watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, October 28, 2022, 02:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The team is almost picking itself, perhaps a decision to be made about the wide positions and the centre backs.
Think I would go for :-

Leno
                                                BDR           Tosin                Ream       Robinson
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira
                                                           Wilson                         Willian

It hurts not to find a starting place for Cairney but I am afraid the midfield is working so well that it would be wrong to make changes in that area.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Caedal

I'd put Diop back in for Tosin, and put Tete straight in. Rest stays the same assuming Wilson is ok to start

Rupert

Quote from: filham on October 28, 2022, 02:49:29 PM
The team is almost picking itself, perhaps a decision to be made about the wide positions and the centre backs.

Leno
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira

It hurts not to find a starting place for Cairney but I am afraid the midfield is working so well that it would be wrong to make changes in that area.

Are you anticipating an early red card, then?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

alfie

Leno
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira

No Mitro and 2 Reams, that will confuse Everton
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jules

Tete is back and available! Peter Rutzler has stated this from Marco's press conference.

HamsterWheel

2 Reams, just like the Man of the Match poll with 2 of the same. One hopes we start with 11 different players. Ream has had a great season but not sure he has the legs to play 2 roles at once...

General

Leno
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira

That's a new level of confidence. Playing Everton with a starting line up of ten players and two of the same player.

Tete is back from injury by the way. But probably in squad

General

Leno

Bdr
Diop
Ream
Robinson

Reed
Palhinha

Willian
Pereira
Kebano

Mitro

Wilson is still gaining fitness and looked significantly off the pace against Leeds (we scored two of our goals after Wilson was subbed off) compared to kebano.

Bassey the warrior

If Tete is ready to start he has to start. BDR has been brilliant as a makeshift right back, but Tete is the real deal. I'd also consider bringing back Diop who is a bit better in the air than Tosin and we can expect Everton to put in a lot of crosses for Calvert-Lewin.

filham

Leno
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira

Oh dear , terrible mistakes but it does show that in my mind the players of the season, so far, have been Mitro and Ream. Yes if Tete is fit he comes in at right back. So how about:-
                                                                      Leno
                                       Tete              Tosin              Ream           Robinson

Reed                 Palinha
                                                                   Pereira
                                           Wilson                 Mitro                  Willian

Lighthouse

With Tete likely to at least be on the bench. The squad is looking stronger.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on October 28, 2022, 05:08:09 PM

Leno
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira

Oh dear , terrible mistakes but it does show that in my mind the players of the season, so far, have been Mitro and Ream. Yes if Tete is fit he comes in at right back. So how about:-
                                                                      Leno

Pereira

That looks good, but I still question Tete and Wilsons' readiness.......

LittleErn

Quote from: alfie on October 28, 2022, 03:06:23 PM

Leno
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira

No Mitro and 2 Reams, that will confuse Everton

🤣

LittleErn

Quote from: WindyCity on October 28, 2022, 05:11:48 PM
Quote from: filham on October 28, 2022, 05:08:09 PM

Leno
                                                                     Ream          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira

Leno

Pereira

That looks good, but I still question Tete and Wilsons' readiness.......

Me too. Probably start with BDR and bring on Tete in the second half - he will need game time to get back up to speed. Wilson/Kebano is difficult to call. Wilson had some game time last week and will be closer to game fitness now and Kebano always seems better as a super-sub than as a starter. Its good to have choices and no doubt Silva will react to the game situation as it unfolds.

Carborundum

Whether Tete starts or not perhaps hinges on the nature of his injury and subsequent recovery.  But so good has BDR been, we might be at the point where Silva wants him on the pitch as standard. 

Was chatting with a Cardiff fan about BDR - he and the Cardiff faithful are amazed to see him as a starter for a successful Premier League team and astonished he's playing at fullback.  Kind of a bit like my reaction to Dan Burn at Newcastle I suppose.  Anyhow, my Cardiff supporting colleague rationalised it as follows.  A Venn diagram of players who would be successful in a Marco Silva team and/or a Neil Warnock team might have a very very small intersection and possibly only goalkeepers might fit in it.

Maidstone Lee

Leno
                                                BDR           Diop                Ream       Robinson
                                                                     Reed          Palinha
                                                                             Pereira
                                                           Kebano                         Willian
                                                                             Mitrovic

Would bring back Diop for this one and start Kebano over Wilson who doesn't look 100% yet.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Fulham Tup North

I think BDR deserves to keep his place... he was superb v Leeds and scored a great goal.
Be a bit heavy to drop him after that game.
I really need Mitro to score... 10 b4 the World Cup would be amazing...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mickeyboro

DadCreature

If Tete is fit, please start him.  BDR has played well, but not as well.  Also, he's more versatile off the bench covering for more positions.