News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Brentford: Predictions, Team in, Thoughts?

Started by love4ffc, August 15, 2022, 03:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

UP NEXT BRENTFORD AT THE COTTAGE

Brentford are running on a high having tied Leicester on their opening fixture and then beating Man United 4 – 0 in Saturday's fixture.  I for one would never have thought that was going to happen but United crashed and burned in spectacular fashion.  Brentford by my count have brought in 11 new signings and had 10 players leave.  Pretty good turnover for just one season. 

Lots of interesting questions as always to debate. 

What would your team be for Brentford? 
Keeping in mind the recent performances from some players.  Clean sheet against Wolves so should MS experiment and swap out Rodak for Leno?  Does he drop Tete and one of the CB's to bring in Diob and Mbabu? 

What is your prediction for Brentford.
Will Brentford still be riding on a high and expect to roll us over?  Do you think Fulham can come out and play with the same intensity as they did against Liverpool?  Securing a point in difficult matches is fantastic but personally, I'm hoping that Fulham start getting all three against teams likes this.  Especially with this being a home match and the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea following in the next weeks.   

So, give your thoughts and predictions. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rock

Similar to my Wolves prediction, another draw. We have only won 1 in our last 7 meetings, and we are a touch better than we were during those meetings, though they may be as well. Similar to our first two matches, could go either way depending on who is clinical in front of goal. Thankfully Wolves weren't last week blowing their 3 or so clear cut chances.

rebel

Really has to be a Fulham Win, drawing is a bad habit in the Premiership.

Fulham 3 - 1 Brentford, like to see a clean sheet, but Brentford are pretty slick going forward.

Milo

Fulham 1 - 2 Brentford

They'll be 2 up in the first 30 minutes.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Gee Milo, you are glass three quarter empty man.    My prediction is the opposite 2-1 in our favour.   It will be a tough one but with the same mindset as the Liverpool game, we could win out on the day.   If they have to settle for another draw - what will be, will be, but it will start to get worrying at that point.   In Marco we must trust!

Jules

I can't stand them, they are really annoying, but they are a good side and will be in mid table comfort this season. I think we are improving ourselves but we are lacking the ability to kill off games. I will go for a 1-1 draw.

General

Think it'll be a draw or loss. Just feel we're lacking that cutting edge up front and our defence against the likes of toney and mbuemo will have problems.

An ideal game to get Leno and maybe even Diop in for the extra pace vs ream (though I know ream has been one of our best defenders so far - just think he'll have rings run around him by mbuemo and toney).

southwest6

Don't think it'll be a draw but realistically see a Brentford win as they seem to love winning at the cottage + looked very sharp vs united. Should be a great game - hope our fans are up for it although it's more of a cup final for Brentford.

hovewhite

3 Cherries

Alas we are currently toothless up front (on Saturday's evidence) and Brentford are on fire

This is reflected in the bookies making us slight favourites, but we are odds against when we should be odds on...

Intellect says Brentford and the heart is keeping out of it

JimmyConway

Not sure our attack has enough quality at the moment. Couple of oven ready players in this week and it might look a lot different. They are flying 2-0 down at Leicester to get a draw 4-0 win over Man Utd. In a roundabout way probably the least team you want to face currently. Hate to say it but it is only start of the week so things can change but I can't see anything other than a home defeat and might be a heavy one. Don't want to put score up as not to keep reminding myself.

Whitestone

The injuries to Solomon and Wilson are killing us. We need some help asap. Coming up against a free scoring rival who's fans absolutely despise Fulham isn't going to be easy. I make them favourites but definitely won't write the Whites off. I reckon if Silva comes  up with a plan to nullify them and our guys raise their levels to those seen against Liverpool, coupled with a similar effort from the stands we can nick this.

jarv

Must match the Brentford work rate. Fulham has better players but need to apply themselves to the max.

LC

I'd expect the same team out.

It's to early to call it a must win game, but this is certainly one of those games we should be looking to pick up three points from. Hoping we can bring in a forward before the game.

alfie

I won't and never will contemplate us losing, because things happen.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Blawarmy

We have to turn up and beat them. This is a must win if we're to survive. I'm fed up with teams underperforming against Brentford.   

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Classic94

Same team most likely. A game we should be looking to win. 5 points from 3 would be a good start - 2 points from 3, not so much.

I'd be disappointed if we failed to bring in a forward this week, given our injury situation.

rebel

Quote from: LC on August 15, 2022, 06:31:40 PM

It's to early to call it a must win game, but this is certainly one of those games we should be looking to pick up three points from. Hoping we can bring in a forward before the game.

Pereira is injured, the team will be 'shuffled'.

LC

Quote from: rebel on August 15, 2022, 07:03:11 PM
Quote from: LC on August 15, 2022, 06:31:40 PM

Pereira is injured, the team will be 'shuffled'.

I saw he picked up a knock, but haven't see anything about him being out this week? If he's out, then I guess TC or Jay will play in that role.  Hoping we bring in another player before the game