watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 games in

Started by jayffc, August 20, 2022, 05:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBrideOfFrankenstein

The quality of the new signings has been a massive reason for our start. Palhina, Pereira, and even Mbabu's cameo today have been huge. So far I couldn't ask for a better integration of new players into an already confident and spirited side.

spoonffc

If you can't enjoy it, then what's the point?

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2022, 05:59:34 PM
Not sure if intended or not but you missed my last paragraph from your quote. Think that sums up what I think more than what you've maybe read into it.

You edited it after I initially responded that's why it didnt feature in the quote. You can see that in the post time/edit stamps

Again...
You're taking this way too personally
If you read what I wrote - I said "You've been one of the borderline more reasonable ones that's leaned towards the negative at times....  but f me you know full well how this would have played out with ***the usual suspects*** had it not been this way. "

Clearly, I'm not addressing you personally and did go out of my way to make a differentiation that you've been on the side of the more reasonable as it goes .... and yet you are continuing to drag this out at this point

Enjoy the day its been a good one, it was never meant to be this extra and carry on so lets drop it. I made my point , pretty lightly by some of this boards standards, and I stand by what was said - AND Im glad were all enjoying the start to the season
COYW

Nero

Yes mitros got 3 goals but wouldnt you prefer to him to have some physical stats

jayffc

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 20, 2022, 06:05:45 PM
The quality of the new signings has been a massive reason for our start. Palhina, Pereira, and even Mbabu's cameo today have been huge. So far I couldn't ask for a better integration of new players into an already confident and spirited side.

Agreed

Really impressed with the new signings, and makes me more confident in what we might yet still bring in with a week and a half to go!

Personally preferred the idea of Zirzkee than Maupay - more potential upside, but hey ,there are worse back up strikers on the market to be fair. Lets see where we are at the end of the window!

rebel

I think people are entitled to 'moan'. The transfers has been so protracted and again will end up with 3 / 4 signings last day of the window, the season is under way, we already have long term injuries. Why are we playing friendlies with Villa etc when the season is well under way, to facilitate the new signings. It's o.k. saying everything is o.k., we haven't got depth / quality in the squad.   

WolverineFFC

Duffy has looked the part as well. Today he came in and gave the club that solidity in the back 5 to help close out the 3 points with confidence. Not sure if Brentford actually got the ball into the box after he entered.

tslyon

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 20, 2022, 06:25:55 PM

Duffy has looked the part as well. Today he came in and gave the club that solidity in the back 5 to help close out the 3 points with confidence. Not sure if Brentford actually got the ball into the box after he entered.

He IS quite towering isn't he?!?!

Cheers,

Steve

jayffc

Quote from: rebel on August 20, 2022, 06:24:12 PM
I think people are entitled to 'moan'. The transfers has been so protracted and again will end up with 3 / 4 signings last day of the window, the season is under way, we already have long term injuries. Why are we playing friendlies with Villa etc when the season is well under way, to facilitate the new signings. It's o.k. saying everything is o.k., we haven't got depth / quality in the squad.   

You're welcome to think that.

Really not particularly interested in continuing to turn this into a thread solely about moaning... it was one part of the OP...

But if you still think moaning no end, every day, all summer, was warranted, and not a waste of energy, even with hindsight of finding out this team actually can compete with what it's got, in the short term, fine. Crack on
Loads of us didn't and still dont. Most people on the other side of that debate also concede that theyd love to have signings in early like anyone else, just that they didn't see the situation as being as deeply desperate as others did....Personally it seems that notion has been somewhat vindicated, again if you disagree thats no problem

The point was never that we shouldn't be aiming to bring in more transfers or trying to do them early if possible, no one was suggesting that - the point was always whether the level of panic and over-the-top vitriol espoused *by some* , at members of the board (and aimed at other posters too) was really neccessary, or in fact, a waste of energy.Given the argument was often that - if we didn't sign all the players we needed early  - we were doomed to the same mistakes of surrendering the first few games... that notion has been well and truly put to bed in my opinion.... The team has quality, and enough to be competitive for now, we added some great additions ....and we clearly are still in the market for more players. The club are clearly looking to bring in more options, and come the end of the window well be sitting on a minimum of 5 points from 5 games. So yes, in hindsight, in my opinion, spending the summer so negatively has proven to be a complete waste of energy. No worries that you disagree thats fine by me.

jayffc

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 20, 2022, 06:25:55 PM

Yeh hes a nice piece to throw in to add physicality in the last few minutes of a game!

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2022, 05:10:08 PM
and currently in 4th place and rising.
I hate to be negative Woolly but that will be the highest position we will achieve this season and where we are now is brilliant and for me so unexpected!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jayffc

Quote from: davew on August 20, 2022, 06:53:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2022, 05:10:08 PM
and currently in 4th place and rising.
I hate to be negative Woolly but that will be the highest position we will achieve this season and where we are now is brilliant and for me so unexpected!

I certainly wasnt expecting to be on 5 points after those 3 games!
Great showing from the squad... now lets go out there this next week and a half and really bring in the cavalry!

davew

Quote from: jayffc on August 20, 2022, 06:07:22 PM
Not sure if intended or not but you missed my last paragraph from your quote. Think that sums up what I think more than what you've maybe read into it.

You edited it after I initially responded that's why it didnt feature in the quote. You can see that in the post time/edit stamps

Again...
If you read what I wrote - I said "You've been one of the borderline more reasonable ones that's leaned towards the negative at times....  but f me you know full well how this would have played out with ***the usual suspects*** had it not been this way. "

Clearly, I'm not addressing you personally and did go out of my way to make a differentiation that you've been on the side of the more reasonable as it goes .... and yet you are continuing to drag this out at this point

Enjoy the day its been a good one, it was never meant to be this extra and carry on so lets drop it. I made my point , pretty lightly by some of this boards standards, and I stand by what was said - AND Im glad were all enjoying the start to the season
COYW
Chill out guys, there will be plenty of times this season for us to criticise each other but today isn't 1 of them. Enjoy your evening, I will!

FFC1987

Quote from: davew on August 20, 2022, 07:00:47 PM

Again...

COYW
Chill out guys, there will be plenty of times this season for us to criticise each other but today isn't 1 of them. Enjoy your evening, I will!

I'm chill. Enjoying a Wagas and a wine and wearing my shirt out.  :wine:

Jules

Fantastic start by the whites, let's keep it going! Mitro's on fire, gotta love it! Stuff Brentford!  049:gif

davew

So we are agreed then, tonight is an occasion to share a drink and toast the Whites, sorry but I started just over 2 hours ago, never touched a drop during the match, must be a first (lol).

jayffc

Quote from: davew on August 20, 2022, 07:00:47 PM

Again...

COYW

Been chill all day ha!
Absolutely enjoying it,  its a great day for the Flum!

FFC1987

Not sure what the general feeling is for Palace fans but I was wearing the shirt tonight in a pub in Reigate and the banter from a group of lads there, about 15 of them. All seemed to really like Fulham and as me and my friends left they started doing Mitro on Fire chants. Bizarre but glad to see even fellow London club fans wishing us well.

hovewhite

I'm enjoying the start of this season ,how can anyone moan or for that matter moaning about people saying they are enjoying it.I don't know what next lol

HV71

I quite like Palace and their fans . Decent club - never really getting above themselves - and their fans really do create an atmosphere
( something we appear to be getting better at - many in the Riverside today were singing and chanting ) COYW!