more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 games in

Started by jayffc, August 20, 2022, 05:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: HV71 on August 20, 2022, 09:14:46 PM
I quite like Palace and their fans . Decent club - never really getting above themselves - and their fans really do create an atmosphere
( something we appear to be getting better at - many in the Riverside today were singing and chanting ) COYW!

My only gripe with them now is......they got Andersen and he's so damn good for them!

filham

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 20, 2022, 06:05:45 PM
The quality of the new signings has been a massive reason for our start. Palhina, Pereira, and even Mbabu's cameo today have been huge. So far I couldn't ask for a better integration of new players into an already confident and spirited side.
Agree and Leno looked solid today so we have hope for a good season.

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2022, 09:38:54 PM
I quite like Palace and their fans . Decent club - never really getting above themselves - and their fans really do create an atmosphere
( something we appear to be getting better at - many in the Riverside today were singing and chanting ) COYW!

My only gripe with them now is......they got Andersen and he's so damn good for them!

Agree it really hurts to see Anderson dominating for them. Brilliant defender for us. Maybe one day when we're back in Europe ay ha!
As for Palace fans always found them to be a good bunch, and make a good atmosphere aswell. My least disliked of any Prem London club really, albeit I dont mind Arsenal generally either

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on August 20, 2022, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2022, 09:38:54 PM

Agree it really hurts to see Anderson dominating for them. Brilliant defender for us. Maybe one day when we're back in Europe ay ha!
As for Palace fans always found them to be a good bunch, and make a good atmosphere aswell. My least disliked of any Prem London club really, albeit I dont mind Arsenal generally either

Yeh, never had issues with them. Went in with the shirt on and instantly they were welcoming, probably helped that both our teams won today though! Mitro chants were class though.

cottage expat

Quote from: Tabby on August 20, 2022, 05:18:43 PM
And this is with Wilson and Solomon injured, Diop and Duffy hardly introduced and more signings to come  049:gif

Really positive about this season.

+1

TheCeiling

Quote from: Tabby on August 20, 2022, 05:18:43 PM
And this is with Wilson and Solomon injured, Diop and Duffy hardly introduced and more signings to come  049:gif

Really positive about this season.
Can't wait for Wilson and Solomon to come back.

I'd wish to Kluivert as much success as possible in a Fulham shirt, but he's not in Solomon's quality and potential level.

Diop is another player I'm very intrigued to see being integrated later on who can increase our ceiling.

rebel

Quote from: jayffc on August 20, 2022, 06:50:05 PM
Quote from: rebel on August 20, 2022, 06:24:12 PM
I think people are entitled to 'moan'. The transfers has been so protracted and again will end up with 3 / 4 signings last day of the window, the season is under way, we already have long term injuries. Why are we playing friendlies with Villa etc when the season is well under way, to facilitate the new signings. It's o.k. saying everything is o.k., we haven't got depth / quality in the squad.   

You're welcome to think that.

Really not particularly interested in continuing to turn this into a thread solely about moaning... it was one part of the OP...

But if you still think moaning no end, every day, all summer, was warranted, and not a waste of energy, even with hindsight of finding out this team actually can compete with what it's got, in the short term, fine. Crack on
Loads of us didn't and still dont. Most people on the other side of that debate also concede that theyd love to have signings in early like anyone else, just that they didn't see the situation as being as deeply desperate as others did....Personally it seems that notion has been somewhat vindicated, again if you disagree thats no problem

The point was never that we shouldn't be aiming to bring in more transfers or trying to do them early if possible, no one was suggesting that - the point was always whether the level of panic and over-the-top vitriol espoused *by some* , at members of the board (and aimed at other posters too) was really neccessary, or in fact, a waste of energy.Given the argument was often that - if we didn't sign all the players we needed early  - we were doomed to the same mistakes of surrendering the first few games... that notion has been well and truly put to bed in my opinion.... The team has quality, and enough to be competitive for now, we added some great additions ....and we clearly are still in the market for more players. The club are clearly looking to bring in more options, and come the end of the window well be sitting on a minimum of 5 points from 5 games. So yes, in hindsight, in my opinion, spending the summer so negatively has proven to be a complete waste of energy. No worries that you disagree thats fine by me.

Total nonsense, you need to read and have knowledge of my posts.

'even with hindsight of finding out this team actually can compete with what it's got, in the short term, fine. Crack on'