Started by Benny, September 03, 2022, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

Some great saves today.....spurs could of been out of sight

The Swan

Long may it continue.
The Swan

The Swan

Two goals down now. Difficuut to come back from this.
The Swan

love4ffc

We knew this was going to be a tough game, don't think anyone would have foreseen the Jedi getting injured and going out in the 29th minute.  Hopefully it's not too serious and he won't be out for any length of time.  But on came Mbabu the right footed defender to play in the left back position and with that sub-Fulham managed to last until the 40th minute before the Spurs scored their first goal. 

Second half saw Leno proving again why he has slotted into the starting position over Rodak with some real quality saves.  It also saw MS bringing on fresh legs in the 60th minute with a triple substitution allowing James and Willian to make their Fulham debuts.  Sadly, even with fresh legs from the new signings Fulham could not keep out a second goal that sure looked offside in my eyes.   

The best part of how MS has set up Fulham to play this season is that they don't give up.  Instead, he pushes Fulham to keep going for it which led to Mitro scoring his goal in the 86th minute giving Fulham a lifeline and a possibly chance to pull the game back. 

In the end though it just wasn't enough for Fulham to get anything out of the game.  Still, Fulham showed heart and gave it a good go so all in all, not a bad performance from the lads in my eyes. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Bassey the warrior

Disappointing performance, comfortably second best. Great goal though, both the goal and the assist.

Nero

Well MoM isnt  going to be easy, but I let Leno  :005: :005:

Sgt Fulham

Spurs away was never going to be easy. On to the next one.

Tabby

Bad performance, but at least Mitro still showing that he is sharp.

Need Robinson back or Kurzawa to step in. Had extreme trouble creating down the left with Mbabu and there were a lot of awkward situations where a left footed player would have done fine.

Pluto

We weren't really in the game until the last 20 mins. Pleased with the signs of life at the end and the goal for Mitro.

roberto w6

We should aim to get 3 points against Chelsea. Not beyond us at home

filham

No doubt that Spurs were the better team but full credit to our boys for another great fight and being in there at the end with a chance of a point.
A week's work now with the four new players and Chelsea could find themselves with a match on their hands at the Cottage.

Matt10

I'm right-footed and played as a left-back my collegiate career. Probably the most narrow passing lanes you could think of from that perspective. I know he's going to get criticized, but asking Mbabu to play left-back as a right-footed player is incredibly difficult. It's not the same as asking a right-footed LCB where there is more room to operate. He may need to practice there this week if Jedi is still injured and Kurzawa not ready.

Whitestone

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 03, 2022, 05:01:35 PM
Disappointing performance, comfortably second best. Great goal though, both the goal and the assist.

Seriously, what were you watching, or were you actually watching. Loads of positives today. It was Spurs away you know.

hovewhite

Leno MOM was always going to be a tough game but throughout the game we didn't give up which is the biggest thing this season along with mitro setting the tone.

filham

Another good game from Leno, a very good signing.
Hope he recovers from the injury for the Chelsea match.

roberto w6

Quote from: Matt10 on September 03, 2022, 05:05:17 PM
I'm right-footed and played as a left-back my collegiate career. Probably the most narrow passing lanes you could think of from that perspective. I know he's going to get criticized, but asking Mbabu to play left-back as a right-footed player is incredibly difficult. It's not the same as asking a right-footed LCB where there is more room to operate. He may need to practice there this week if Jedi is still injured and Kurzawa not ready.

I am sure I remember Tete moving across to LB when we've had a LB go off in the past. Surprised we didn't do that if my memory is correct

Tabby

Quote from: roberto w6 on September 03, 2022, 05:07:12 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on September 03, 2022, 05:05:17 PM

I am sure I remember Tete moving across to LB when we've had a LB go off in the past. Surprised we didn't do that if my memory is correct

Think the reasoning was that Tete and Tosin are comfortable playing together position wise and that Silva didn't want to change too much about our shape.

Rightwhite

Quote from: Whitestone on September 03, 2022, 05:05:53 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 03, 2022, 05:01:35 PM

Seriously, what were you watching, or were you actually watching. Loads of positives today. It was Spurs away you know.
Exactly. I'm loving the fight in this team and we could have snatched a draw as easy as Spurs could have scored a couple more
Fine margins.

Fulham 442

Quote from: love4ffc on September 03, 2022, 04:59:01 PM
We knew this was going to be a tough game, don't think anyone would have foreseen the Jedi getting injured and going out in the 29th minute.  Hopefully it's not too serious and he won't be out for any length of time.  But on came Mbabu the right footed defender to play in the left back position and with that sub-Fulham managed to last until the 40th minute before the Spurs scored their first goal. 

Second half saw Leno proving again why he has slotted into the starting position over Rodak with some real quality saves.  It also saw MS bringing on fresh legs in the 60th minute with a triple substitution allowing James and Willian to make their Fulham debuts.  Sadly, even with fresh legs from the new signings Fulham could not keep out a second goal that sure looked offside in my eyes.   

The best part of how MS has set up Fulham to play this season is that they don't give up.  Instead, he pushes Fulham to keep going for it which led to Mitro scoring his goal in the 86th minute giving Fulham a lifeline and a possibly chance to pull the game back. 

In the end though it just wasn't enough for Fulham to get anything out of the game.  Still, Fulham showed heart and gave it a good go so all in all, not a bad performance from the lads in my eyes. 

A very good summary of the game.

roberto w6

I only listened on the radio.

Did Dan James and Willian look sharp? Didn't sound it from the radio