more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 games in

Started by jayffc, August 20, 2022, 05:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

What a start to the season!!... 5 points from 3

All the doom-squad naysayers spending months on end - every day, being negative and slagging off the club and people for saying they weren't panicking...what a waste of time and energy that was.

Despite multiple injuries - This squad is competitive
Palhinha has been a great addition
Mbabu can seriously cross a ball
Youth stepping in admirably (well done Stanno!)
We still have Diop and Duffy to join the party if Silva deems either of the back 2 as drop-able after today.

Despite one of our major signings picking up an injury - we are close to Kluivert and another coming in on the wings.
Plenty enough quality, evidently,  to compete - while we add players without panicking and getting wrecked financially.

Silva doing a terrific job it must be said - absolute credit where its due there too, and it was the board who put him there in the first place. Great start to the season - UP THE FULHAM!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Very Impressive so far ✌️✌️👍

Away to Arsenal next though, that is a toughie, please get a point Fulham.

blingo

You've said it perfectly.  Unbeaten.

Woolly Mammoth

and currently in 4th place and rising.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jayffc

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on August 20, 2022, 05:06:26 PM
Very Impressive so far ✌️✌️👍

Havent we been
Look very at home at this level , we were brilliant last season and Im proud of the squad carrying over that form.
Still, credit to the team and Silva absolutely for powering on despite being a little light in depth. They have the quality and spirit and have given us breathing room to explore the market without getting ripped off like Forest... who we are above of course... love to see it.

Tabby

And this is with Wilson and Solomon injured, Diop and Duffy hardly introduced and more signings to come  049:gif

Really positive about this season.

jayffc

Quote from: Tabby on August 20, 2022, 05:18:43 PM
And this is with Wilson and Solomon injured, Diop and Duffy hardly introduced and more signings to come  049:gif

Really positive about this season.

Been very happy throughout the summer with the quality of signings we were bringing in. we all woulda liked to have more options over the line....but doesnt always work out that way,  ultimately weve done alot of the work already getting the squad to this position prior to this Window....now weve added some real quality and plenty in the kitty for some more top signings. Looking a much more attractive proposition sitting where we are coming in to the end of the window too. COYW

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on August 20, 2022, 05:05:07 PM

All the doom-squad naysayers spending months on end - every day, being negative and slagging off the club and people for saying they weren't panicking...what a waste of time and energy that was.

We still have Diop and Duffy to join the party if Silva deems either of the back 2 as drop-able after today.

Despite one of our major signings picking up an injury - we are close to Kluivert and another coming in on the wings.
Plenty enough quality, evidently,  to compete - while we add players without panicking and getting wrecked financially.

Silva doing a terrific job it must be said - absolute credit where its due there too, and it was the board who put him there in the first place. Great start to the season - UP THE FULHAM!

Is this really necessary after we're all buzzing right now?

General

Hang on. Calm down. It is a great feeling to be taking the game to teams but for a lot of that match it was close to a completely different conversation post match. We're only 3 games in and whilst it was particularly satisfying to win, in many ways Brentford did better than us aside from the opening 20 minutes.

Definitely cause for cautious optimism and its refreshing to see this team, this set of players and manager and it does feel like we may have what it takes to stay up (with a few more additions), but there's a long way to go.

Mitro gets injured and we currently haven't got anyone to cover. Palhinha? I think we'll bring in that depth which would be great but let's not get carried away.

TheCeiling

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2022, 05:10:08 PM
and currently in 4th place and rising.
We're guaranteed to finish this round at least in the 9'th place at worst. We can finish even more up of course, depends on what Brighton, Newcastle, Leeds, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bournemouth will do on their matches.

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2022, 05:30:28 PM

Yes

It's absolutely worth noting

Glad everyone has been enjoying it and getting over their unneccesary summer of doom!
Don't take it too seriously this was pretty mild considering, lord knows if it hadn't been this way you can imagine what the state of this board would be....

COYW

Fulham Tup North

Amazing start...Arsenal will be a massive test.. ⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on August 20, 2022, 05:34:16 PM

Yes

Glad everyone has been enjoying it and getting over their unneccesary summer of doom!
Don't take it too seriously this was pretty mild considering, lord knows if it hadn't been this way you can imagine what the state of this board would be....

COYW

Think it says more about you feeling gratification piling on here rather than simply enjoying it with your fellow fans. Things could turn sour  over the next 5 games and posting this now will just stoke up responses from the more vocal section of 'doom and gloomers' as people put it.

Just enjoy it dude. We all want Fulham to do well and continue and stay up regardless of how full (or empty) your glass is.  :wine:

jayffc

Quote from: General on August 20, 2022, 05:33:06 PM
Hang on. Calm down. It is a great feeling to be taking the game to teams but for a lot of that match it was close to a completely different conversation post match. We're only 3 games in and whilst it was particularly satisfying to win, in many ways Brentford did better than us aside from the opening 20 minutes.

Definitely cause for cautious optimism and its refreshing to see this team, this set of players and manager and it does feel like we may have what it takes to stay up (with a few more additions), but there's a long way to go.

Mitro gets injured and we currently haven't got anyone to cover. Palhinha? I think we'll bring in that depth which would be great but let's not get carried away.

No ones saying were gonna win the league mate were just enjoying the start to the season as we rightly should
Lots to do, and plenty of squad depth to be addressed, no one is saying otherwise

We "could" have come away with a different result, sure - we also could (and arguably should) have gone 3-1 up easily through the 1 on 1 chance youd usually bet on Mitro to score - but we didnt. End of the day, regardless we've been competitive.

And now we've got a week and a half to do address further transfers-  given the squad has proven itself capable of competing,  and the daily fears of "throwing away all of the early games by not acting now"...a bit of a distant memory.
Up the Fulham , looking forward to the end of the window!

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2022, 05:38:19 PM
Quote from: jayffc on August 20, 2022, 05:34:16 PM

Yes

COYW

Think it says more about you feeling gratification piling on here rather than simply enjoying it with your fellow fans. Things could turn sour  over the next 5 games and posting this now will just stoke up responses from the more vocal section of 'doom and gloomers' as people put it.

Just enjoy it dude. We all want Fulham to do well and continue and stay up regardless of how full (or empty) your glass is.  :wine:

"Think it says more about you"
get over yourself with language like this - it's really not that deep no need to drag this into the personal, I'm enjoying it wholeheartedly don't worry

You've been one of the borderline more reasonable ones that's leaned towards the negative at times....  but f me you know full well how this would have played out with the usual suspects had it not been this way. Board would be relentlessly vitriolic - this is pretty tame - literally all that was said was clearly all of that time spent was a waste of energy,

Lets be honest - it's hit a nerve because its hit the ego in this instance, but my advice would be to take in good humor and move on!
COYW

TheCeiling

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 20, 2022, 05:34:30 PM
They're probably in the best form in the league so far if we're not considering ManCity.

Out on their home field, an extremely tough test. Anything other than a loss will be a huge surprise, but I'm never writing us off the way we're looking in this season so far!

FFC1987

So you think I'd rather see Fulham do badly so concerns I had about the team in pre season would earn out? And you think I'm the one being personal?

With all due respect, we're unbeaten in 3, just beat our local rivals in a cracking match and your go to is to run to a forum and dig posters out. How else are people supposed to take it? Just enjoy it for christs sake!

For what it's worth, if we had lost 3/3 and we're going into 3 more tough fixtures and the place was toxic, as I have done previously, I'd still enjoy chatting to a lot of you guys, hence why I just don't get the need to cause further division on the board. But hey, that's just me.

jayffc

Quote from: TheCeiling on August 20, 2022, 05:46:43 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 20, 2022, 05:34:30 PM
They're probably in the best form in the league so far if we're not considering ManCity.

Out on their home field, an extremely tough test. Anything other than a loss will be a huge surprise, but I'm never writing us off the way we're looking in this season so far!

This is true
I think thats a tough one to get a result in, they look fantastic and Jesus a revelation there... suspect that could be our first loss, but regardless, at least we're sat comfortably with points on the board going into it

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2022, 05:48:44 PM
So you think I'd rather see Fulham do badly so concerns I had about the team in pre season would earn out? And you think I'm the one being personal?

With all due respect, we're unbeaten in 3, just beat our local rivals in a cracking match and your go to is to run to a forum and dig posters out. How else are people supposed to take it? Just enjoy it for christs sake!

Omg mate
let it go

No... I never said youd rather that, and I never suggested or even thought you would, so stop over egging it and making this more than it is

you feel pressed because you think someones had a massive dig. We usually react that way as humans when there's some truth to whats been said. But it really wasn't that deep.

its gentle as hell and ya being over sensative now... Literally - all that was said is - it was a waste of energy being so negative all summer... and it was then , and it is now

Enjoy the victory
I dont think you shouldnt and Im glad ya enjoying the games as we all are, let it go

FFC1987

Not sure if intended or not but you missed my last paragraph from your quote. Think that sums up what I think more than what you've maybe read into it.