watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs vs Fulham: Pre-match thread Merged

Started by love4ffc, August 30, 2022, 11:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Next up is Tottenham who are currently sitting in third.  They are also one of the last three teams who remain unbeaten.  This will be another tough fixture in my eyes but after what I have seen from Fulham so far this season, one that I think the Fulham players should be up for. 

I don't see MS making any changes but obviously he will need to at some point to do some rotations for team and player management.  Perhaps getting Tom on sooner or even letting Stansfield get more minutes could be beneficial.  Even if Fulham get some players in by deadline day, I can't see them starting on Saturday.  Not until he can at least run them through some practices allowing them to learn his ways and system. 

So, what is the team everyone would like to see put out and what kind of score line do you all for see?     
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rock

2-1 Spurs with a deflection and "mug job" in the box 89th minute. It's fixed.

rebel

I watched Spurs last match, they looked 'pants' first half, better second half, but not 'feared'.

I think, Spurs 1 - 2 Fulham.

Tabby

Think this will be a loss. 3-1.

ChesterTheTabby

Have a similar feeling heading into the Arsenal game. We will keep it tonight, but Kane will pull some billshit
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

rusty shackleford

Kane will dive to win a penalty in the 84th minute to beat us

Black and White Town

Tight, tough game.
Can see us getting a point, or a close loss.
1-1 or 2-1

ffcthereligion

3-1 or 2-1 spurs with sess to score and refuse to celebrate

Chrismmo

Unchanged team.

2-0 Spuds (Lets hope they keep on proving me wrong)

Fernhurst

Couple of red cards tonight when Spurs play WHU would be handy.
24 hrs more rest in our boys legs may make a difference. 
So enjoying this season I'll go for 1-2 Fulham.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Wingnut

They are playing midweek against Marseille and have Man City next weekend. Conte will want to get off to a winning start in the CL, and he has to play his strongest XI against Man City. With that in mind, I think he'll rotate against us. I think this will be a tight game, that they will win by the odd goal, but we can take a point from this if we are at our best.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thailand Mick

Would love to predict a Fulham win but I think this will be a comfortable 2-0 win for spurs. Doesn't Harry Kane always score against us.

davew

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 31, 2022, 02:59:34 PM
3-1 or 2-1 spurs with sess to score and refuse to celebrate
Think that is a fair prediction.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

LC

I would take a draw. Nottingham forest gave them a tough game so I expect us to have chances.

Only 4 more wins needed until the new year- that's the target

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Tabby

bog

As I recall the last time we were there under our former boss we managed a 1-1 and could have won if Leftus-Quick finished a move properly. Another 1-1 would be nice.

092.gif 

Sgt Fulham

Hope the boys prove me wrong once again but I'm going for 2-1 Spurs. Their front line is absolutely lethal and can score from nothing, more so than Arsenal imo.

Bokonon

538.com has us at ~30% chance to get something from the match, which is heartening. Still think 2-1 or 2-0 Spurs though.

Cobh Fulham Fan

No, no, no.   Its easier to be cautious than optimistic, but then there is also belief and faith in ones team.  Of all our first five games so far, ive read predictions on here telling us we were going to lose because we were up against superior teams, some on great starts to this season etc etc.

No, I think we have seen enough evidence so far to show we are up for this league and more than showed we can dance with the big teams - we could have beat Liverpool, Wolves, and drawn with Arsenal.   Why should we treat Spurs with more respect, or fear than we did with Liverpool and Arsenal?   

Yes, it could finish with a 2-1 loss, OR, it might also finish like it did last night against Brighton with a 2-1 win!