watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tottenham Spurs 2 v 1 Fulham Post Match Thread

Started by Benny, September 03, 2022, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

He was even level with the ball when it was played.

Whitestone

Anyone who is concerned should take a look at the goals we conceded in our first six games in our last two seasons in the Prem. We've played Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs and have a zero goal difference this time round. We're moving in the right direction. Long may it continue. I was concerned about the defence but must single out Ream who has been very good. Please may I have a slice of humble pie.

colinwhite

Quote from: Tabby on September 03, 2022, 05:39:08 PM

but he wasn't though was he ?

Tabby

Quote from: colinwhite on September 03, 2022, 05:40:54 PM

Looked like he was to me. Would have been an insanely tight call if he was off.

hovewhite

I'm not sure what offside is anymore it seems to change every week.

Bill2

Dynamics changed after Robinson went off, not sure about Mbapu although he was on the wrong side. What did Perera do, thought he was poor and wasteful again. They were the better side but we scored the best goal.

colinwhite

Quote from: hovewhite on September 03, 2022, 05:44:09 PM

definitely agree with that. the people who are changing the rules have clearly never played the game either.

colinwhite

Quote from: Tabby on September 03, 2022, 05:43:38 PM

He has 90 per cent of his body in an offside position, which seems like a pretty decent reason  for disallowing the goal.

Tabby

Quote from: colinwhite on September 03, 2022, 05:47:12 PM
Quote from: Tabby on September 03, 2022, 05:43:38 PM

He has 90 per cent of his body in an offside position, which seems like a pretty decent reason  for disallowing the goal.

Here is an image. You tell me if 90% of his body is ahead of the ball.

Jamie88

sarnian

You can be standing in an offside position but if you are behind the ball as Sky says then it's not offside

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Bill2 on September 03, 2022, 05:45:23 PM
Dynamics changed after Robinson went off, not sure about Mbapu although he was on the wrong side. What did Perera do, thought he was poor and wasteful again. They were the better side but we scored the best goal.

I don't question that Mbapu had to adjust to playing on our left, but when he subbed in for Tete it didn't look better at all.

It's early days...so he may get better at defending when he learns our system better.  Right now...he's a worry.

ffcthereligion

Mbabu was absolutely shocking and cost us today (as he did at arsenal). If Robinson stayed on a point was available. Unlucky that he had the injury and no kurzawa on bench plus Bryan gone. A perfect storm

2 points gained by mbabu vs Brentford now been lost in both north London away games

SG

Quote from: sarnian on September 03, 2022, 05:51:00 PM
You can be standing in an offside position but if you are behind the ball as Sky says then it's not offside

He's behind the ball and therefore onside. No doubt unfortunately

F(f)CUK

davew

Quote from: hovewhite on September 03, 2022, 05:44:09 PM
It depends which team is involved, usually more tolerance given to the big clubs, but sadly he looks onside!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Somerset Fulham

The ball didn't go forward from Sess, its onside.

ffc73

First game we have clearly been second best, we could of got hammered but didn't because they did not give up. It would have been robbery but Lloris made a save at the death that could have got us a very unlikely point.

Arsenal & Spurs away. We lost both. Not a big shock. We were competitive in both which bodes well for the games to come.

cwindsor

Quote from: Whitestone on September 03, 2022, 05:40:07 PM
Anyone who is concerned should take a look at the goals we conceded in our first six games in our last two seasons in the Prem. We've played Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs and have a zero goal difference this time round. We're moving in the right direction. Long may it continue. I was concerned about the defence but must single out Ream who has been very good. Please may I have a slice of humble pie.

Good post. Ream has definitely stepped up his game. Tete and Tosin, less so.

Somerset Fulham

Spurs were much better than us but then thats what is expected, I will lose no sleep over this and neither should anybody else.

Next weekend is the one I'm looking at. I think we can win that one.