watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A curious question

Started by perry geyton, August 25, 2022, 08:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Football related somewhat, regarding peoples resistance to wearing sunglasses in the UK, Wolves game for example our support was bathing in direct sun for almost 2 hours and I noticed hardly any of our support maybe 5 to 8% at a push were wearing shades ?
Most people were just using their hands as a sun shield , I find it very strange that in this day and age that British people still haven't learnt the art of wearing shades, I remember growing up there and people would mock people for wearing them, is this still the case ?  I live in LA now and everyone wears em constantly, even in the winter when the sun is brighter you actually need em even more so....
I know we don't get so much sun in the UK but still, I put it down to an old fashioned mentality were people just have some kind of phobia to them...

They also keep you younger looking because you squint less whilst wearing them

H4usuallysitting

You can only wear sunglasses if you're wearing a tank top

perry geyton

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 25, 2022, 08:12:05 PM
And there we have it 😆
A Tank top with burnt red arms

But come on seriously what is it ?

sunburywhite

I presume thats a knitted tank top
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

After midnight
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

There are lots of dull days in the UK where you really do not need them. When you do need them it comes as as a bit of a surprise. I think if you were watching Cricket that goes on all day you would take a pair of shades with you,but for a couple of hours watching footie it doesn't seem as important

perry geyton

Quote from: Andy S on August 25, 2022, 08:35:27 PM
There are lots of dull days in the UK where you really do not need them. When you do need them it comes as as a bit of a surprise. I think if you were watching Cricket that goes on all day you would take a pair of shades with you,but for a couple of hours watching footie it doesn't seem as important
Other then the fact that you could actually see what was going on in the game if you were wearing em that's without mentioning getting back and forth to the game, they come in handy for driving too believe it or not

MitroDelight

I received friendly banter when I pulled out sun lotion at that match. Hopefully the first and last away I'll need it at for a while - impossibly hot that day.

Didn't have sunglasses though, but did brave a bucket hat.

Southcoastffc

Big misunderstanding here. UV rays, which can damage skin and eyes, can actually be stronger on Cloudy days than on cloudless days. Good, and I stress   good, quality sunglasses can help minimise damage.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

Quote from: MitroDelight on August 25, 2022, 08:39:48 PM
I received friendly banter when I pulled out sun lotion at that match. Hopefully the first and last away I'll need it at for a while - impossibly hot that day.

Only in the UK, that's hillarious, next level

People taking the mick for wearing sunblock
Unreal

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 25, 2022, 08:30:40 PM

I presume thats a knitted tank top

Is there another type....has to be knitted by a relative & uncomfortably fitted

LC

It's a right of passage, the UK only has sun like 6 weeks of the year, so when the sun is out, you have to moan about it

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: MitroDelight on August 25, 2022, 08:39:48 PM

It depends where you are applying the sun tan lotion

perry geyton

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 25, 2022, 08:41:36 PM
Big misunderstanding here. UV rays, which can damage skin and eyes, can actually be stronger on Cloudy days than on cloudless days. Good, and I stress   good, quality sunglasses can help minimise damage.
There's that too
Clouds can be deceiving

No way in a million years anyone in the UK's gonna wear em on a grey day
Imagine the abuse you'd get

Fulham 442

I have minor eye issues and now live in Spain. I always wear good quality sunglasses when out and about during the day.

perry geyton

Quote from: LC on August 25, 2022, 08:43:17 PM
It's a right of passage, the UK only has sun like 6 weeks of the year, so when the sun is out, you have to moan about it
Definately a case of that
But come on let's move on now it's 2022

perry geyton

Only person I saw wearing em at the Brentford game was Shahid

Cobh Fulham Fan

That was a curious question alright Gerry  1500.gif

St Eve

I think Parker was wearing sunglasses when he was watching Mitro and then wrote him off

filham

A lot of us wear glasses that automatically tint in bright light so we have no need for sunglasses. Perhaps this technology is not available in developing countries.