watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tottenham Spurs 2 v 1 Fulham Post Match Thread

Started by Benny, September 03, 2022, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enfield

Surely it depends which way the ball is played, if it's played slightly forward it's offside if played back it's onside

The Old Count

Three games in 8 days. A  lot of work, a lot of emotion for the players. Sometimes it can be hard to get going early on. We were at 90% first half. Marco alluded to it when he said 'First thing rest. Then prepare for next week '.  But well done to the lads. We kept going, improved and with a bit of luck we might have nicked something.

Tabby

Quote from: Enfield on September 04, 2022, 09:15:54 AM
Surely it depends which way the ball is played, if it's played slightly forward it's offside if played back it's onside

Direction the ball goes doesnt matter, only the position it was when it was played.

bobby01

It's a game of fine margins, where have I heard that
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WindyCity

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 03, 2022, 07:02:29 PM
I actually feel better today knowing that a below par performance and playing a top side still didn't see us get turned over. Thanks to some great keeping as well as defending. So not great today for the performance but not a bad result.

Thank goodness it will be easier next week. Oh hang on.

Actually, I felt confident in this team after the first two games, and felt it looked as if FFC can and could compete in this league.  True, the result v Spurs wasn't a 'bad' result, but I have been encouraged from the beginning of the season.

I think you're wrong about your second comment, about things getting easier.  Nothing is easy or gets easier in this league.  Every game a challenge for a club like newly promoted FFC.  Fingers crossed for a 'good' result this Sat at CC.  COYW

Palhinha Colada

We easily could have lost 4-0 today, but much of that was because Robinson went off injured, so I don't want to overreact. I thought we were generally "fine" for the first 30 minutes. Spurs also played their best match of the season, IMO.

Deuce

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 04, 2022, 02:03:23 AM
Some of you must have been watching a different game than me. We could easily have been down 4-0 at half time. Leno and the woodwork saved us from a Parker-style thrashing. Luckily we don't suffer from Parker's negative tactics anymore so we kept fighting and looked a lot better the last 20 minutes but Spurs deserved 3 points today, they were a class above us.
I agree. Spurs were a class above us, but no shame in that. I predicted them to finish top 3 at the start of the season, and the way they are playing and getting points in I wouldnt be surprised if they finish above Liverpool.

That being said. We performed well against a much better opponent. And yes, we had some luck and Leno made som great saves (just as Lloris did) but Id say that we as a team made our own luck. We work hard, we're determined, its seems like we have a good squad moale and the players stick to Silvas ideas. This all adds up to a 2-1 defeat away at a still undefeated Spurs is not bad imo.

Sometimes the ability to ride out a storm like we did in the first half is a strength in itself, regardless of how dominant the other side is. If we perform like that against City and Liverpool, Id be proud

WindyCity

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on September 04, 2022, 05:01:02 PM
We easily could have lost 4-0 today, but much of that was because Robinson went off injured, so I don't want to overreact. I thought we were generally "fine" for the first 30 minutes. Spurs also played their best match of the season, IMO.

I thought FFC put in a gritty performance and stayed close, stayed in the game.  Chance for equalizer late.  True, the woodwork and VAR kept us in the game, but, that's all part of the game and whether those go for or against you it doesn't really matter.  It is what it is.

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: WindyCity on September 04, 2022, 05:05:37 PM

I thought FFC put in a gritty performance and stayed close, stayed in the game.  Chance for equalizer late.  True, the woodwork and VAR kept us in the game, but, that's all part of the game and whether those go for or against you it doesn't really matter.  It is what it is.

It can be both. We kept working for 90 minutes, but 2-1 was extremely flattering on the balance. Again, though, that imbalance was caused by Jedi's injury. Mbabu was immediately responsible for Son's chance off the bar and then their first goal, and we spent the rest of the match trying to cover for his inadequacy. In defense, everything slid over toward the left, which opened up Tete's wing on switches of field, and in attack, we had nothing from his wing, as Mbabu apparently can't cross with his left foot.

Jedi coming off absolutely killed us and changed the match. So it's hard to conclude a ton other than "I hope Antonee's ankle injury isn't too bad." We're a team made of imperfect players, and one key absence can expose a lot.

alfie

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on September 04, 2022, 05:11:47 PM

It can be both. We kept working for 90 minutes, but 2-1 was extremely flattering on the balance. Again, though, that imbalance was caused by Jedi's injury. Mbabu was immediately responsible for Son's chance off the bar and then their first goal, and we spent the rest of the match trying to cover for his inadequacy. In defense, everything slid over toward the left, which opened up Tete's wing on switches of field, and in attack, we had nothing from his wing, as Mbabu apparently can't cross with his left foot.

Jedi coming off absolutely killed us and changed the match. So it's hard to conclude a ton other than "I hope Antonee's ankle injury isn't too bad." We're a team made of imperfect players, and one key absence can expose a lot.
Honestly Mbapu is a right back shoved into left back.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

St Eve

Quote from: alfie on September 04, 2022, 05:17:21 PM

Exactly. The wrong call by Marco. Mbapu hasn't really impressed at right back and this hardly helps his confidence

Somerset Fulham

Yeah.

You can't dig out a new signing who has been dragged on from cold into the wrong position against one of the best sides in the division, if not Europe.

rebel

I think Mbabu needs to do the 'simple' things, he doesn't need to 'impress', that will only lead to 'errors' at this stage.

Twig

We need to see Mbabu at RB for 90 mins and only then can we even begin to draw any proper conclusions.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: St Eve on September 04, 2022, 08:01:08 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 04, 2022, 05:17:21 PM

Exactly. The wrong call by Marco. Mbapu hasn't really impressed at right back and this hardly helps his confidence

Who do you think he should've brought on out of interest? I think he had no choice. Hopefully Kurzawa is ready soon.

MaidenheadMick

I'm pretty certain that if offered on average a point a game from Arsenal & Tottenham away and Brighton at home we'd have all taken it. On another note, pretty disappointed with the way Sessegnon celebrated Kanes goal. Most players celebrations who have a close affinity with the other team are very low key. Not Sessegnon. Went ballistic