watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tottenham Spurs 2 v 1 Fulham Post Match Thread

Started by Benny, September 03, 2022, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Thank God for Leno, the woodwork and VAR!
Outclassed until the final 20 minutes and even the it was a bit much to expect a bunch of strangers to make much impression
Mbabu didn't exactly dither for their first goal as they closed him down in an impossible position
We had one meaningful shot in the game and scored.

Tabby

Quote from: roberto w6 on September 03, 2022, 05:11:52 PM
I only listened on the radio.

Did Dan James and Willian look sharp? Didn't sound it from the radio

James looked alright, not bad for a player that joined less than 24 hours ago. Willian didn't do anything much.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Robinson injury significantly changed the game, as others have said. Leno MOTM.

Luka

Did Willian actually move faster than a walk at any point ?
Anyway, we looked a different and far more composed side when he came on with TC and Dan James.

Count Flapula

Wasn't a "bad performance". Not on it first half but fought hard in the second and put Spurs under pressure.

Key for me was Robbo going off. A right footer at LB makes play so predictable as FB cuts back and passes backwards inside all the time. No penetration or danger on that wing as left forward also inverted in our system. Never question Silva but having both Duffy and Diop on the bench at the expense of Kurzawa at bit odd (regardless of whether he's been here only 48 hrs or not). Maybe a fitness thing. Kurzawa has to start next match if Robbo out.

Luka

Southcoastffc

We're hard to beat.  No doubting that Spurs had more quality on the pitch and should have won, but we battled and scrapped again.  Glorious goal from Mitro.  Our subs didn't affect the game (except for Mbabu unfortunately, and TC bringing some slight calm amongst the storm).  Let's hope Willian, James and Vinicius can integrate quickly and be effective.   2 worries for me - the extent of Antonee's injury and Palhinha: now suspended for the Chelsea game?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

Result about right,I'll take that as long as we
dont lose to them down road next week.

Caedal

Anyone a little worried by the amount of goals we're conceding? We've had a tough run but have let in 9 in 6 games, having to score 2 per game to get anything. Granted we've scored 9 aswell, so it might just be how its going to be. We did give up alot of clear scoring chances to Spurs today, which we didnt do against Brighton, which is likely a combination of the quality of opposition and tiredness

Tabby

Think the way Tottenham plays really fits us badly. Most of our attacking comes from exploiting opponents trying to set up play to hit them while they are disorganized and Tottenham often go long for runners.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Caedal on September 03, 2022, 05:20:01 PM
Anyone a little worried by the amount of goals we're conceding? We've had a tough run but have let in 9 in 6 games, having to score 2 per game to get anything. Granted we've scored 9 aswell, so it might just be how its going to be. We did give up alot of clear scoring chances to Spurs today, which we didnt do against Brighton, which is likely a combination of the quality of opposition and tiredness

If our GD is 0 right now, we're faring better than quite a few other teams. The goal, the only goal, is survival this season, whether it's in 8th place or 17th.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Whitestone

Both keepers were candidates for MOM.

Wingnut

They deserved the win. Looking at the bigger picture, I've seen nothing to suggest that we can't pick up points on the road against the majority of teams in the division. If we can do that, we'll survive with a bit to spare. Very happy with what I've seen form Marco and the lads so far this season. We are hard to beat. Really looking forward to the game next weekend.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

colinwhite

Hes clearly offside when the ball is played. I  don't understand how the referees could get that so wrong . If offside is about foot placement then the people making theses rules don't understand the game.

Arthur

As has been said, Robinson going off led to a 20 minute spell up to half time where Spurs had complete domination. We steadied ourselves a bit at the start of the second half and, in my opinion, we were competitive once the three subs came on - a clear difference in our ability to get into the Spurs half. We were still in the game up to the final whistle, which is to our credit. The 3,000 who were there weren't disappointed with the effort; the lads were cheered off at the end.

Tabby

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 03, 2022, 05:21:30 PM

If our GD is 0 right now, we're faring better than quite a few other teams. The goal, the only goal, is survival this season, whether it's in 8th place or 17th.

We are mid table for goals conceded. It has been a very high-scoring start to the season.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Came here to ask the same question, I was watching on mute and looked clear offside to me.

Chi_FFC

Not too worried considering we've played 4 of the 5 highest scoring teams in league so far and held them all below their average goals per match (save Tottenham who are averaging exactly 2 per match).

Benny

because the ref was sh&t and missed a number of things today

plus spurs the home team

Hugh Gentry

No