watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another nice gesture

Started by Andy S, October 30, 2022, 10:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Free scarves for all our supporters. They were good quality as well. I will be nice and warm this winter without the heating on. Watching the telly with my woolly hat scarf under a blanket with my mug of hot chocolate

Milo

Agree it's a nice gesture and they certainly looked impressive being worn/whirled above so many peoples heads.

However.. from an environmental perspective... What are they made of? New polyester presumably?
Giving away polyester scarves only for them to be discarded like a used clapper is very unsustainable.
I hope people keep them for a long time (e.g. decades) to mitigate that. It sounds like you are, so that's great!

Not trying to knock the club here..  The gesture itself was well intentioned I'm sure.  :003:

DadCreature

Quote from: Milo on October 30, 2022, 11:21:51 AM
Agree it's a nice gesture and they certainly looked impressive being worn/whirled above so many peoples heads.

However.. from an environmental perspective... What are they made of? New polyster presumably?
Giving away polyster scarves only for them to be discarded like a used clapper is very unsustainable.
I hope people keep them for a long time (e.g. decades) to mitigate that. It sounds like you are, so that's great!

Not trying to knock the club here, but honestly the world is moving on and we have to be more aware of things like this. The gesture itself was well intentioned I'm sure.  :003:
If anyone doesn't want theirs, I'll take it!

Fulham33

I did my bit. Ended up leaving the ground with 4. They will all be put to long term good use.

cookieg

Walking through Bishop's Park my sister saw a couple of scarves in the bin! Probably Everton fans in the home end. She should have rescued them but didn't want to be accused of being a bin dipper 😂

Colton F.C.

Thought it was OTT.  Still have scarves from the day we won the championship and don't need any more.  That was a day of special celebration and I am not sure what this was all about.  Bring back the clappers that are more use during the match especially the infirm in the JH (Stevenage Road).  And most importantly easier to recycle.

Also didn't like the changes to the music.  Playing Mitro's on Fire before KO smacks of unwarranted triumphalism that should be reserved to the end or a least when Mitro has scored.  This sort of arrogance will surely do us no good.

Also didn't like the flashing notice boards for corners as it interrupted my concentration.

The fighting performance by a Fulham team of high quality I did enjoy.  It requires no amplification. COYW

Deeping_white

Quote from: Colton F.C. on October 30, 2022, 07:51:42 PM
Thought it was OTT.  Still have scarves from the day we won the championship and don't need any more.  That was a day of special celebration and I am not sure what this was all about.  Bring back the clappers that are more use during the match especially the infirm in the JH (Stevenage Road).  And most importantly easier to recycle.

Also didn't like the changes to the music.  Playing Mitro's on Fire before KO smacks of unwarranted triumphalism that should be reserved to the end or a least when Mitro has scored.  This sort of arrogance will surely do us no good.

Also didn't like the flashing notice boards for corners as it interrupted my concentration.

The fighting performance by a Fulham team of high quality I did enjoy.  It requires no amplification. COYW

I don't think I've ever disagreed with a post more;

The scarves are a nice gesture by the club and if you don't want it then leave it behind and it'll be recycled - the clappers brought ridicule over the last few years and this season the atmosphere has been far better without them & they added nothing but a waste of cardboard every week.

We've played Mitro's song before every single home game this season I think; in what way is it unwarranted triumphalism or arrogant to play it? The atmosphere at every home game this season is as good as I can ever remember a home game being - the crowd getting a bit more hyped up for a game is only a good thing for the players and the cottage has genuinely been a fortress again so far so clearly it's having it's intended impact. A song is a song, lots of clubs will play a popular tune before the game starts to get the crowd going & I can't believe it's taken the club this long to cotton on to the idea of it

SP

Glad I didn't have to lay out the scarves, my back aches just thinking about it.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 30, 2022, 07:58:52 PM

I don't think I've ever disagreed with a post more;

The scarves are a nice gesture by the club and if you don't want it then leave it behind and it'll be recycled - the clappers brought ridicule over the last few years and this season the atmosphere has been far better without them & they added nothing but a waste of cardboard every week.

We've played Mitro's song before every single home game this season I think; in what way is it unwarranted triumphalism or arrogant to play it? The atmosphere at every home game this season is as good as I can ever remember a home game being - the crowd getting a bit more hyped up for a game is only a good thing for the players and the cottage has genuinely been a fortress again so far so clearly it's having it's intended impact. A song is a song, lots of clubs will play a popular tune before the game starts to get the crowd going & I can't believe it's taken the club this long to cotton on to the idea of it

I'm with you. Football is supposed to be fun. Imo there's a difference between the historical good-natured light pessimism of some Fulham fans (good, healthy) and sour cynicism about any kind of positivity (not good, unhealthy).

Hatch007

You're living proof that you can't please everyone.

And for the record (pun intended) the club did not play Mitro's On Fire. They played Gala/Freed From Desire, a massive dance record from the 90s played at multiple stadiums around the world, not just football venues!

Andy S

I'm not in favour of people leaving with 5 scarves. That's just plain greedy. I am in favour of putting some money in the poppy appeal in the club shop

Motspur

Bloody hell our owners can't win. Excessive prices for non season season ticket holders for some and then they provide scarves for all attendees and that's  wrong. I say thank you Mr Shahid Khan for your investment in our club and may long it continue. Look around at other clubs and see how they are faring with problematic owners; with Shahid Khan we haven't had anything but investment and now he his trying to balance the books somewhat and all I see are messages expecting him to contribute more of his money if we wish to maintain Premier League status.
The current situation for non season tickets is that if they don't sell at the current quoted prices then they will have to be reduced but it seems with our reduced capacity they are being sold; and if you respond about long term younger fans being lost then season ticket prices are very affordable (compared to all other London Premier league clubs) and there is a scheme to pay over the season. The club is a business and not a charity, albeit there is a brilliant Community Association within the Club but this unfortunately doesn't mean that by wishing to stay in the Premier League we can offer further reduced price tickets on a attendance of approx 24000.
Its a catch 22; do we want a successful team in the Premier League or a club in League One or Two with a 10,000 attendance for home games. I know what my view is. I will await the critical comments but I'm a supporter of Mr Khan in what he has and continues to do for our club in maintaining the club's history, its family club ethics as well as aspiring to be  a successful within the Premier League.

alfie

Quote from: Motspur on October 30, 2022, 09:15:00 PM
Bloody hell our owners can't win. Excessive prices for non season season ticket holders for some and then they provide scarves for all attendees and that's  wrong. I say thank you Mr Shahid Khan for your investment in our club and may long it continue. Look around at other clubs and see how they are faring with problematic owners; with Shahid Khan we haven't had anything but investment and now he his trying to balance the books somewhat and all I see are messages expecting him to contribute more of his money if we wish to maintain Premier League status.
The current situation for non season tickets is that if they don't sell at the current quoted prices then they will have to be reduced but it seems with our reduced capacity they are being sold; and if you respond about long term younger fans being lost then season ticket prices are very affordable (compared to all other London Premier league clubs) and there is a scheme to pay over the season. The club is a business and not a charity, albeit there is a brilliant Community Association within the Club but this unfortunately doesn't mean that by wishing to stay in the Premier League we can offer further reduced price tickets on a attendance of approx 24000.
Its a catch 22; do we want a successful team in the Premier League or a club in League One or Two with a 10,000 attendance for home games. I know what my view is. I will await the critical comments but I'm a supporter of Mr Khan in what he has and continues to do for our club in maintaining the club's history, its family club ethics as well as aspiring to be  a successful within the Premier League.
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

McBrideOfFrankenstein

:plus one:

StuinSalop

You miserable old or young git😂.   Pre match atmosphere was probably the highlight of the day, it was fantastic!

HamsterWheel

Was a lovely touch, scarves are made in UK too!
And everyone needed a scarf in the 21C bitter winter weather.....

Wolf

Just to expand upon the quotation I've highlighted in bold, the Aston Villa match was sold out apart from the Family Section. Do not cry for imagined persons that cannot pay £60+ for their child/children to attend. Affordable football is available in the Family Section.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Woolly Mammoth

With all due respect Mr Cotton and of course you are entitled to be miserable.
Nevertheless i have to say that you are living proof that Grumpy and Snow White did have a child.
Also i love hearing Mitro's song any time of the day.

As for the clappers not for me thank you as it may signify the holder of a clapper may
have the clap as well as making yourself a laughing stock with opposing supporters.
I am just relieved you enjoyed the game, i dread to think if we had been
beaten with a poor performance, as i can see you jumping off Putney Bridge shouting Geronimo, which would mean i would have to
get myself wet rescuing you, and that Thames water is full of floaters.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

Quote from: Wolf on October 31, 2022, 01:10:04 PM

Just to expand upon the quotation I've highlighted in bold, the Aston Villa match was sold out apart from the Family Section. Do not cry for imagined persons that cannot pay £60+ for their child/children to attend. Affordable football is available in the Family Section.

I sit in the family section with my kids next to the Cottage and there are some seats that are rarely used so I assume these must be season ticket holders who don't come or they are tickets the club has for family and friends of the team (Mitro's dad always provides good entertainment!) and for away team families and friends. I assume there must be restrictions on selling any other tickets to adults as it is supposed to be a family section.

Wolf

Family Section tickets can only be bought via the Ticket Office, not online (to minimise the risk of mispurchase). It appeared sold out yesterday but tickets were on sale up until kickoff for the Villa match.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots