News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so who fills in for Jaoa in the next game then ?

Started by perry geyton, September 21, 2022, 10:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OZ-WHITE

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 22, 2022, 05:21:31 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 22, 2022, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 22, 2022, 09:22:30 AM
Quote from: General on September 22, 2022, 08:11:49 AM

Bdr----------mitro--------kebano/James

--------------Willian-------------------

---------Pereira---------------------
                 Reed

I don't think Willian has the legs for that role ATM, hope and think they will use the workrate of BDR together with Pereira and Reed.
Willians a wide man, no chance he's playing that roll

I have not looked much into his career. In the recent interview from a few days ago, the man himself claims to be able to play left, right and as a number 10. So, maybe not out of the realm of possibility.

Jose Mourinho listed Willian as a midfielder , often played wide due to other players , more than capable at AM ( not deeper at CM ) even for 70min and bring on TC , Pereira and Reed would be fine in front of defence - stats might come down for headers but more pace with Pereira on the counter attack
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

bobby01

Chalobah is somewhat an enigma, on the verge of a regular England place before injury, well known by Marco, but seems to be struggling to get back to that level, no idea why that should be but in the little offal videos that are posted he always seems miserable to me, wether for being here or circumstance I don't know. There is a player in there, just how to get it out seems the problem.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

The Rational Fan

From what I can see Silva rates Chalobah quite highly and more than most fans, surely Chalobah will start. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 23, 2022, 11:49:18 AM
From what I can see Silva rates Chalobah quite highly and more than most fans, surely Chalobah will start.

In what way have you seen that? He has barely been used as a sub so far, and he was not even preferred in the Championship by Silva. I have of course no idea how highly Silva rates him, but just curious on what you have seen to convince you?

Grassy Noel

Am I wrong in thinking that Challobah is rather slow or do my very old eyes deceive me? Perhaps his running might better be described as 'measured'? What is the opinion? And what are the stats?

perry geyton

Quote from: Grassy Noel on September 23, 2022, 12:40:57 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that Challobah is rather slow or do my very old eyes deceive me? Perhaps his running might better be described as 'measured'? What is the opinion? And what are the stats?
He's certainly no Harrison Reed but he does like to get stuck in
Also extremely injury prone by the looks of it,,,,
It's really hard to guess what Marco is gonna do

We could definately use another decent holding midfielder

Jules

Chalobah is terrible. I'd play Reed deep number 6 then Cairney and Pereira with two of BDR, Kebano or Willian wide and Mitro up top. Bring on Dan James as needed to stretch them second half.

filham

Really we should have cover foreach position and with Palhinha not available we shoul not have to move players around or change tactics. Therefore Chalobah should step directly into Palinha's place.

I guess all the alternatives being suggested suggest that not many of us think Chalobah is up to the standard required.

perry geyton

Quote from: Jules on September 24, 2022, 11:08:35 AM
Chalobah is terrible. I'd play Reed deep number 6 then Cairney and Pereira with two of BDR, Kebano or Willian wide and Mitro up top. Bring on Dan James as needed to stretch them second half.
Me too

TC more then deserves a start

perry geyton

My biggest fear came true, Marco got it wrong today

nwg

He is going to regret not starting/playing TC more. A step slow for the Prem, yeah, but he is a gamer who keeps his head and eyes up and who plays smart.

We're down a man and two goals to a team that starts Dan Burn...

junior white

He wouldnt have been my choice to start but he was always going to start i guess, we have played Reed and Paulhina this season, brining in TC would have been more of a change form the regular set up.

perry geyton

REED
PERIERA
CAIRNEY

it should of been

Now he puts Tom on at 3-0 down

perry geyton

Quote from: nwg on October 01, 2022, 03:36:57 PM
He is going to regret not starting/playing TC more. A step slow for the Prem, yeah, but he is a gamer who keeps his head and eyes up and who plays smart.

We're down a man and two goals to a team that starts Dan Burn...
I agree

Bill2

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on October 01, 2022, 03:51:04 PM
REED
PERIERA
CAIRNEY

it should of been

Agree that's what it should have been. He got it wrong and I don't think it sends a great message to TC that  he is so far down the pecking order.

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on October 01, 2022, 05:24:37 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 01, 2022, 03:51:04 PM
REED
PERIERA
CAIRNEY

it should of been

Agree that's what it should have been. He got it wrong and I don't think it sends a great message to TC that  he is so far down the pecking order.
Yep Tom was our only bright spark today
He must be wondering what he has to do to get a game under Marco

Colton F.C.

Quote from: bobby01 on September 23, 2022, 11:16:56 AM
Chalobah is somewhat an enigma, on the verge of a regular England place before injury, well known by Marco, but seems to be struggling to get back to that level, no idea why that should be but in the little offal videos that are posted he always seems miserable to me, wether for being here or circumstance I don't know. There is a player in there, just how to get it out seems the problem.

Is he pining for the greyhounds like RLC?

Jules

I said it days ago, Chalobah is terrible. What a bad line up today and a poor performance. But, it happens. We must just move on now, and lessons can be learnt.

Blawarmy

Chalobah should never wear the shirt again. No excuses for what he did today.  Hes a championship midfielder...at a push