watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Corruption or pure incompetence?

Started by southwest6, October 10, 2022, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

We have seen enough this season. Chelsea goal, West Ham three goals. Amongst many others. Incompetence is the odd mistake but not a week goes by now that mistakes are just becoming common place.

It spoils the game and the likelihood that we will end a game without any controversy over a VAR decision. Is less and less.

Looking forward to the games next week?

Not really. It depends if any football actually is the talking point.   
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 11, 2022, 03:01:37 PM
Quote from: Enfield on October 11, 2022, 01:54:00 PM
It's corruption at the highest level, the establishment are terrified of Khan's billions and don't want another seat at the table. Will do anything to get us relegated, as they did the previous two times.

Eh?

Did they buy us a really rubbish team or give us managers that weren't up to the job then?

In a thread full of madness, this one is clear by about a furlong.

Love that.

Twig

Quote from: Twig on October 12, 2022, 09:53:21 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 11, 2022, 03:01:37 PM
Quote from: Enfield on October 11, 2022, 01:54:00 PM
It's corruption at the highest level, the establishment are terrified of Khan's billions and don't want another seat at the table. Will do anything to get us relegated, as they did the previous two times.

Eh?

Did they buy us a really rubbish team or give us managers that weren't up to the job then?

In a thread full of madness, this one is clear by about a furlong.

Love that.

If it was sarcasm then I apologise. Hadn't picked that up.

perry geyton

OK
I've simmered down now and watched the game again
Here's my opinion

First one - Periera should of laid off when warned he wasn't even any where near looking for the ball coming from the corner which gave Dawson the incentive...

Second one - stone cold hand ball
The ball was spinning towards him and he used his hand to change the direction and set himself up, how the ref and commentators  didn't point this out I'll never understand "BLATANT"

Third one - another stone cold hand ball he used his hand one again to change the direction of the ball
"BLATANT"

hovewhite

Quote from: perry geyton on October 13, 2022, 12:35:37 AM
OK
I've simmered down now and watched the game again
Here's my opinion

First one - Periera should of laid off when warned he wasn't even any where near looking for the ball coming from the corner which gave Dawson the incentive...

Second one - stone cold hand ball
The ball was spinning towards him and he used his hand to change the direction and set himself up, how the ref and commentators  didn't point this out I'll never understand "BLATANT"

Third one - another stone cold hand ball he used his hand one again to change the direction of the ball
"BLATANT"
to be honest I felt like the laws of the game being changed to suit west spam,will agree about the 1st goal after looking at it a few times,also blocking at set pieces happen every game from Sunday league games up throughout the pyramid so impossible to stop.still think we were stopped getting a result by official s.

kiwian

Quote from: FFCBadger on October 10, 2022, 04:02:18 PM
The rules need looking at too. I read thi just now on the Antonio third goal:

"I think it was handball originally, he swipes at it but because it's not picked up because it doesn't materialise in a goal. "The argument is the Fulham players touched the ball so it's reset, the law says if it strikes his hand, it's got to go directly to the player or his colleague. That's where it's complicated, the easy thing is if it got picked up on that it was handball but the VAR deemed that it wasn't handball so he can't penalise that."

So it's OK to grab the ball, throw it at a fulham player then score on the rebound! Tricky yes, but completely legal...
So does that mean if a player is offside when he gets the ball, then moves into an onside position and passes to a teammate who scores, that goal is awarded?
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Woolly Mammoth

So we are all agreed then it is Corruption of Epic Proportions which will only end up in dire circumstances. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Quote from: SG on October 10, 2022, 07:03:26 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on October 10, 2022, 04:49:23 PM
I don't know why people are surprised. John Moss, the most unfit, and usually incompetent referee when he was on the pitch, retired last season.

Loaned behold he is rewarded with job that put him in charge of everything to do with VAR.

IMO the PGMOL, should be replaced by an independent run company, where the jobs for the boys would not be given out on favour.

I have no idea what H Webbs role will be in this closed shop when he assumes his position whenever that may be.

Webb starts in a month or so and replaces that useless winker Riley who was useless as a ref and equally useless heading up PGMOL. Hopefully he'll get a grip of these tossers and bring some consistency
I like you're assessment of Riley I always thought the same. Like you I have respect for Howard Webb .

Just an extra fact rather than an additional post. Many years back I was taken to a game in Spain by an affluent friend , a pro game albeit a couple of steps below the la liga also it was in the seventies . It was at tarragona - can't remember who against - but I was told what the outcome would be before the game and sure enough it was spot on. So it wasn't squeaky clean there at that time , who knows now.
1975 just leaving home full of hope