more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A curious question

Started by perry geyton, August 25, 2022, 08:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on August 25, 2022, 09:59:08 PM
A lot of us wear glasses that automatically tint in bright light so we have no need for sunglasses. Perhaps this technology is not available in developing countries.
Yeah we  call em grandpa glasses over here

Shades are far more effective

Somerset Fulham

I don't need glasses to read (yet) but always wear sunglasses when they are required. I do a lot of trail running up on the Mendips and they are pretty much a requirement up there unless you are running at night.

However, whatever the weather or the location I will not ever, ever wear sandals.

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 25, 2022, 10:43:35 PM
I don't need glasses to read (yet) but always wear sunglasses when they are required. I do a lot of trail running up on the Mendips and they are pretty much a requirement up there unless you are running at night.

However, whatever the weather or the location I will not ever, ever wear sandals.
I said the same untill someone purchased me a pair of Birkenstocks,

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: perry geyton on August 25, 2022, 11:27:32 PM

I wear little else....try them with short socks, shorts, tank top & a pipe.... it'll be hours before the fashion police arrest you

perry geyton

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 26, 2022, 04:42:32 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 25, 2022, 11:27:32 PM

I wear little else....try them with short socks, shorts, tank top & a pipe.... it'll be hours before the fashion police arrest you
That's called style mate, nothing wrong with that

perry geyton

Seriously though SUNGLASSES people, give em a try

There not just for holidays in exotic countries you know

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

On a similar vein, like most other guys, when growing up, it's wasn't cool to use sunscreen lotion.
macho boys didn't need it.
Now many years later, I have had several chunks taken out of my head, fortunately not melanomia..
So, wearing some sort of hat is essential as well
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I never thought that British people were particularly adverse to sunglasses, but we don't get that much sun here.

As a cyclist I have trouble  being blinded by the  rising sun, but haven't found sunglasses much use, so wear a cap - why don't more keepers wear caps these days?

I also find sunglasses can limit your general vision, important if you're road cycling, when the sun goes in; though pro cyclists wear them all the time, but probably have very expensive models - or better eyesight than me, or both!

But I tend to think that wearing sunglasses to watch a a game would generally make it harder for me to see what was going on.

bobbo

I would wear them but folk get mixed up as to whether I'm a pop star or a welder.

And yes Perry that afternoon at wolves was a test of my resilience .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Twig

My optician is passionate about the need for good quality sun glasses. She recommends Maui Jim which I wear. Honestly people who ignore the need to protect their retina are crazy.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Twig on August 26, 2022, 10:02:50 PM
My optician is passionate about the need for good quality sun glasses. She recommends Maui Jim which I wear. Honestly people who ignore the need to protect their retina are crazy.

Stop being such a snowflake Twig, nobody died of it in the seventies.  :005:

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Twig on August 26, 2022, 10:02:50 PM
:plus one:  Wrap arounds?  Optician not in Horsham by chance?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

When the sun is shining i generally wear a Deep Sea Divers Helmet, which i find has always stood me in good stead no matter how hot it can get.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 26, 2022, 10:45:25 PM
When the sun is shining i generally wear a Deep Sea Divers Helmet, which i find has always stood me in good stead no matter how hot it can get.

That's so last year

perry geyton

I remember the UK in the mid 80's when I'd be wearing knee length shorts and slip on vans and I'd have blokes in Speedos taking the Piss out of me

Now there all wearing em

I'm not sure though if the shades thing will ever catch on, maybe as the sun gets hotter but I still doubt it

Woolly Mammoth

Some Tramp who i once met living in a cardboard box under Waterloo Bridge told me he reckons people only wear sun glasses so you cannot tell if they are looking at you or not.

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 27, 2022, 01:28:17 AM
Some Tramp who i once met living in a cardboard box under Waterloo Bridge told me he reckons people only wear sun glasses so you cannot tell if they are looking at you or not.
I only said that in jest, I have upgraded since, I now have an extension, those IKEA boxes can be really big.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on August 27, 2022, 09:52:12 AM
I only said that in jest, I have upgraded since, I now have an extension, those IKEA boxes can be really big.

I thought it may have been you Alfie but i could not be certain as you were wearing a pair of Foster Grants at the time. 😎

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Mother Nature disagrees with the premise posed in the curious questions and provided us with a seriously elaborate and wonderfully efficient pair of eyes which adjust to sunlight almost instantly.  Do indigenous people in the tropics wear shades or is it a facet of those people who spend a lot of time indoors and whose eyes need to adjust to sunlight changes not just on some summer days but in the winter and at night the whole year around (for the very opposite reason)? 

perry geyton

I definitely also wear em to stay low key, especially for avoiding stop and chats in supermarkets, also come in handy when your stoned and a bit para