watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs scam

Started by copthornemike, September 04, 2022, 06:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Anyone scammed at the new Spurs ground having to pay £10 for any bags over a minuscule A4 size?
Not allowed to bring any bag over A4 size into the ground (exception for items bought at the Spurs club shop) which had to be deposited at a bag drop zone, a fair walk away from the away fans entrance, which cost an additional £10 for the privilege.
Caught out quite a few FFC fans, including families with multiple bags!
Also quite a few overseas Spurs fans from Korea!
No obvious advance info about this on the tickets or FFC site!
Left a very bad taste on the day

rebel

Quote from: copthornemike on September 04, 2022, 06:14:37 PM
Anyone scammed at the new Spurs ground having to pay £10 for any bags over a minuscule A4 size?
Not allowed to bring any bag over A4 size into the ground (exception for items bought at the Spurs club shop) which had to be deposited at a bag drop zone, a fair walk away from the away fans entrance, which cost an additional £10 for the privilege.
Caught out quite a few FFC fans, including families with multiple bags!
Also quite a few overseas Spurs fans from Korea!
No obvious advance info about this on the tickets or FFC site!
Left a very bad taste on the day

Ridiculous, complain to both clubs and the Fulham Supporters Trust. 

Cambridge Away

You could say that it was Daniel's LEVY on bags?   064.gif
Sorry

RaySmith

Is Alan Sugar still involved with Spurs? This seems like one of his Apprentices business ideas - a nice little earner for him to back!

Seriously - its a liberty not making this known to opposing fans, should be on the ticket at least.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: RaySmith on September 04, 2022, 09:26:13 PM
Is Alan Sugar still involved with Spurs? This seems like one of his Apprentices business ideas - a nice little earner for him to back!

As opposed to Daniel Levy?  :005:

Logicalman

It's on their website it appears, though it's not exactly a policy that is common, I guess we all need to be a little more aware.

https://ask.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001537020

I'll check with the Mods if it's worth taking a look at various other Prem Teams and their policies for a matchday thread - unless one of you kind chaps/chapesses out there want to offer to take the task on !  :022:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Cambridge Away on September 04, 2022, 09:20:52 PM
Sorry

Seriously - its a liberty not making this known to opposing fans, should be on the ticket at least.

It appears this is NOT an official bag drop by/for the club (see the link above)

"The Club does not operate a "left luggage service" at the Stadium.  Any services provided by external sources are not controlled by the Stadium and, if you choose to utilise these facilities, you do so at your own risk. Queues are to be expected before & after the match."
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

General

I was waiting for a friend and loads of people got told they had to check their bags and that the stadium policy is that no bags were allowed. Including parents with kids to elderly people. Only exceptions were apparently in medical cases. It's absurd that a brand new shiny stadium or those seats for that matter couldn't accommodate bags. The only potential excuse was that they were trialling the safe standing area and they could've been an evacuation hazard but even then there was plenty if room to put the bags behind or under the seat and have space. Ridiculous that they charge £10 for a bag too. That's extortionate.

Sgt Fulham

The club should return the favour when Spurs come to visit. What a disgrace and an insult to the fans.

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: General on September 04, 2022, 11:02:05 PM
I was waiting for a friend and loads of people got told they had to check their bags and that the stadium policy is that no bags were allowed. Including parents with kids to elderly people. Only exceptions were apparently in medical cases. It's absurd that a brand new shiny stadium or those seats for that matter couldn't accommodate bags. The only potential excuse was that they were trialling the safe standing area and they could've been an evacuation hazard but even then there was plenty if room to put the bags behind or under the seat and have space. Ridiculous that they charge £10 for a bag too. That's extortionate.
how does charging £10 improve fire saftey. Total shake down.

Bill2

Quote from: Logicalman on September 04, 2022, 10:25:14 PM
Quote from: Cambridge Away on September 04, 2022, 09:20:52 PM
Sorry

It appears this is NOT an official bag drop by/for the club (see the link above)

"The Club does not operate a "left luggage service" at the Stadium.  Any services provided by external sources are not controlled by the Stadium and, if you choose to utilise these facilities, you do so at your own risk. Queues are to be expected before & after the match."
That is interesting as I thought I saw an area on the stadium concourse for checking bags in. This was definitely provided by Spurs and there was a big queue outside.

Kemosabe

I was aware of this - I got the Away day guide email from the FST and followed the link through the official Spurs guide for Away Fans.

It's not on the first page, but their policy on bag size is clearly set out on this General Information page:  https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-stadium/visiting-supporters/general-information/.

Maybe good feedback (perhaps from FST) to give this more prominence.  I was aware that some stadia are starting to introduce pretty restrictive policies on bags after I went to an event at Wembley Stadium a few weeks back (who take the same approach - so be aware, if we ever make a cup semi-final or final!).

The Cravenette

I saw a guy being told he would need to check his bag. It was a normal size rucksack with hardly anything in it. He pointed out the fact it wasn't bulky but they said it was too big either way.

I saw people queuing up to get their bags back on the way out (on the other side of the stadium to the away end). I had no idea that on top of the really annoying inconvenience they were charged a tenner too. Total rip off.

HarryBayles

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 05, 2022, 08:14:13 AM
The club should return the favour when Spurs come to visit. What a disgrace and an insult to the fans.
Let's hope they don't then return the favour of our toilet facilities next season when we play at their place again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copthornemike

Thanks all, still pretty pi**ed off about the scam.
Do any of the FST team who meet with the club hierarchy read this board, if yes could they include it at the next meeting?

ffc73

I was unaware of this & managed to get into Spurs last Saturday with a small rucksack. Unbeknown to me it must by chance have met the entry dimensions.

However, be aware that Man Utd operated a similar policy last time we went there. That time with a bigger rucksack it cost me, I think £5, which they said was going to their 'Foundation'. The booth was an official Man Utd bag storage facility.

RaySmith

There's been a general move against taking bags into stadiums for a bit now, and in fact, I try to avoid taking one, although I'm often travelling a long way to get to games, and away from home for a fair time.

Obviously there  potential problems with bags blocking gangways, and spaces between seats, with potential to cause accidents, but I did think this was also for security reasons, especially after attempts to bring bombs into stadiums in France, at the same time as an attack on a concert hall there, with weapons being taken in;
and there  has also been an attack on a packed concert here, in Manchester, with a bomb taken into a concert hall in a rucksack, which killed many young people - though there were bad mistakes by security at this event - a suspicious looking bloke walking around carrying a huge rucksack was reported by several people to security staff, who took no action.

But the prices charged to store bags at games at Spurs seem exorbitant - are they having a laugh?

FulhamKC

At many stadiums in the U.S. not only does your bag have to be under a certain size, it has to be clear too. So you might see that in the future.

Wolf

Pretty far from ideal for anyone coming straight from work (evening matches in particular) with the obligatory laptop.

In the past I've gone to matches straight from the airport in Germany and used the FREE official baggage storage (Hertha Berlin, Bayer Leverkusen). Different ethos there.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Colton F.C.

I remember a few seasons ago you could leave stuff at a school near CC. Queens Manor? Is this stilli going? How much do they charge?  Is it run by FFC or 'an external source'?