watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs vs Fulham: Pre-match thread Merged

Started by love4ffc, August 30, 2022, 11:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Spurs might make changes, so hopefully a strong performance from us, more points on the board.

Deeping_white

Conte said he was going to rotate for this one as they've got the Champions League on Wednesday so that might play in our favour

Mr White

We win it in the last 10 mins 2-1,after spuds going for a winner.COYW,at moment its a dream but it could become reality.

elgreenio

hoping for them to rotate and us to hopefully be able to keep our effort levels.

Willian to come off the bench and nick a point, 1-1
touch my camera through the fence

Southdowns White

Heart says 2-1 Fulham head says 2- 1 Totspors, bit of diving and playacting on their part to win it. Fulham will make two changes to our starting line up tomorrow and go strong vs Walham Green next week.

Slaphead in Qatar

I am a member but cannot buy tickets today online - is it sold out?

General

Will be an interesting game. No idea which way it'll go.

Yes they're high up in the league but they've arguably had easier games then us based on the table so far and been unconvincing despite getting results.

They beat forest 2-0, but that wasn't a real reflection of how forest played, more the fact Kane had a charmed life on goal.

They beat wolves 1-0 who are still in 18th, the drew to west ham 1-1 who are currently in 14th. They thrashed Southampton who are the team below us and drew to Chelsea who are 10th, both teams having had inconsistent starts.

It being away gives Tottenham the edge 100%, but now the window has shut I expect our squad and bench to start taking more shape and we've now got options off the bench.

We've proven at arsenal that Silva is a good tactician and our squad are well drilled in particular defensively, so I think this could be a close game.

Head says fulham could dominate at some point in first half and score the goals needed to mean Tottenham have to fight back.. then it depends on how capable they are at doing that and how our defence holds out.

A lot of spurs fans seem to think that they'll be a lot better off if romero is back in their team, but in mitros form I think you can never bet against him.

elgreenio

yes, sold out a couple of days ago
touch my camera through the fence

Woolly Mammoth

After the recent transfer ins this week, our bench will be better equipped and Silva will have more options which i am sure has brought a smile to his face.
The last time we played there we drew so no reason why we cannot do a job and get a result.
Of course it will not be easy but there is no easy game.
But so far we are nobody's push over and because of our promising start that in itself will breed confidence and team spirit.
We can keep it ticking over by more of the same.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2022, 10:27:00 AM
Conte said he was going to rotate for this one as they've got the Champions League on Wednesday so that might play in our favour

That's interesting to read. Imagine djed and sessegnon have chances of starting then.

Who is their likely mixed/second string lineup?

Pretty punchy to go with changes so early in the season when we've not exactly been playing badly.

ChesterTheTabby

I always feel pessimistic facing Spurs. Not that they're necessarily a great team, but they annoy me and I can see Kane winning it at the end for them.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

glenhodgso

I have a couple of tickets and cannot now go.

Ticket office couldn't help so happy to pass them on to a member / seasoned poster.

DM me please.

General

Quote from: glenhodgso on September 02, 2022, 02:55:36 PM
I have a couple of tickets and cannot now go.

Ticket office couldn't help so happy to pass them on to a member / seasoned poster.

DM me please.

Can take them if both adult. Have messaged.

cwindsor

As Willian is now signed and has been training with the squad for a while, should we expect to see him on the bench tomorrow?

filham

Interesting thought. So many new players that need game time to ensure they are ready for duty when needed but if the Spurs game is tight with say 15 minutes to play it is going to be hard to withdraw Robinson who is playing so well.

Huxley

bench will be Rodak, Mbamu, Willian, Vinicius, Diop, Duffy, Chalobah, Cairney, Stansfield.... a lot more firepower than last week!

cwindsor

Quote from: Huxley on September 02, 2022, 04:14:54 PM
bench will be Rodak, Mbamu, Willian, Vinicius, Diop, Duffy, Chalobah, Cairney, Stansfield.... a lot more firepower than last week!

Although I would love to see it, I would be very surprised to see Vinicius on the bench with, at best, one day on the training ground.

Marcus

yes, he will be on the bench, and he will be given a chance to show his quality...

Deeping_white

Quote from: cwindsor on September 02, 2022, 04:22:12 PM
Quote from: Huxley on September 02, 2022, 04:14:54 PM

Although I would love to see it, I would be very surprised to see Vinicius on the bench with, at best, one day on the training ground.

Well we had Terry Ablade on the bench against Brighton so it's not going to be hard to dislodge the current incumbent

FulhamForThought

https://www.fulhamfc.com/?videoPlayer=0_4ikqpgdv

Press conference suggests that Willian will make the matchday squad. Understandably Marco doesn't reveal whether he will make the starting eleven.