watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reem

Started by Ss12white, October 21, 2022, 08:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ss12white

Most of us must admit that we all thought that Tim Reem would have been leaving in the Pre season. Not many thought he was good enough for the Prem, he had a point to prove. By God he is proving it, never seen him play with so much confidence.

hovewhite

Seems to have turned back the years inspired by competition and a great man manager.long may it continue.

Woolly Mammoth

Tim Ream has certainly stepped it up a gear and looks very assured.
He has definitely earned his place at the back.
I have to admit i was expecting him to struggle but so far so good.
If Fulham had just signed him this summer we would be saying what a good signing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

S.F.Sorrow

Ream used to be a liability but last season he suddenly looked like a new player. He has been impressive this season too, which I honestly didn't expect. His lack of pace is a problem of course but as long as other players (mainly Robinson) are aware of this and provide the necessary defensive cover it seems to work.

We will probably concede a couple of goals due to Ream's lack of pace this season but all CBs make mistakes and so far he has been rock solid. I'm a bit worried that he seems to almost injure himself every time he needs to make a last ditch tackle though. He's not getting any younger and I'm not sure we can expect him to play a full season at this level. But then again, he has proven me wrong before.

Makes me wonder if it was really all about coaching and that Ream simply stayed loyal to whatever the manager told him to do. Like those seasons when he repeatedly tried to dribble his way out of the box under pressure and looked totally incompetent as a result. His decision making under pressure has certainly improved! His positioning is much better too. It's been a while now since he got beaten by a long ball behind the defence, which used to be a problem in the past. It certainly looks like Silva has found a way to get the best out of Ream without exposing his weaknesses (pace + aerial duals). Or maybe Ream has simply learned from his mistakes.

I used to feel sick every time I saw his name on the team sheet but now I'm a converted Ream fan!

H4usuallysitting

Last night Ashley Young was one of their best player's.... I've never doubted Tim Ream

We Are Premier League

11 games in, Ream and BDR are the two players with most PL minutes this season...I didn't see that coming at the end of last season.

copthornemike

Ream is an intelligent man and player. I suspect he realised his playing days are limited & spent a lot of time in the gym over the close season. He doesn't get 'eased off' so easily now and his stamina is so much better.
Take a round of applause Tim Ream - an example of an old dog learning quite a few new tricks.

Bassey the warrior

I think he just needed the right manager and it also helps that Robinson's defensive work has come on in leaps and bounds, helps give him a bit of cover. Certainly though, I'm a big fan, but never expected him to be playing so well, so consistently. Long may it continue.

General

Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 21, 2022, 09:57:31 AM
11 games in, Ream and BDR are the two players with most PL minutes this season...I didn't see that coming at the end of last season.

BDR is probably in my view one of if not our most underrated players. Always puts in a shift wherever he's played. Plays wherever he's asked. You never hear a peak from him or a complaint, he's never been rumoured trying to force a move away, scores goals, has pace and technique and a good footballing intelligence and plays defence too when required.

Clearly is an intelligent guy from an intelligent family. A model pro.

Somerset Fulham

100% agree with General about Bobby. Its unbelievable that people wanted him out as late as last season, he is a fantastic player with an outstanding attitude.

I guess I presumed that Tim would probably end his playing days with us as a sub turning up for the odd cup game and injury crisis.  What an incredible turnaround it has been for an incredible guy.  Long may it last.

joef

As people have said on this thread already Tim and Bobby are intelligent players with high levels of commitment and hard work.
Add to that they come across as decent human beings - I love them in a Fulham shirt.

Twig

Both BDR and Tim are a credit to the club. Both have surprised us in how well they have adapted to the Prem this time around.  Whatever the reason I'm just delighted, both for them as individuals and for us as supporters.

On this note I can't help feeling Dennis Odoi could have been another with the potential to surprise us all, wish he'd stayed.

Thailand Mick

Surely Tim Ream has earned another extension to his contract with his performances this season. He saved us from conceding when Leno fumbled last night because he stayed alive and did not switch off when many would have.

Bronaldinho

Thought he's been class and definitely stepped it up a notch. Only concern is that Tosin is out of the side, great talent and so much potential. Need to tie him down to new deal and keep him sweet.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 21, 2022, 01:09:29 PM
Thought he's been class and definitely stepped it up a notch. Only concern is that Tosin is out of the side, great talent and so much potential. Need to tie him down to new deal and keep him sweet.

100% agree with this, cant see him extending the contract until we are "safe" from relegation and he is playing regularly...

HV71

Quote from: Twig on October 21, 2022, 12:01:50 PM
Both BDR and Tim are a credit to the club. Both have surprised us in how well they have adapted to the Prem this time around.  Whatever the reason I'm just delighted, both for them as individuals and for us as supporters.

On this note I can't help feeling Dennis Odoi could have been another with the potential to surprise us all, wish he'd stayed.

100% agree with every word of this

NewYorkYank

A major publication performed an analysis several weeks ago concerning the changing roles of Tosin and Ream under Silva.  The article posited that when Fulham was last in the PL, the midfield was significantly more open, leaving the two CBs constantly exposed.  The consequence was that Tosin's athleticism was much more important, and Ream's lack of athleticism was a much greater problem.  Under Silva, with Palhinha and Reed providing cover, the CBs are exposed far less.  As a result, the prerequisites for a Silva CB are positioning, awareness, and overall intelligence.  These are Ream's strengths, along with his passing skills.  Occasionally, one sees Ream's lack of athleticism exposed, but as one commenter noted, it is less of a problem with Robinson on the cover than with a replacement.

RaySmith

Quote from: Thailand Mick on October 21, 2022, 12:58:50 PM
Surely Tim Ream has earned another extension to his contract with his performances this season. He saved us from conceding when Leno fumbled last night because he stayed alive and did not switch off when many would have.

Similarly saved the day v Bournmouth, with a last-ditch tackle on Solanke last week.

He's been immense, last night it was like watching Bobby Moore.

Even his pace seems to have improved - maybe due to more astute positioning, so has more energy. He looks fitter anyway.

I think Silva wants his cb's to start attacks, and carry the ball forward - is this why he's introduced Diop alongside Tim?

alfie

Quote from: Ss12white on October 21, 2022, 08:04:43 AM
Most of us must admit that we all thought that Tim Reem would have been leaving in the Pre season. Not many thought he was good enough for the Prem, he had a point to prove. By God he is proving it, never seen him play with so much confidence.

REAM not. Reem
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Quote from: alfie on October 21, 2022, 02:50:56 PM
Quote from: Ss12white on October 21, 2022, 08:04:43 AM

REAM not. Reem

[/quote

Or as we chant at the match
REEEEE---AM.

No doubt he is having a great season