watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH THREAD: Fulham 3-0 Aston Villa

Started by Friendsoffulham, October 20, 2022, 09:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

All post Match thoughts about the Aston Villa game here, after a 3-0 win at Craven Cottage. Goals from Reed, Mitrovic (pen) and an OG from Mings seals the win for the Whites.

#FFC #FulhamFC #FFC

049:gif

The Swan

Good game, Good result, clean sheet. what more could we want,
The Swan

FFC1987

HobGoblin

Great result and very much needed. Onwards and updwards COYW

Deeping_white

That is why you play Reed and Pereira - that game was won in the middle of the pitch and Villa couldn't match our intensity. ALSO the fact that people laughed at us for signing Willian is hilarious in itself because he's been absolutely superb and he's probably proving everyone wrong with how good he's been

horse1031

Villa was so bad.

Relegation form and Gerrard has to be gone.

Palhina is the key to our play.  Robinson very good and William MOTM.  He just oozes quality.  Once that goal went in villas head dropped.

Mitro a touch slow but got stuck in and scored again.  Reid looks like a right back.

elgreenio

Great night all round really. Clean sheet, three goals, no injuries by the looks of it and could play at a canter for the final 20 to save some legs for Sunday.

Diop still scares me a bit though
touch my camera through the fence

Lighthouse

Had the luck, Villa were awful But after our last three matches we probably deserved all the luck.

Some good performances and a good solid team performance.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Europe here we come.😛.. 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

LC

SerbianLad

Excellent win, thought we could have played even better and that we were far from our best. (it was still a very good performance).Leno was calm, back four was excellent, particularly Diop and Robinson imo. Midfielders controlled the game, Kebano put in a real shift, Willian is such a classy player. I thought Mitro still wasn't at 100%(he was at about 90% imo), but another good performance for him.

All in all good performance, Leeds looking bad at the moment let's win that match and try to build some momentum again.

Motspur Park

Brilliant first half. When the sending off happened game was virtually over. After that it was all about game management and we won three nil. What more could you ask for? We then were in 1st gear for the rest of the game. First class performance.

Woolly Mammoth

A well deserved victory, there was confidence oozing throughout the team. We played without fear and it showed.
Many players won their own battles and the team selection was justified.
MS managed the game very well throughout the match.

We hunted in packs from the start and Fulham were tenacious, and we have to be ruthless with energy and show no mercy.
We press high and that is a real big gun for us and we are winning our battles in the air.
The clean sheet is a massive positive for Leno as all Goal Keepers treasure a clean sheet as do the outfield.
On to the next match away to Leeds and we look no further than that match.

Well done Fulham.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

We've got class right through the team, quality players, well organised and playing like a team - well done Silva and the coaching staff.

We'll play a lot tougher opponents than Villa, but I think we can give any team a game.

Yes, we had a bit of luck, and was a bit worried when we were only 1 up at half time - should have been at least a couple more, but as Lighthouse said we deserved a bit of luck after recent games, and in the end it was a comfortable win.

Well played all those in the white shirt tonight.
COYW

wback

Look, Villa are as bad as you'll see this season. No midfield, strikers with no confidence, mistakes at the back, no system or pattern. You can only beat what's put in front of you, but after the last few games it is nice to have an absolutely terrible team put in our way.

We did what we had to, with some style, made it look very easy indeed and had them totally demoralised by midway through the second half.

Though I don't think it's particularly fair on Tosin, and I'd like to see Wilson get a bit of match time, this is our team for the next 4 games.

Kick on from here, get ourselves 4-6 points more before the World Cup and it will have been a truly GREAT first (just under) half of the season.

ChesterTheTabby

Lovely for Reed, two goals now and he's plucky as ever. Adds an entirely new offensive weapon or option that defenders need to be wary of. Once he starts scoring like this, they'll be less likely to lay off him and let him shoot. Two class goals this season. Becoming an all around guy.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

HamsterWheel

Both Ref and VAR on top form tonight, a welcome change!

Black, White and Fred

Unfit Mitro still having a massive impact on the game. William absolute class, BDR, Robinson and Diop also all had great games. Villa were poor but we still had to get the result over the line.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Pluto

Leeds look terrible too. Have to go on and beat them at the weekend.

Black and White Town

I can't pick a MOTM, I thought everyone was great. Cracking atmosphere at the Cottage too.

I thought their goalie was really good - we would have been 3 or 4 up in the first half if it wasn't for some really good saves.