more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 21, 2022, 03:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 21, 2022, 03:35:35 PM
Not great at all. Chelsea and WHU never going to get relegated. Same with Utd. Not good having these trams down there with actual relegation candidates picking up points. Going to be a really tough league this year.

Exactly this. Forget everyone else. Theres only 6 teams we need to worry about this year. Bournemouth, Forest, Leeds, Southampton, Everton and Brentford. And all of them have picked up wins aside from Everton

rebel

Quote from: SouthernWhite on August 21, 2022, 04:24:24 PM
If anyone considers I am being negative and not realistic because I say a newly promoted team will fight for relegation, then you need to get off cloud nine. I am not being an awful fan, I think that 90% of club staff think exactly the same.

What's our goal for the season then? Champions League? Get off it.

And please don't say something like "mid table". That's not a goal, that's a consequence of being outside relegation spots.

That said I still think that Brighton or Leeds will end up below Man U, Chelsea or Wet Spam.

Have you posted that on the predictions thread?

rebel

Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham (first half) etc, there are already blueprints of how to play these teams. They are 'beatable'.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: SouthernWhite on August 21, 2022, 04:24:24 PM
If anyone considers I am being negative and not realistic because I say a newly promoted team will fight for relegation, then you need to get off cloud nine. I am not being an awful fan, I think that 90% of club staff think exactly the same.

I think many people here is confusing 'goals' or 'expectations' with end product. Do I think we can finish comfortably in mid table? Of course, especially if we sign more quality players to beef up the squad. Do I want to finish up there in the table? Absolutely.

But I am realistic and my expectations is that we don't go down. Easy as.

That said I still think that Brighton or Leeds will end up below Man U, Chelsea or Wet Spam.

Nobody is saying that they will be relegated,it's just great that they get shut up now and then...
I'd go as far as to say that Brighton want be near relegation,they are a decent side with a good manager.

Pluto

West Ham could absolutely go down. That squad is vastly overrated and it's about time they came down to Earth. Look at Everton last season.

Tabby

Wouldn't count West Ham, Villa or Everton out of a relegation scrap. West Ham were comfortably mid table for a year with Pellegrini before they almost got relegated the season after and appointed Moyes. Same story with Slven Bilic (also Moyes stepping in).

Also have no idea why people keep tipping Brighton to go down, they've been one of he more quietly impressive teams ever since Potter took over. They just need hat final piece to hit and they could be challenging for really good positions.

Woolly Mammoth

If Fulham finish in the bottom 3 then it has to be because we are not good enough no matter who ends up above us.
If Fulham finish above at least 3 other teams it's because we were good enough to stay up.

We have no control over what happens in other games.
We only have control of what we do, and any club that wishes to be worthy of staying in the Premier League should only concentrate on ensuring they get the minimum points required and not rely on other clubs misfortunes, that is for the timid, the meek and the mild.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 21, 2022, 10:21:01 PM
If Fulham finish in the bottom 3 then it has to be because we are not good enough no matter who ends up above us.
If Fulham finish above at least 3 other teams it's because we were good enough to stay up.

We have no control over what happens in other games.
We only have control of what we do, and any club that wishes to be worthy of staying in the Premier League should only concentrate on ensuring they get the minimum points required and not rely on other clubs misfortunes, that is for the timid, the meek and the mild.

This. The Woolly knows best.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

The whole dynamic of a league centres around how good a team is in comparison to its competitors, so it very much matters how our direct competitors do. If our best is 38 points, whether that ends up being good enough or not is determined by how 19 other teams do. Unless you want to believe that Man Utd or Chelsea are going to get relegated it does matter how teams like Leeds do. We've had 3 good results so far and the team is looking good, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think this season is going to be a breeze. Chances are, it will be a tough fight to avoid relegation. Admitting this doesn't make me a coward or a bad fan, it's just being realistic.

For what its worth I absolutely do think we have the quality to stay up, particularly with our manager who I believe to be outstanding.

filham

Quote from: Thailand Mick on August 21, 2022, 04:13:50 PM
We must remember that this season is different to other seasons, there is a more condensed fixture list for the first half and then all these big clubs will lose so many players to the world Cup. Those players will be playing in a very hot climate and then will have to come back to the English winter. Many players that went to the Afcon last season came back and didn't reach their performances from pre tournament. I know its unlikely but not impossible a big club could get relegated then wait for the excuses about having the world Cup mid season.
Remember the big six have sufficient quality players to make up two or even three teams. If their first team return with world cup fatigue they simply field their second XI. There is no way any one of them will be relegated.

hovewhite

My shock relagation possible, Leciester city.can see them struggling.

Woolly Mammoth

I do not think anybody is actually saying these so called big teams will get relegated because of their  poor start. Although anything can happen in football, but it is good to be able to envisage that happening to shuffle the pack.

There is just some joviality surrounding it to see how easy they can come unstuck on the day if the opponents are prepared to run further faster and longer, add that to injuries occurring and the odd player being dismissed from the field of play, and you have mixed a glorious cocktail called " The unexpected ".
Realistically and the likelihood is that after ten games the Division will start to see a pattern and the picture would have changed.
To survive and improve it is all about consistency and confidence and everyone enjoys the rub of the green and a 50/50 decision going our way.
I would rather be lucky than unlucky, and you can make your own luck.

We have to remember though never to get ourselves in a position to rely on other teams around us dropping points, and to avoid that we look after ourselves by ensuring we enable ourselves to take points off as many games as possible no matter who we play, that way we will have no need to keep looking over our shoulders.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobby01

Quote from: hovewhite on August 22, 2022, 10:42:06 AM

If they lose fofana and tielmans they will really be in trouble
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Wingnut

Quote from: hovewhite on August 22, 2022, 10:42:06 AM

If Leicester sell Fofana and Tielemans, they'll struggle. West Ham are playing Aston Villa at the weekend. That's a big game for both clubs. Another defeat for Villa or West Ham and the vultures will start to circle.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2022, 10:46:51 AM
I do not think anybody is actually saying these so called big teams will get relegated because of their  poor start. Although anything can happen in football, but it is good to be able to envisage that happening to shuffle the pack.

There is just some joviality surrounding it to see how easy they can come unstuck on the day if the opponents are prepared to run further faster and longer, add that to injuries occurring and the odd player being dismissed from the field of play, and you have mixed a glorious cocktail called " The unexpected ".
Realistically and the likelihood is that after ten games the Division will start to see a pattern and the picture would have changed.
To survive and improve it is all about consistency and confidence and everyone enjoys the rub of the green and a 50/50 decision going our way.
I would rather be lucky than unlucky, and you can make your own luck.

We have to remember though never to get ourselves in a position to rely on other teams around us dropping points, and to avoid that we look after ourselves by ensuring we enable ourselves to take points off as many games as possible no matter who we play, that way we will have no need to keep looking over our shoulders.

Fair enough, I agree with your point. Good post.

fulhamfever

2nd season syndrome in Europe they will feel it

H4usuallysitting

In my humble...have as many down there as possible