a top defender. I think we'll start unchanged from the last game
Because Mbabu has got electric pace and offers us a bit more going forward at a time we are lacking width.

Tabby

Mbabu is not good going forward. He has a grand total of 5 assist and 3 goals throughout his career.

Sure got an assist against Villareal, but Tete got one against Liverpool.

Jims Dentist

No doubt Brentford will change tactics many times during the game.
Against Man U their heavy press really worked well early on, and later in the game the counter attack split M.U. apart.
Let's hope we can combat these and also cope with the inevitably embardment that will come.

BestOfBrede

DukeTyrion

Brentford seem to have a way of taking points off us, so I am going for 1-1

LC

Quote from: Riversider on August 18, 2022, 04:46:26 PM
Quote from: LC on August 18, 2022, 04:41:57 PM
Leno
Palhinha, Reed
Kebano, Andreas, BDR
Mitrovic

Because Mbabu has got electric pace and offers us a bit more going forward at a time we are lacking width.

Is he? I have no idea, I have never seen him play.

But what I do know is that Tete is a top half PL defender and we need to start him when he's fit

WindyCity

Thoughts?  Still a bit depressed/disappointed in this transfer period.  We have/are fielding basically a championship level team with the exception of the two P's in midfield, and when one or both are off the pitch even much more so a Champ side.  And trying to compete in the Prem.  Cap tip to the boys and MS for grabbing two points so far, but easily could have been no points sitting bottom. 

Just cautiously optimistic we can get 'something' out of this home match, but won't be totally deflated if we get nothing.  This team won't be sorted until the last minute of the transfer or even in the second transfer period later in the season.  Just a shame FFC can't get things done smartly and quickly (for preseason) but this seems to be the FFC way.  Fingers crossed the lads can have a solid outing v Brentford.  COYW

love4ffc

Just listened to Marco's Brentford Preview.  Says no new injuries and that he still has the same squad to choose from as last week.  Only injuries are the same long term ones.  So I'm guessing that Pereira is available. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rebel

Quote from: love4ffc on August 19, 2022, 05:11:32 PM
Just listened to Marco's Brentford Preview.  Says no new injuries and that he still has the same squad to choose from as last week.  Only injuries are the same long term ones.  So I'm guessing that Pereira is available. 

He was impressive against Liverpool, less so against Wolves.