https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi in Champions League

Started by Sting of the North, September 07, 2022, 10:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: perry geyton on September 14, 2022, 10:49:10 PM
if only Anguissa had 25% of his attitude,
personally i felt we should of kept Dennis around, he'd of done a much better job of being a makeshift left back in that last game, also knew tim well and coulda filled in at center and right back

Crikey mate.

You've really got to let this Anguissa thing go.

FreiBird

personally i felt we should of kept Dennis around, he'd of done a much better job of being a makeshift left back in that last game, also knew tim well and coulda filled in at center and right back

You want to keep Dennis Odoi around to play in the Prem but not Anguissa, hahah can't make this up.

FreiBird

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 14, 2022, 11:14:38 PM

Crikey mate.

Here's Anguissa getting an assist tonight after dominating Rangers in the Champions League.

https://streamable.com/sexq5t

Odoi is better than him though  :005: :005: :005:

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: FreiBird on September 15, 2022, 01:37:03 AM

You want to keep Dennis Odoi around to play in the Prem but not Anguissa, hahah can't make this up.
I think maybe you tuck Anguissa up in bed at night.......best case you take an effigy of him to bed every night

FFC1987

Come on bud, we closed the other thread and its done and dusted now. Let's just celebrate Odoi here. A man who deserves absolutely everything he's getting in terms of positive accolades. What a trooper and a role model for young players. Appreciate people throw terms and words around lightly, but I think he's a bit of a legend in this regard.

Bassey the warrior

It's not so much we let him go, more that Odoi really wanted the move, especially as they were giving him a 3-year contract.

toshes mate

Wherever he played in the team he was there to be seen and influence a game even if some of those moments were not of the chosen variety.  He didn't hide away or give less than one hundred percent just because of the occasion.  His spirit still lives on in my memories of his Fulham days and he never needed to pretend to be better than he really was.  He would always play for the team and not for himself.  Those are character traits Anguissa could have benefitted from rather than the old, old argument that my guy is better than your guy any day of the week.  And how much did Denis cost the Club in comparison to what he gave back?  I miss Denis a lot.  I don't much miss Anguissa and I didn't much miss him when he didn't play for us whilst under contract.   There are things in football that money cannot buy.

HV71

Quote from: toshes mate on September 15, 2022, 11:10:26 AM
Wherever he played in the team he was there to be seen and influence a game even if some of those moments were not of the chosen variety.  He didn't hide away or give less than one hundred percent just because of the occasion.  His spirit still lives on in my memories of his Fulham days and he never needed to pretend to be better than he really was.  He would always play for the team and not for himself.  Those are character traits Anguissa could have benefitted from rather than the old, old argument that my guy is better than your guy any day of the week.  And how much did Denis cost the Club in comparison to what he gave back?  I miss Denis a lot.  I don't much miss Anguissa and I didn't much miss him when he didn't play for us whilst under contract.   There are things in football that money cannot buy.

Post of the season so far

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on September 15, 2022, 11:10:26 AM

Fully agree with every word.

Somerset Fulham

Joe Bryan just scored for Nice in the Europa whateveritis.

perry geyton

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on September 15, 2022, 07:24:38 AM
Quote from: FreiBird on September 15, 2022, 01:37:03 AM

I think maybe you tuck Anguissa up in bed at night.......best case you take an effigy of him to bed every night
That's guaranteed

perry geyton

Crikey mate.

Just mentioned it cos the OP started the THREAD on the subject matter.

He's long out of my mind now and long love Dennis Odoi
How much did we pay for Dennis ? Like peanuts if I remember right

McBrideOfFrankenstein

I've been watching Napoli this season, Anguissa has been playing out of his skull.

FreiBird

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 15, 2022, 11:21:09 PM
I've been watching Napoli this season, Anguissa has been playing out of his skull.

Yup, best player on the best team in Italy, but yea we should have Odoi playing because he's better according to some

Sting of the North

Quote from: perry geyton on September 15, 2022, 11:11:23 PM

Crikey mate.

Just mentioned it cos the OP started the THREAD on the subject matter.

He's long out of my mind now and long love Dennis Odoi
How much did we pay for Dennis ? Like peanuts if I remember right

I thought it was clear that I started the thread to discuss Odoi, and specifically instead of discussing Anguissa (if the other thread could still be called a discussion). Maybe it wasn't as clear as I thought, and there is of course a possibility to compare Odoi to Anguissa, so please feel free but personally I am a bit tired of subjects where people don't even try to have a balanced view or listen to arguments. But to each their own of course.

Cheers

Sting of the North

Quote from: FreiBird on September 15, 2022, 11:58:01 PM
Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 15, 2022, 11:21:09 PM

Yup, best player on the best team in Italy, but yea we should have Odoi playing because he's better according to the plastics hahahaah

If you are just here to try to insult people, can't you start your own thread about how superior your opinions are instead of derailing this one that was intended to pay tribute to a popular former player? Or at the very least tone it down to a decent level?

Thanks

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Napoli have been my favorite Italian side since the days of Cavani, Hamsik, & Lavezzi, and they are really fun to watch this year. That Georgian is something special (and I don't at all mind watching Anguissa excel there. Happy for him).

General

Joe Bryan scored a goal in the second minute in OGC Nice's europa league match and played for 85 minutes before being subbed off. They drew.

Funny how odoi all this time could've been a DM.

General

Quote from: FreiBird on September 15, 2022, 01:38:14 AM

Crikey mate.

Here's Anguissa getting an assist tonight after dominating Rangers in the Champions League.

https://streamable.com/sexq5t

Odoi is better than him though  :005: :005: :005:

And as others know anguissa also scored in napolis win against Liverpool. He's obviously much happier there and doing much better. Fair enough. Seems fulham simply didn't match his level of ambition and it showed with unmotivated performances for us.